Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Mechanics

Vultor

Hi guys,

My biggest concern so far is the most annoying thing in Warframe: using a forma on a weapon (or frame) and having to level it again... so boring

I beg you DEs, please remove the lvl reduction!

It annoyed me since the beginning and with the new Damage 2.0 I want to try so many new weapons but it feels soooooooo boring to lvl them many many times and it takes soooooooo long. And sometimes just when you achieved a very good weapon (5 formas) the Evil DEs nerf it to the ground... Acrid :'-( Brakk :'-( Fragor :'-(

I won't buy any more plat until it is fixed.

P.S. I played more than 600hrs

Its called balance. The game would x10 easier than it is now if the level wasnt reset when using forma.

If it bothers you that much, then stop following the crowd and formaing the "good" weapons that everyone else uses or considers good. Forma only those weapons that you really like to use (aside from the starting weapons). Every weapon has its pros and cons, find the one you like best and forma it.

I've mentioned this in my "Let Forma give extra mod slots" thread in Gameplay, and I'll mention it here.

If there were no level reset with Forma, it would allow players with a stockpile of Forma to instantly take a weapon with no polarity slots to having ALL polarity slots instantly. That's what's unbalancing, and why I can't agree with relaxing the penalty for using Forma.

this thread makes one thing abundantly clear, there is no good argument 4 y forma resets the level of gear

all it is, is a timesink grind

no balance, just grind, use forma and now to realize its potential, sink more time grinding

forma should be more expensive to craft and remove the level reset upon use, it already requires gear to reach 30 first

Forma should stay as it is. i would think about increasing the 'penalty' for applying Forma actually, but not reducing it.

if you find it too boring to play the game after using a Forma on a piece of equipment, i think you should have spent that Forma on a piece of equipment you actually enjoy using, not the 'hip' equipment.

Warframe provides little challenge to the user as is, we don't need to remove more of it. we'll have no game left in our game.

no balance, just grind, use forma and now to realize its potential, sink more time grinding

forma should be more expensive to craft and remove the level reset upon use, it already requires gear to reach 30 first

the level reset IS the balance.
Forma is better than fair for the player, considering what they can do, and the return on the exponential power you get from using them.

you want to change it to the crafting cost instead of releveling? okay, we can make it cost 50,000Cr to craft, and cost 5 of each Rare Resource. 
and it can take 48 hours to craft. 

yeah, i don't like moving the balance into the Foundry either. it's infinitely less engaging. 
and you can't say increasing the Foundry costs is excessive. because it really isn't, that's about a few hours of gameplay time. where as releveling equipment is about a few hours of gameplay time. at worst. 

Forma was an iffy thing to add to the game as it is. business excellence, but ultimately not the healthiest thing for the game.
Edited by taiiat

On 2013-12-15 at 12:29 AM, Valafor said:

Oh QQ more. Power comes with a cost. potentially turning a good weapon into a god weapon should be costly.

Yea..... I don't know, because it takes a whole day just to craft a forma.

So in order to forma something 5 times, I need to wait AND grind for 5 days.

Furthermore, a future without good ol' eris makes farming a real $#*(@.

Edited by Kripnex

Even if it is not removed, I would just prefer another "penalty" although the idea of having a penalty after the efforts to find/buy  the forma and the efforts to lvl up the weapons... :-?

This penalty is just boring... not challenging at all or even interesting

And I enjoy every weapon I forma, don't assume I do what you do...

this thread makes one thing abundantly clear, there is no good argument 4 y forma resets the level of gear

all it is, is a timesink grind

+1000

ppl keep talking about removing "challenge"

removing timesinks and grind is NOT removing challenge, unless you think mindlessly grinding survival/endless defense for hours on end is challenging

Warframe needs MORE challenge and LESS timesink/grind

the problem currently is that after you have ranked everything to 30 and filled out the codex, there is not much else left in Warframe, the game is far to static

even the invasions/alerts are not dynamic enough (they have little to no impact besides which faction controls a node)

what Warframe DESPERATELY needs:

1 - better enemy AI (in the works/coming soon)

2 - more units for each faction (im sure its in the works, but taking a LONG time, too long), 2x more units each faction

3 - planetary systems need a less random assortment of what units are where (ie stupid that electric crawlers were only on like 2 nodes in Eris, of course gone now, but whatevs)

4 - vastly improved melee combat system (coming soon)

5 - vastly improved parkour/movement system (some great threads about this, no livestream word however)

6 - more integrated dojo features, dojo should be able to serve as the main starchart menu for ppl in clans

7 - continue to improve frontend features like chat, ui options, etc

I agree with some of you that Warframe does need some improvements still, but I can't agree with being able to immediately drop 8 Forma into a weapon the instant it hits 30, whether they're more expensive to craft or not, whether it costs credits to do or not. I see that as being far too easy to abuse, and would lead to some ugly imbalance between players.

This would be awesome.

The day a new weapon comes out I could drop 6-7 forma in it, go speed kill Kril, post the video on Youtube, and watch the forums explode with cries of 'NERF THE LATEST WEAPON!!'

Your definition of 'awesome' may well be different than mine.