The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Livestream #19!

[DE]Rebecca

DERebecca, twitch i doesnt work very well on tablets or smartphones. can we have youtube as a primary for live stream recordings? im not saying stop using twitch, lol. just asking if that can be uploaded to first since it obviously can be viewed not only via computer, but from any other media device, seeing as android and Iphone BOTH have youtube as a default app. 

Yeah we try and upload as quickly as we can - with streams that crash halfway through it takes much longer because we have to edit and splice, we can't just push to YT. Sorry.

It was a nice last stream of 2013, now looking forward to another great year with Warframe! Some nice changes announced, although I'm a bit worried about the exp system change, but we'll figure it out somehow.

I feel like apologizing for the idiots in the chat, that stuff doesn't belong anywhere and "it's the internet" is just a bad excuse. Sad for your loss, the last part really choked me up. 

All the best to DE and Brian's family, that thing is never funny. You guys (and gals!) are doing a great job, keep pourin' it on.

Thank you for watching Livestream #19, our last Dev stream of 2013.

We will have a video on Youtube shortly, as well as a summary.

We encountered a crash halfway through, so the video is currently available in two parts on Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/b/487141373

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/b/487151468

Thank you, everyone.

P.S: IMAGES FROM STREAM!

GRINEER JUNGLE SCREENSHOTS:

vToHN7S.jpg

w8KlHHb.jpg

rDkbjeW.jpg

D8uSuyR.jpg

HfOk2En.jpg

hD235Zu.jpg

LOTUS

31HtWzn.jpg

PALADIN: NEW FRAME!

SxC7xYd.jpg

VAY HEK'S NEW LOOK!

7ZgSAAX.jpg

sJY5Imv.jpg

DMJbbB0.jpg

Xlb1G6n.jpg

DARVO RETURNS

qjljqgX.jpg

HUD WIP

minOed4.jpg

Hey look, images!

Good stream, excited about upcoming additions.  Vay Hek as a "propaganda machine" I didn't expect to be so...literal, lol...but I kinda dig it even though it is not my normal style for art.  Really looking forward to the upcoming melee system changes, warn Steve I'm going to spam his inbox with suggestions but was glad to find out their ideas on stances are panning out.

Lastly, considering how emotional it must have been for you DE, I think the second portion of the Livestream was wonderful for us - especially for those of us to get some insight into the wonderful work that we may not have been aware of.  I'll leave it at that out of respect.

Well that's it for another year. As much as i tend to join the critic about the way the development is going, i have to say i really enjoy getting news this way and seeing the people who make this game in person. So thanks for doing these.

As for the stream itself.

- Steve should have gotten the price: "Most likely to derail questions during live streams."

- Further progress on the damage. Good to hear.

- Sub-resistance types. Well that explains why Grineer are noted to have Ferrite armor. Allready wondered about that.

- Infested changes. I'm with those who hope that there will still be a "quaratined" sector in which the Infested are permanently locatable.

- Saryn. Good to hear.

- Ember. Looking forward.

- Paladin. I can't point out exactly but the guy heavily reminds me to Volt. Like they are of similar design origin. Definetly a more elegant design compared to the more bulky Rhino and more pragmatic Excalibur. His arms looks very twigy though. So ability wise he is a mix between Excal and Trinity?

- Darvo alert. Kind of hoping we can get one with a Grineer handler aswell.

- New Melee: Hope this one works out I bet it will take several tweaks, but that sounds promosing. Hopefully you will also ramp up their damage to balance the high DPS of guns. Also have Block actualy negate enough damage to make it possible to charge at enemies in melee.

- New hud. Looks promising. A bit weird that it looks like it bends on a visor when we see our characters from the back. Also health and shield should be far more visible and easier to seperate. I hope the new one includes a bar that shows your power duration and isn't overly large when playing on lower settings.

- Jungle set. More variation is always cool. Interesting that the green glow that comes from Earth might not be toxic remains as some suspected but a mutated mega jungle.

- Player created weapons making it ingame? Well there is some good stuff that could be a nice addition.

- You should give new players the option to see the tutorial videos and codex parts before they even have to choose their Warframe.

- Brakk. I really have to test it again.

- EXP changes. Really hope you guys can find the right way to improve it.

- Vay Hek. Holy crap. Wasn't Ruk supposed to be the Grineer who hated flesh as a weakness and had the most heavily cybernetic augmentated body? Looks like Hek liked to go one step further. Makes me wonder about how much "changed" the Sisters might be. His boss fight sounds really interesting. I just hope not too many will complain because he is too easy to kill with their super charged brakks because he is the THIRD boss new players will encounter.

- Proc chance increase. Maybe you should change them to straight increases, like adding 10% to overall proc chance rather than increasing the base value by 10%.

- My condolence.

Sorry for your loss, DE.

When you were talking about the Melee changes it got me thinking - if you have achieved mastery in any of the melee weapons, you will have unlocked all the moves associated with it. However, I see problem; when you forma the weapon it goes back to unranked, but you dont get any more mastery for it for leveling - are you saying that we would loose all the moves again - until we get it ranked up?

Also, can those people with high mastery get some form of benefit - as currently we dont have anything at all. You can have someone with a low mastery level be the same as you when you have been playing for like 600+ hours.

Firstly my sincere condolences to Brian's family and his friends and co-workers. Surely he'll be missed both as a great artist and as a great person, as mentioned by some of the Devs. Rest in peace Brian.

Thank you to the devs for taking the time to do this livestream and showing off some of the assets that are being developed. It's been a long year filled with many exciting changes with benefits that have outweighed the conflicts. I'd like to wish all the Digital Extreme staff members and all the fans/playerbase of Warframe a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year for everyone and also for Warframe. God Bless!

Thanks.

Just finished watching vod.

RIP in peace Brian sir.

*hugs Geoff*  

So sad T___T 

I'll try to throttle the prickly remarks in forum posts from now on.  Sometimes you play the game and certain aspects gets you so riled up, you kind of forget the real, passionate people behind the whole thing.