The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can Gtx 765M Handle Warframe Max All

kenrockman

Hi, i just bought a MSI GS70 Stealth, and i install Warframe, put on setting to max Res Everything ON

BUT when i play it feel jitter or laggy, i don't even know . It make my head go dizzy from time to time.

However, when i turn OFF everything and just Max RES, i feel fine and no jitter at all.

My question is Can this laptop(graphic card) play Warframe with MAX everything at 1920x1080 RES

OR IT just my eyes that need to adjust to that amount of detail( i feel sick after playing for 30 mins)

Also FPS 60 MS 13 / Lastest Graphic Driver/ The rest i don't want to upgrade it since a lots of people complain about new driver errors.

I am going to try to record it and show to you guys what i see later

Thanks

Warframe lacks optimization for higher end machines as well as it lacks for lower end ones. I don't know if it answers your question. (I would be satisfied with the answer if I asked the same question :D )

EDIT:

to be honest when you open settings like bloom and motion blur it feels like a fairy tale and I like it more when only m. blur is open and a couple of things along. Just try everything and see how it works for your eyes. Another different perspective I have among all the pc players I hate anti-aliasing.

Edited by thecolin-

Most laptops with Nvidia cards have an integrated card as well. Make sure through the Nvidia control panel that Warframe is set to run on the Nvidia GPU.

Also some of the more advanced settings (i.e. Tesselation and PhysX Effects) are pretty intensive on your hardware, so disabling those two things will probably get you quite a boost to performance.

I mean, if I can run the game steady at around 35~40 frames per second on a GeForce 640M GT (not even a GTX) with most things turned on, then a 765M GTX should be able to handle the game with absolutely no problem at all.

Also, be wary of the latest R331 drivers, they're apparently making Warframe users crash with the 64-bit option enabled.

I have a laptop with GeForce GT 555M and I can play on max without any issues, but I do play in 1280x720 instead of 1920x1080.

That sickness can come from motion blur and Depth of Field. I know I got severe headaches when those two options was enabled together.

All in all not on highest settings but on high settings, which allmost look like highest

I got a 760M and it works great for me.

Its not all maximised, i deactivated some less important settings.

I set shadow quality to medium and  deactivated depth of Field.

Also i run it at 32 Bit mod without directx 11, which had caused lagging as Hell. 

As I said, with thease settings it works fine for me, the graphics are amazing, with motion blur, reflections and physix as well and the performence is good, its not perffect of cause. There are some little, and very short lags when using abilitys like Rhino stomp or radial jevelin, nothing that would ruin the experience.

hope that helps you.

Warframe lacks optimization for higher end machines as well as it lacks for lower end ones. I don't know if it answers your question. (I would be satisfied with the answer if I asked the same question :D )

EDIT:

to be honest when you open settings like bloom and motion blur it feels like a fairy tale and I like it more when only m. blur is open and a couple of things along. Just try everything and see how it works for your eyes. Another different perspective I have among all the pc players I hate anti-aliasing.

TBHN, i love turn on blur and all that / The very reason i play this game is because of that fairy tales feeling lol

Most laptops with Nvidia cards have an integrated card as well. Make sure through the Nvidia control panel that Warframe is set to run on the Nvidia GPU.

Also some of the more advanced settings (i.e. Tesselation and PhysX Effects) are pretty intensive on your hardware, so disabling those two things will probably get you quite a boost to performance.

I mean, if I can run the game steady at around 35~40 frames per second on a GeForce 640M GT (not even a GTX) with most things turned on, then a 765M GTX should be able to handle the game with absolutely no problem at all.

Also, be wary of the latest R331 drivers, they're apparently making Warframe users crash with the 64-bit option enabled.

This laptop, When every i play game and plug in charge, it automatically change to Nvidia Graphic and i am sure off it. On last post You did told me about PhysX Effects and i was aware of it ( didnt Turn on) 

Mine run around 60 frames per second as well. and yea luckily i dont use it in 64( saw a topic about it and didnt want to change to 64)

I have a laptop with GeForce GT 555M and I can play on max without any issues, but I do play in 1280x720 instead of 1920x1080.

That sickness can come from motion blur and Depth of Field. I know I got severe headaches when those two options was enabled together.

OMG that feeling blur and Depth of Field. I was wondering if that is the reason the game feel laggy to me as well. Not sure yet!

Youtube: Windows record: It was a little bit less lag or no lag at all. on both On/Off modes/ For some reason i cant record it in Fullwindows modes on Actions Recorder

Edit: Weird, when i record it and watch replay there was no lag at all After i upload it . The video on youtube is lag as heck.

