Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bind Warframe To Steam Economy

PlayKitten

OK, sick of this message popping up after every mission, No, I don't want to bind my warframe account to the steam economy, AT ALL....

I don't trust steam enough to give them my credit card info,  after they had their databases hacked a while ago...

However, I would like the choice to be able to use my G1C from gamers first, which is the way I purchased platinum shortly after opening my account.

Sure, I could click "YES" binding my account to steam and stop the message from appearing, but then I will never be able to purchase platinum again because of my mistrust for the company...

I intend to buy some more platinum though, in the new year when money is not so tight... so how do I get rid of the message without screwing that up????

it got hacked once thats it a while ago, other than that steam is the greatest thing ever(and then theres psn which gets hacked fairly frequently which makes me laugh but idk why i brought psn up oh well) i will always buy a game from steam over anything else and if im not i will still play it through steam there's really no reason to not trust steam in the slightest

Looking into why the pop-up is so frequent. 

Thank you for doing that. I don't mind Steam, but I just don't want to bind my account to it. It would also be nice to be given proper warning before something like this happens, you have a responsibility to inform us of things like these.

it got hacked once thats it a while ago, other than that steam is the greatest thing ever(and then theres psn which gets hacked fairly frequently which makes me laugh but idk why i brought psn up oh well) i will always buy a game from steam over anything else and if im not i will still play it through steam there's really no reason to not trust steam in the slightest

That is all a matter of personal experience.

Games like CoD forcing you to use Steam is what has put me off from it, I do not like to be forced to use such a service.

I dont even know what is that steam economy D:

I did purchase plat several times already, but through the website due to steam being <male reproductive organ> with their USDtoEU conversion ratios.

Edited by mohrad

Can someone explain in detail what does this "binding" involve?

I'm a Steam user and never had any major problem with it but I need to be aware of what I'm doing (or not).

Me too.  I feel completely uninformed in regards to the choice that I am being blindsided with and requested of make.  Is this binding easily reversible?  What is the steam economy, and why must we be bound to it?  Why can we not just be free to use whatever method we wish.

If we are to be asked to make a choice please inform us of what that choice is before asking us to make it.

If we say no are we prohibited from making steam wallet purchases of platinum or not?  I have many questions about this decision.

OK Guys, really did not want to start a steam vs. everything else troll war, just get the message stopped, I wouldn't mind if it was like once, every time I logged in, but not after every mission I complete, that's just irritating.

But YES, steam did have its databases hacked, and since it is the biggest program of it's kind that makes it the first target to be hacked again. Personally I have never given steam my card details, and I probably never will, which is why this is an issue for me. I also wanted to point out that I would like the CHOICE to elect for the use of G1C (gamers 1st credits) for the purchase of platinum, since that is where my account was originally created. I have used that company to buy platinum in the past, as well as some premium items in APB reloaded (which I very rarely play now since Warframe came along).

Thanks for the feedback DEMegan, and merry Christmas to you and everyone at the DE office :)

Edited by PlayKitten

If I understand correctly, then it seems this is beneficial to a lot of you. Back when steam got hacked I looked into it a bit and according to steam it was only the forum side that was hacked. Just because you have steam installed on your computer doesn't necessarily mean you have an account on the forums. Also 'binding to this steam" account sounds like a method to prevent someone else taking your warframe account. (Since steam added the extra security code feature) And don't quote me on this but they may be planning a way to make platinum purchases from the store page more seem less or something. A few greenlight projects have said that they plan to halt purchases on other platforms (such as on the app store for a cross platform program) to route all future payments through steam.

Personally I'm against it, but I have my own qualms with steam. (Also I have more than one steam account. After losing an account to a hacker I prefer to divvy up my purchases...)

No idea if there'd be any cross platform issues with the bind but I'd imagine not, since steam ran a partnership deal with playstation. I'm not intimate with the details as the only playstation device I've ever owned was the PS2, but I had a friend who could play portal 2 on PC/Playstation from one copy (though he unwittingly had already purchased both versions)

Best of luck to you all, hope I helped a bit. (Because I'm going back to looking for a way to permanently say no)

what the heck is this setting? Has it been explained anywhere?

I accidentally clicked yes after exiting a mission (after previously clicking no a thousand times) and I can't find anywhere to undo whatever the heck it did.

I'm not sure if you could play with your Playstation 4 account after this binding, however, binding to STEAM benefits you more as for the hassle of purchasing platinum and getting perks and what not for your Warframe and STEAM account trophies and such.

The hacking from 2011 was a forum side issue and those accounts are not the same as the STEAM client accounts (unless people unwittingly used the same username and password for the forums AND the STEAM client). Currently STEAM is one of the most safest places where your credit card number can be (though I understand your mistrust as I was in that same side 6 years ago). As for now, your STEAM account is as safe as your email binded to it is (because in order to access your STEAM account someone else must also have access to your email to be able to login from a foreign computer - I encourage to have different passwords for games and emails, using capital letters and numbers in a string longer than 8 characters, and sepparate game email addresses from business/family email addresses).

And thanks [DE] for looking into this issue of the panel appearing again and again after clicking NO countless times. It would be fairer for everyone if you explain in fine letters in that same panel what benefits or perks you will get from the binding though as I wasn't sure what I was about to do without doing an internet research to fetch me an answer - or at least explain it on the launcher of the game. Launchers are good to relay information about new things ;)

Edited by TennoHydrangea

I'm on a PC. And I do not want my warframe bound to my steam account. They shoved the dialog in my face a thousand times until i clicked yes accidentally after leaving a mission. I want the binding explained, and the option to remove it. This is ridiculous.

OK. All binding the account to Steam does is give you a market tab in your steam for Warframe. Basically this tab allows you to manage Steam only Warframe items and buy/sell them them in the community market.

Right now it's the Phased Syadana, Vauban, Vastos, Tigris and ???. If you want any of those bind to Steam.

Edited by ValhaHazred

If you guys are wondering why warframe is asking you guys to bind your account to steam it seams there is a steam event for alot of games including warframe if you want to cheek it out here it is i also looked into this because at first i was curious it was asking me to bind my account to steam well anyway heres the site. http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

and for those wondering about if the binding can be undone, DE_Drew PMd me to say "This is currently being looked into. I Don't have any definitive answers yet."

Also DE_Megan wrote:

Warframe is taking part in the Steam Winter Sale rewards.  As a part of these rewards, there are six cosmetic Warframe items you can collect by crafting snow globes.  You can find more information here about the promotion: http://store.steampo...on/snowglobefaq

Since these rewards are tradable and marketable in the Steam Economy, there needs to be a link made between your Steam Account and your Warframe Account.  You may only have one Warframe Account linked to your Steam account for purposes of trading and marketing Steam Economy items.  By answering yes to this question, it allows you to access your Steam Inventory Warframe items in Warframe with the specific account you have linked.

Important to me are the impact of granting DE access to steam inventory; whether the permission requested was a requirement for their steam agreement, or just something they thought they should do; and what the impact of binding a warframe account to one steam account is.

There are a lot of unanswered.