Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Wars: A Simple Idea

Kashiki

NOTE BEFORE READING:

There seems to be some misunderstanding here, so let me clarify these points.

• I am NOT asking DE to add a new system.
  • Clan Wars is a player-based idea. players get together with other players to host the events. No special updates, no changes or additions, none of that. Just a good old fashioned tournament.
  • I am NOT talking about conclave. I'm talking about clan-to-clan dueling. Once conclave gets a universal spectator feature, then we'll be in business. If it already has one, boo-yah.
  • This was more of an interest check, to see how it would go.

This is an idea I have. It has most definitely been discussed in the past, but I will put it out there. Try not to flame, and provide feedback, as I would love to keep the thread a living and breathing thing.

While playing a bunch of games, including Pokemon and NBA 2K, I was looking around Warframe and watching the threads. Needless to say, I'm happy that our community is bustling enough to have it's own separate sections with people who think and act differently. Hell, we have memes now; I love it. Ever since I join in CB, I've always loved this little universe that DE has crafted for us.

So, I wanted to propose something: a league of sorts: Clan Wars, because I could not come up with a better name for it.

What It Is...

Clan Wars is an experimental idea. It is a league, composed of a series of tournaments between clans that are held by warlords in Dojos. Clan Wars is fought to see who is the best of the best out of each dojo, promoting not only communication between Tenno, but competition outside of the Conclave area. As Tenno, a very combat-oriented species, a test of skill between two clans are good ways to become better at the game and provide some excitement for those within.

How It Could Operate...

Clan Wars operates on a ladder system. The process is simple.

• Register your clan for the ladder tournaments. Rules for the tournament will be stated.
  • Two clans will be matched with one another, and their matches will be scheduled. 

• A clan will host the dojo where the opposing clans will meet.

• Matches will begin.

• The winning clan advances, while the losing clan is eliminated.

Of course, this is only a work in progress. However, the system is simple enough.

Scheduling & Player Participation

Scheduling a tournament does not mean that it is all done in a single day. Tournaments can last for any amount of days/weeks, so long as it is finished in a timely fashion. Matches can be done daily or bi-daily, even longer if people have work/school/lives. However, there should be a few rules addressing this: these include participation and schedule strictness.

The number of players on each side must be equal. This is to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity. Beyond this, strength is dependent on the individual. Rules can be made to make things more fair, but at base, this would be the consensus.

Again, I would hope for this to be a living and breathing topic; still a work-in-progress. Please, no disparaging remarks; constructive criticism works just as well. If you don't think it'll work, no need to make a post saying that it won't - it's easy to leave the topic or post something to possibly make it work.

Other than that... happy discussion? I will be editing this over time as discussion takes place.

Edited by Kashiki

Again, no need for this. Why don't you post something constructive instead? It would be greatly appreciated.

I read this 3 times, hoping to discover an interesting way for clan fights. All I understood was you'd like organised PVP between clans... the PVE is quite stuffed at the moment, and I would think the majority of the player base would want DE to decide on their design direction for PVE first.

I read this 3 times, hoping to discover an interesting way for clan fights. All I understood was you'd like organised PVP between clans... the PVE is quite stuffed at the moment, and I would think the majority of the player base would want DE to decide on their design direction for PVE first.

This is a work in progress. That's why I said that I will be editing it heavily. I knew people would be a bit skeptical, so why not introduce some ways to make it exciting? I'm here to help discuss.

What problems do you have in particular about the idea? We could address it now and get the ball rolling.

Two points of my opinion on this idea.

First, I want them to fix Conclaves first before attempting more PvP content. Clans can already organize themselves around Conclaves if they really want to duke it out with another clan; wouldn't be that hard to put that together without the need for an entirely new and therefore arbitrary system to build. 

Second, DE has expressed interest in doing a clan vs clan system of invasions - where each clan participates in invasions against each other in order to tip the faction scale in one direct or the other. I want to see how this system will be looked into before we go straight to a clan vs clan bout tournament.

In other words... no. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

How about.

No PvP, makes for a terrible community. Look at BLR, CoD, PlanetSide 2.

Cod is a horrible example it's a twitch shooter whose main audience are 12 year olds. It's not pvp it's the maturity of the user, if this community is filled with 12 year olds then yeah it'd be cod2.0, but hey if you wish to compare this community to that one go for it. As for the OP my clan has talked about this for a while and we agree with you. It would be nice or atleast have a game mode with stalkers (they don't drop anything) for survival and defense missions. Edited by (PS4)DarkTemplar6969

How about.

Planetside 2 has nothing from what it was...mere shadow of fortold awesomeness. The whining the complaining. too much to deal with...lets keep the game simple and  fun honestly. Yea, new ideas are cool but PvP oriented makes alot of babies in games today....no real gamers...communities suck in planetside 2 rrrr grinding teeth on Flux Rifle....