Note: the first setting was less laggy than the second setting still. I have no ideas why ...

Edited by kenrockman

Since Action Record did not take my full screen mode. I decide to use Fraps. When i run on Frap, i found out something stranges. While on Frap mode (recording) my gaming suddenly become a lots smooth like really fast and no lagg at all. However, frap OFF, My lag start again. After a lots of try, it lead me to one conclusion( more like opinion) . The game did not automatic change to Nvidia graphic when i start/play game. It seem like Fraps was able to kick Nividia in for some strange reason although. MY question NOW: How do i switch to NVDIA GRAPHICS WHEN I want to play ?

EDIT again : After i learn how to switch to NVDIA GRAPHIC: it seem to have the same problem.

I still dont understand how when i run frap Nvdia graphic run smooth like WOW When Frap  OFF it run super laggy.

I GIVE UP! PLEASE SOME EXPERTS HELP ME

EDIT 2: AFter FEW hours of trying all method and Google search i found nothing related to this laptop problem. However,  While i was checking everything on Display mode: I SAW VSNYC IS "AUTO". I had my suspicious and try to do it manually. When i turn Vsnyc off it Stop lagging. I was so freaking happy. Still, Do i need V-Snyc for anything ? What is it ?

Frap- Seem to not able to use V-Snyc as well, and i guess this is the only reason that it would run so well with frap on much to my surprise.

Edited by kenrockman

V-Sync caps the frames per second at your monitors refresh rate. For most computers, this is 60fps. In a more advanced way, it also prevents screen tearing. This means that if your fps went below 60, then it would cap it at 30, because that makes your monitor stay clear. Hard to explain, here's a more detailed description: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593

Alot of people including me do not have issues at all with the latest R331 nvidia drivers. It is seriously worth installing, if it does crash then simply install an older version again :)

Also FPS 60 MS 13 

ah, there's your problem. 

your frame draw time is double what it's supposed to be.

which causes input lag. this can make the game feel weird. (among other potential culprits, Motion Blur and Depth of Field are common ones, as forementioned - especially since we don't have intensity sliders for them yet)

i recommend switching between VSync on and off, and see which one you prefer. one of the directions for your specific hardware setup and eyes should greatly help with the problem.

oddly enough, i normally hate VSync, but for Warframe, if i have it off, my framerate is in the mid 100's, but the game is stuttery as hell. but having VSync on, it's perfectly fine.

setting a framerate cap of 60 without using VSync doesn't work for me either. it's peculiar.

Edited by taiiat

Going to be honest, my frame time is 26. and I have 60 fps. Is there something wrong?

yes. the frame draw time should be ~5ms. for a 60Hz display.

any higher, and you're starting to get Input Lag(if it gets high enough) - which may or may not be the issue that's being talked about, but it's a potential culprit.

it's not an issue everyone will notice though, some people just don't feel it. i notice Input Lag almost as soon as it appears. 

which is one reason that several hundred FPS can actually be a good thing - because your frame draw time will be as low as possible, because frames are pushed out as fast as possible, rather than waiting a certain number of Milliseconds before drawing another frame.

Edited by taiiat

yes. the frame draw time should be ~5ms. for a 60Hz display.

any higher, and you're starting to get Input Lag(if it gets high enough) - which may or may not be the issue that's being talked about, but it's a potential culprit.

it's not an issue everyone will notice though, some people just don't feel it. i notice Input Lag almost as soon as it appears. 

which is one reason that several hundred FPS can actually be a good thing - because your frame draw time will be as low as possible, because frames are pushed out as fast as possible, rather than waiting a certain number of Milliseconds before drawing another frame.

Hmmm... Any idea on what would be causing my high frame time? I run with Vsync off, and get on average 50-60 frames.

the frame draw time is how long it takes for you to draw the frame. 

not to sound elitist or anything - but the only way you can reliably speed up the frame draw time - would be to have more horsepower.

unless some of your settings on your system, background software, etc - are holding you back, but i can't know that, it's not my computer.

Honestly that's what I expected to hear. I have a 4 year old iMac with windows on it, so not surprised. And for some reason apple put a mobile GPU in this xD

I run nothing but windows, steam, and the logitech software for my g600. And of course warframe. So it's definitely my GPU. I know it's not anything else, as an i3 + 4gb RAM is plenty sufficient to run this. (Plus my gpu is a 4670m lol)