Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Needs To Be A Multislash Mod!

2Fat2Kill2

For starters... why the F*** not? :P

Anyway, all the other weapon types have multishots so it'd only make sense if they introduced multislash mods too right?
Melee weapons generally are trash at the moment and yet there are so many of them, as Warframe, being a space ninja themed game suggests so. It would help balance the game out more and also make it more well suited and maybe even live up to its theme rather than being gun based as Warframe currently is- most of the melee weapons in the game are pretty much unusable hence why gun play has been dominating. Also, I think DE can get quite creative with this one. I personally think that they could add in special effects for example, having temporary doppelgangers materialise around you and taking, standing on the exact same position but with a different pose to strike the enemy each time you have a multislash occurring.

Let me know what you think of this one and comment away! :D

I can't believe the first thought that came to my mind was "but see, that doesn't make sense."

Then I remembered that we have mods that make bullets magically materialize already, so why the hell not? I'd love a multislash mod.

Edited by Ennokk

How about instead of a multislash mod, melee in general just gets a decent buff? Doubled damage across the board? Perhaps a little bit less on weapons that are already performing exceptionally well? (Galatine, I'm looking at you.) Basically the same thing as a 100% multislash mod without costing mod points. I think mod capacity should be devoted to customizing our weapons, not making them useable.

Some kind of Multi-Attack mod for melee weapons would be cool, but I wouldn't want it if it didn't have some kind of physical representation, since with all the Multishot mods, there's actual extra projectiles that you can see. Maybe a very fast, additional swing in the animation. Or maybe an after-image that follows the swing, or mirrors it or something, or maybe just an effect on the weapon. The thing is, all of those sound difficult to implement.

Anyways, if DE removed the only sniper rifle at the time because it didn't make sense in the lore, they won't add Multiswing mods.

Well, if it simply functioned by turning a normal swing into a fast combo attack then a "multislash" mod would work. Much like how Crono in Crono Trigger would perform 2 slashes every time he crit. Rather then the slash just doing twice the amount of damage.

In the case of dual wield weapons the character could strike with both weapons at once.

Throw in some new animations triggered by the multislash and it could help make the character in melee look like it is performing a dance of death through the enemy.

Instead of adding MORE, how about changing what we have already? As in:

* Pressure Point (and similar mods) now boost ALL melee damage (regular and charged alike)

* Killing Blow (and similar mods) now become the "multislash" mod (working for regular and charged alike).

What does this do?

* Melee mods better streamlined? Check!

* Melee scaling better with its mods? Check!