First, I want them to fix Conclaves first before attempting more PvP content. Clans can already organize themselves around Conclaves if they really want to duke it out with another clan; wouldn't be that hard to put that together without the need for an entirely new and therefore arbitrary system to build. 

Second, DE has expressed interest in doing a clan vs clan system of invasions - where each clan participates in invasions against each other in order to tip the faction scale in one direct or the other. I want to see how this system will be looked into before we go straight to a clan vs clan bout tournament.

In other words... no. 

This however is interesting....i would like to see this SAMPLED thats it....if we have whiners...then I always say no...

How about.

Those are case-by-case bases, and you know it. It's not PvP, it's those who are within PvP.

In other words... no. 

I have nothing to say on your second point, as there is no need to. However, talking about your first; this is why I said dojo, since Conclaves can't be spectated.

Decision is respected and duly noted. However, this will still be discussed. Thank you for expressing your opinion thoughtfully, though.

Cod is a horrible example it's a twitch shooter whose main audience are 12 year olds. It's not pvp it's the maturity of the user, if this community is filled with 12 year olds then yeah it'd be cod2.0, but hey if you wish to compare this community to that one go for it. As for the OP my clan has talked about this for a while and we agree with you. It would be nice or atleast have a game mode with stalkers (they don't drop anything) for survival and defense missions.

Stalkers is going a bit far there. That wouldn't be too enjoyable with a bunch of Despair throwing maniacs running around, haha.

Planetside 2 has nothing from what it was...mere shadow of fortold awesomeness. The whining the complaining. too much to deal with...lets keep the game simple and  fun honestly. Yea, new ideas are cool but PvP oriented makes alot of babies in games today....no real gamers...communities suck in planetside 2 rrrr grinding teeth on Flux Rifle....

This however is interesting....i would like to see this SAMPLED thats it....if we have whiners...then I always say no...

Thank you for giving it a chance.

Edited by Kashiki

The main problem I see with this is that there is absolutely no reason to run anything other than Rhino/Strun Wraith/Brakk/Galatine.  That is literally all you would see.  In addition it would invalidate certain frames, i.e. there is no reason to take a Nova to conclave, no reason to take a Nyx, etc.  It would be horribly unbalanced.

My problem is that people these days are so sensitive that they cannot take their defeat with some pride. They resort to complaining, flaming, etc. You get the idea. I still play PVP games to see how well I can play against other players, and get a laugh out of the ones that likes to complain. But about Clan Wars, they should really focus on perfecting the Conclave systems before they move deeper into PVP stuff. 

Having proper team-based PVP would only emphasise further the imbalance between Warframes in PVP. When designed for a PVE scenario, the powers tend not to translate well into PVP unless changed drastically.

I'm not big on PVP and tend only to use the Duel Arena on rare occasions just to test how powerful we have formad a weapon.

Personally, I would only condone PVP on one of two conditions :

1. DE make PVP-only warframes. Warframes designed specifically for PVP and therefore balanced in that respect and therefore PVP would be more balanced as a whole because the PVE Warframes would remain PVE only. You could fit this into lore I guess by saying that the PVP only Warframes are the "Training Suits" that the Tenno use to hone their skills against eachother before donning one of the "Elite suits" (PVE suits). BUT, this requires resources to be dedicated solely to PVP, which I am against. So a double-edged sword here.

2. Similar to what DJRedwire said, have it being more PVE/PVP style. So two clans can actively decide to "go to war" against eachother and establish a Victory prize. The Victory prize could be drawn from the clan Vault and could be any number of resources or credits. This causes invasion missions to appear in the Clan Dojo only (maybe a new room required for Clan Missions), that all clan members can participate in squads or not. Then the invasion missions would be one clan invading the other with mobs helping, you get points for winning the invasion and however many people are in the squad etc. The clan that wins the overall war gets the Victory prize from the other clan's vault.

Starting PvP thread? And you hope you wont be stomped?

I dont care about PvP, if DE decides that it will be implemented, then it will be implemented. Clan vs Clan is horrible idea lore wise and hosting wise. DE needs to fix Conclaves first, but imo that isnt going to happen anytime soon. Because they dont make money from gameplay, they make money from shiny new content.

This thread will soon become another flamewar with OP being stomped by community.

I think this would be a nice addition. It's fairly easy to implement, since it doesn't require redoing a bunch of mechanics or producing new content or the like, so it can easily be slipped into an update without taking too many precious resources from making the more-important PvE part of the game.

Case-by-case bases.

So, decrypt that for me.

Excuse me, basis. And, those game modes are played by people who are hyper-competitive. There are plenty of communities with PvP capabilities that are not insulting - you picked the most well known. Saying that PvP ruins a game community is just a generalization. It's not the game mode, it's the individual. If the majority accepted their defeat with honor, there wouldn't be that much clashing of the egos. Of course this isn't reality, but don't pretend that it is the fault of the game. People find reasons to be toxic.

