Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Weapon...

Bluewolff

As far as I know Burston is old Grineer tech. Since they were the Grineer's primary weapon in the old Dark Sector trailer. Burston doesn't fit any faction atm though since it's model is fairly outdated in comparision to the themes of the current factions. Well yea. Since it's Grineer tech I doubt it will have a Prime version unless it would be a heavily modified with Orokin tech, Grineer weapon. (Like the Seer, which was based of the Kraken but heavily modified.)

Edited by R3leaZ

As far as I know Burston is old Grineer tech. Since they were the Grineer's primary weapon in the old Dark Sector trailer. Burston doesn't fit any faction atm though since it's model is fairly outdated in comparision to the themes of the current factions. Well yea. Since it's Grineer tech I doubt it will have a Prime version unless it would be a heavily modified with Orokin tech, Grineer weapon. (Like the Seer, which was based of the Kraken but heavily modified.)

Braton is corpus tech in case you haven't noticed.

Braton is corpus tech in case you haven't noticed.

Braton is a reverse engineered Orokin weapon. Corpus reverse engineered the Orokin counterpart and made their own version out of it. I play since February and have been active on the forums since April so, I'm fairly familiar with the game.

Edited by R3leaZ

Braton is a reverse engineered Orokin weapon. Corpus reverse engineered the Orokin counterpart and made their own version out of it. I play since February and have been active on the forums since April so, I'm fairly familiar with the game.

And it could be the same thing with the burston. Reverse-engineered by corpus, then sold to grineers(well now grineers dont use it, so that is a bit unclear) or reverse-engineered by grineers(but can they do that? Im not sure)

The design doesnt look like its pure grineer design anyway.

P.S. i think i saw you in the wiki comments lots of time xD Nice to see you on the forums too xD

Edited by Post_Scriptum

And it could be the same thing with the burston. Reverse-engineered by corpus, then sold to grineers(well now grineers dont use it, so that is a bit unclear) or reverse-engineered by grineers(but can they do that? Im not sure)

The design doesnt look like its pure grineer design anyway.

P.S. i think i saw you in the wiki comments lots of time xD Nice to see you on the forums too xD

I'm fairly inactive on the forums. Well more than I used to be. I used to be a hell of a lot more active here xD I love to help the game grow so I often report various issues related to the game and giving my opinion about stuff and discussing about lore xD.

what about the sicarus. it used to be a grineer weapon and there is a prime version of it

Both braton and sicarus are not grineer. They were reverse engineered by the corpus, and then acquired by the tenno. The only reason grineer used them in the early versions was because there weren't any grineer guns to have them use.

As far as a Burston prime? maybe.... But I doubt it. We already have the Braton Prime

As far as multiple fire modes? No. That just makes it  a different gun. The point of a burst fire gun is that it does more damage with less firerate.

Both braton and sicarus are not grineer. They were reverse engineered by the corpus, and then acquired by the tenno. The only reason grineer used them in the early versions was because there weren't any grineer guns to have them use.

As far as a Burston prime? maybe.... But I doubt it. We already have the Braton Prime

As far as multiple fire modes? No. That just makes it  a different gun. The point of a burst fire gun is that it does more damage with less firerate.

Hm....then why did shield lancers use sicarus for so long, even after viper(and the twim viper) came out? The grineers couldve imported the guns and used them xD and imo having a similar weapon doesnt excuse not making a prime version. Maybe it will go in the 'low priority over other primes' category, but scrapping it.....

Also its a different weapon. Its a burst-fire weapon after all.

Sicarus isn't reverse engineered Corpus tech. Look at the old concept of the Sicarus for example. It had Tenno markings on it thus it was a Tenno weapon, more reason why it has a Prime counterpart. (Even the current version has subtle Tenno markings on it) Your last sentence btw, iirc DE confirmed that they will implemented weapons having multiple fire modes, it was in one of their livestreams.

Just the same thing applies to the Sicarus as to the Burston. The model is fairly outdated and doesn't really fit any faction because of that.

Edited by R3leaZ

I'd really love a viable burst fire weapon for endgame!!

Let it be a Burston Prime or a whole new weapon with burst fire.

If i'm not mistaken Letter13 in a thread wrote that "he doesnt know anything but... there could be news on that side"

I really hope he was right...

I'd really love a viable burst fire weapon for endgame!!

Let it be a Burston Prime or a whole new weapon with burst fire.

If i'm not mistaken Letter13 in a thread wrote that "he doesnt know anything but... there could be news on that side"

I really hope he was right...

Hind wraith xD or kraken wraith xD

Added on wishlist successfully.

The whole area of Burston lore is weird. Doesn't it have a Corpus logo on it, despite being the main Grineer battle rifle?

