Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Eviscerators' Miters Are Ridiculous

Kyte

I've been playing Corpus side on that europa invasion, so I've been seeing Lv. 17 or so Eviscerators. Rapidfire, high chance of proc, high damage.

They murder me almost instantly. And if they don't, bleed makes sure they get the last laugh. I look at my health going down and realized I was losing 57 HP per second. Another time I was losing 40 HP per second. That is just plain obscene, it will put down literally any frame unless you max out Vitality.

Eviscerators are on paper a great idea as harassment units, but for that they need to do far less damage.

I can agree with that fully.  I've been noticing just how much proc damage the Frontier Eviscerators do, and they're honestly more of a threat than any of the Heavies, apart from maybe the Napalms.  Their ridiculous damage and procs make mockery of shields; when you're more worried about the bleed proc than the already really high damage, something is wrong.

I've been playing Corpus side on that europa invasion, so I've been seeing Lv. 17 or so Eviscerators. Rapidfire, high chance of proc, high damage.

They murder me almost instantly. And if they don't, bleed makes sure they get the last laugh. I look at my health going down and realized I was losing 57 HP per second. Another time I was losing 40 HP per second. That is just plain obscene, it will put down literally any frame unless you max out Vitality.

Eviscerators are on paper a great idea as harassment units, but for that they need to do far less damage.

dont forget they take 50% or so less dmg compare to normal grineer unit

trooper/lancer say take 100 dmg crit soma while eciscerators take only 50 or 60 and heavy gunner take 75.......

better buff the miter to be on par with the eviscerator ones

As enemies level up they can end up with 10 times as much health as a tenno, even more if you count shields or armor. Damage has different meaning to them vs us. A player doing 50 DPS is not really doing that much damage. An enemy doing 50 DPS will murder you in 10 to 40 seconds.

dont forget they take 50% or so less dmg compare to normal grineer unit

trooper/lancer say take 100 dmg crit soma while eciscerators take only 50 or 60 and heavy gunner take 75.......

Yeah their Alloy armor is a pain, but that wouldn't be such a problem if they didn't kill you so fast.

Edited by Kyte

That should go for Tenno AND enemies. If you can deplete shields and overcome armour - in that order - Bleed procs should take place.

That would enormously reduce the usefulness of bleed for Tenno and doesn't fix the fact that Eviscerators' Miters are OP as F***. Bleed DoT is 35% shot damage. So a 40-damage bleed came from a 115-damage blade. At their rate of fire, you're still gonna die.

Edited by Kyte

Bleed procs should only take effect when your shields are down.

This, this, this.

That's kinda what the shields are for in the first place, right? To prevent cuts and scratches to whatever they're protecting? Starting to randomly bleed while your shields are still up is not only bad for gameplay, but also silly by concept.

This, this, this.

That's kinda what the shields are for in the first place, right? To prevent cuts and scratches to whatever they're protecting? Starting to randomly bleed while your shields are still up is not only bad for gameplay, but also silly by concept.

Procs go both ways. It'd make bleed proc useless for players. It's not a major problem if you lose 1 HP per second, or even 5. The problem's that you lose 40-50 damage per second because the shot itself is strong as hell.

Procs go both ways. It'd make bleed proc useless for players. It's not a major problem if you lose 1 HP per second, or even 5. The problem's that you lose 40-50 damage per second because the shot itself is strong as hell.

Nearly every proc is useless as they currently are. Players hardly benefit at all from making enemies bleed or catch fire.

Rebalancing player procs on enemies is a different issue, and should take place after rebalancing enemy procs on players. The latter heavily affects gameplay. The former hardly affects gameplay at all.

Edited by SortaRandom

Nearly every proc is useless as they currently are. Players hardly benefit at all from making enemies bleed or catch fire.

Rebalancing player procs on enemies is a different issue, and should take place after rebalancing enemy procs on players. The latter heavily affects gameplay. The former hardly affects gameplay at all.

Thing is that there's only one mechanic for both sides.

it would be overall better if you couldnt proc bleeding through shields, the only enemies that are reliably shielded are the corpus, who in the case of moas are resistant to slash, and crewman arent really difficult enemies to begin with. armor wouldnt prevent bleed proc, so bleed would still have a use on most enemies. if you want a DoT proc that bypasses shields, there is already poison.

And our mechanic sucks, while the same mechanic is stupidly powerful for enemies. No matter how you look at it, a change is needed.

It wouldn't be so bad if the weapon itself weren't so ridiculously OP, that's the thing. The sawblades already do stupid amounts of damage, bleed is just the cherry on top.

It wouldn't be so bad if the weapon itself weren't so ridiculously OP, that's the thing. The sawblades already do stupid amounts of damage, bleed is just the cherry on top.

Sawblades are fine; they're incredibly easy to dodge as long as you pay attention and can hear the distinctive noises that they make. Getting killed because five of them hit you is fine; getting killed because one of them hits you (bleed procs) is not.