So, before you relay your observations, remember that it is the people, not the game mode. Cold cynics don't help better the situation, they add to it by being sardonic and generally unfriendly.

The main problem I see with this is that there is absolutely no reason to run anything other than Rhino/Strun Wraith/Brakk/Galatine.  That is literally all you would see.  In addition it would invalidate certain frames, i.e. there is no reason to take a Nova to conclave, no reason to take a Nyx, etc.  It would be horribly unbalanced.

Again, there is a reason that rules can be in place. Please read it again.

My problem is that people these days are so sensitive that they cannot take their defeat with some pride. They resort to complaining, flaming, etc. You get the idea. I still play PVP games to see how well I can play against other players, and get a laugh out of the ones that likes to complain. But about Clan Wars, they should really focus on perfecting the Conclave systems before they move deeper into PVP stuff. 

Well, that is the fault of the individual. That doesn't mean that the system could fail.

Having proper team-based PVP would only emphasise further the imbalance between Warframes in PVP. When designed for a PVE scenario, the powers tend not to translate well into PVP unless changed drastically.

I'm not big on PVP and tend only to use the Duel Arena on rare occasions just to test how powerful we have formad a weapon.

Personally, I would only condone PVP on one of two conditions :

1. DE make PVP-only warframes. Warframes designed specifically for PVP and therefore balanced in that respect and therefore PVP would be more balanced as a whole because the PVE Warframes would remain PVE only. You could fit this into lore I guess by saying that the PVP only Warframes are the "Training Suits" that the Tenno use to hone their skills against eachother before donning one of the "Elite suits" (PVE suits). BUT, this requires resources to be dedicated solely to PVP, which I am against. So a double-edged sword here.

2. Similar to what DJRedwire said, have it being more PVE/PVP style. So two clans can actively decide to "go to war" against eachother and establish a Victory prize. The Victory prize could be drawn from the clan Vault and could be any number of resources or credits. This causes invasion missions to appear in the Clan Dojo only (maybe a new room required for Clan Missions), that all clan members can participate in squads or not. Then the invasion missions would be one clan invading the other with mobs helping, you get points for winning the invasion and however many people are in the squad etc. The clan that wins the overall war gets the Victory prize from the other clan's vault.

This isn't what I was talking about, entirely.

Starting PvP thread? And you hope you wont be stomped?

I dont care about PvP, if DE decides that it will be implemented, then it will be implemented. Clan vs Clan is horrible idea lore wise and hosting wise. DE needs to fix Conclaves first, but imo that isnt going to happen anytime soon. Because they dont make money from gameplay, they make money from shiny new content.

This thread will soon become another flamewar with OP being stomped by community.

Getting stomped for stating my opinion? So be it. Why should I fear people over the internet? My opinion stays steadfast.

I think this would be a nice addition. It's fairly easy to implement, since it doesn't require redoing a bunch of mechanics or producing new content or the like, so it can easily be slipped into an update without taking too many precious resources from making the more-important PvE part of the game.

Thank you, but this isn't a game addition... Alright, I need to post this up in the original post, don't I?

People seem to misunderstand the point of this thread, so let me post it up in the original.

Edited by Kashiki

Thank you, but this isn't a game addition... Alright, I need to post this up in the original post, don't I?

People seem to misunderstand the point of this thread, so let me post it up in the original.

Ah, I misinterpreted that completely. I thought you were suggesting an in-game Clan Tournament system, with organized battles and the like. XD

Ah, I misinterpreted that completely. I thought you were suggesting an in-game Clan Tournament system, with organized battles and the like. XD

No no. Hell no, I would hate that. I just want us, as community members, to be able to do it of our own volition. I already know how people feel about PvP. This is simply a way to band us together, get some structure, and encourage players to interact instead of fight one another. We can change the game's PvP dynamic indirectly if we just try. 

Sounds kumbaya, but you know...

Edited by Kashiki

• 4 weeks later...

The community is already ruined and this not depend on pvp or pve game style if a game dead then that make peoples sad and angry and they want to make the game more interesting. Simply thing and this idea is sounds fair. Improving the pvp in game and try to add more pve/pvp events and fan maded tournaments wont kill the game just can make friends in game and foes depending how you accept if you lose in a duel. All pvp hater say all the time go out and find other game. well this is a common phrase and not so logical. In this game if the devs will take more time to revise the system then they can add more chance to fun each or other depend on what you like more in game. I think that any idea better than what have now and the devs just giving now some copy-paste content which just improve the numbers and deteroid the qualities. They can't keep the peoples in this game with pve for long time because all is just grinding and this game not deserved a quick death so need some idea how to keep the interest. I hope someday they can split the two game mode with option to switch what do you want actual. 

Ps: All forums and all multiplayer game community is almost the same because the peoples have own ideas which likely or not likely to others.