The whole area of Burston lore is weird. Doesn't it have a Corpus logo on it, despite being the main Grineer battle rifle?

It has no logo at all on it lol. Where do you see this logo? The Braton in contrast has this giant Corpus logo on the side.

Aye, t'was the Braton. Really weird, that. Especially since it has a Prime, and every Tenno starts with a regular version.

Corpus sell the weapon to the Tenno. They are a faction who always go after profit remember? Pretty much everything they have are sold to random people. They are like gun merchants supplying factions with weapons to fight wars doesn't matter which side they just do it for the profit.

Aye, but the Tenno supposedly froze themselves after the collapse of the Orokin empire. The Grineer and Corpus both emerged from that event. Yet they awake with a Mk1 Braton, Lato and a Skana at their side.

So unless the Lotus goes around putting a fresh Braton in the hands of every sleeping Tenno like some sort of Santa...

Edited by Brimir

Bluewolff, on 15 Dec 2013 - 3:19 PM, said:

there are 2 things i would love for Burston:

1) a Burston Prime!

2) Burston need 3 different fire modes, Single, burst and full auto.

would really love that, like a real weapon

First Burston is not Orokin or Tenno based, it's either ancient Grineer technology or is a weapon created by one of the neutral factions the Devs repeatly fail to make more notable in the actual game (we only have Steve's word for them to exist at all). Same goes for the Lex.

No Prime version possbile.

Of course that's because they are from the oldest builds (Burston and Lato are the oldest weapon concepts in the entire game, going back to the Dark Sector concept trailer) of the game.

Second. Steve mentiod weapon firing modes in the developers workshop, so perhaps there is a possebility.

Brimir, on 16 Dec 2013 - 3:55 PM, said:

Aye, but the Tenno supposedly froze themselves after the collapse of the Orokin empire. The Grineer and Corpus both emerged from that event. Yet they awake with a Mk1 Braton, Lato and a Skana at their side.

So unless the Lotus goes around putting a fresh Braton in the hands of every sleeping Tenno like some sort of Santa...

The Turtorial is still kind of a mess. Especialy with cutting off just when Vor attacks you out of nowhere and you are forced to select a Warframe with little info.

I hope they will expand the tutorial more and make it all more understandable.

My idea would be:

- Replace Excalibur with a "Proto-Warframe" simply named Crysalis, a somewhat androgyn and featureless looking Warframe (could also replace the placeholder body in the cryo pods we defend) that is simply designed to protect a Tenno during cryo sleep.

- After falling out of the pod, it should stumble around awkwardly while Lotus explains the controlls.

- After a few stumbling moves, you will be tasked to go into the middle of the room where the Skana is stuck in the ground (implied to be yours).

- After a cutscene of Crysalis pulling it out you get the melee tutorial. Instead of Grineer it's against ghostly shapes resembling the Stalker (fitting his bio as an Orokin soldier). Meant to represent the faded memories of the old time you recover.

- Once that is done Lotus remarks that you need a gun, because "they" are comming. So you are lead near the portal where a Lato is lying on a table.

- After once again killing "ghosts" to show how the gun combat works, the portal opens and leads you outside. If you look carefull on the ground you can see a broken Braton Prime (implied to have been tossed away by you).

- Behind the portal there is a short cutscene of Crysalis observing the ruined exterior of the Cryo Vault. There are also a few bodies of "neutral" explorers (wearing space suits). Crysalis picks up a Braton Mk1 from one of them.

- After this comes a short movement tutorial for wall running, running up walls and sliding.

- Then you have your first encounter with Grineer who are shown killing off the previous explorers (explaining the corpses on gate).

- Lotus afterwards remarks that given the circumstances you should use Crysalis cryo protection system as offense, giving you access to an ability called "Stasis Blast" that slows down enemies for a short while.

- After fighting through them you encounter Vor who can't kill you (it's said he plays with you) and is only level 1. When you drop his health to 50% he will use his key and take you out.

- This would be followed by a cutscene of Vor about to capture you when a Loki, Mag and Excal show up driving away Vor and carrying you to a door.

- Then we could get a short video of Lotus explaining the three enemy factions, followed by telling you that you lost your memories and have to recover them to get back to full strength. Then you get to chose between the 3 Warframes you just saw in action (giving a better clue on how they function).

Edited by Othergrunty

That is actually quite true xD I doubt the Bratons would have been made prior to the collapse of the Orokin Empire... Though maybe that's the reason why there is an MK1-Braton. Like with weapons we have irl. M16 --> M16A4. With the A4 being the fourth generation of the rifle. The standard Braton could be a newer model based on the old weapon. Who says there weren't MK2s and MK3s? Maybe we just have the MK1 since it was the most reliable back then.