Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Team, Thank You For The Karak

WhiskeyGolf

Karak is missing link in the progress chain. I am glad it's in here. 

I do not agree with people who's talking about sidegrading. It's dam stupid. I see an evolutionary ladder as

Starter Gear (Lato, MK1) - inner planers and nothing more.

||

V

Low Gear (Braton, Boar etc) - good enough to handle with enemies but there is nothing special.

||

V

Average Gear (decent troughout an entire game once you've supercharged them and put some formas into)

||

V

Godly Gear (Soma, Tigris, etc) <=> Clan Gear <=> Vandal/Prime/Wraith Gear

Karak is on the third step of the ladder so it's obviously better than braton and definetely better than mk1.

Karak and Boltor are almost the same.

Just specced differently.

One is a good for chopping up shields, another kicks grineer in the teeth.

My 2 forma boltor still does it job very well, no fancy tricks, no nothing.

Same for my Karak. 

An on the contrary, Karak is not as spray and pray as easily with the boltor. 

With a little lead you can nail them with the boltor just as well as the Karak and the Karak biggest drawback is it's tiny magazine size. Which the Boltor actually has double of it. thus giving the Boltor comparable sustained DPS with the Karak.

Yes and both are equally viable if you show them enough love, I bring my Latron Prime into T3 survivals too.

Edited by fatpig84

dpsframe.com

this is why it wont be skill based game

powercreep , serration , multishot , rainbow bonuses

the differences in weapon numbers are just simply to high

when you have brakk at 30k and next weapon at half that or less - it shows faulty design , or broken op weapon , choose which ever you want

the difference in the dps should be around 100-500 points(when fully modded/upgraded) to make the game skill based and to make ppl choose weapons based on feel and preference and not end game performance

serration and multishot are another problem as well (they are required to have , there is no choice in this matter when we are talking about endgame gameplay , excluding penta which actually does have mutlishot optional) 

and its actually the same with rainbow builds and bane mods - they become required based on the faction you face in the endgame - its up for discussion if its good or bad - but what is not is the fact that in endgame you are limited to those choices , you cant make a choice of taking bigger mag or stabilizer over magnetic for example

this is just how I feel

imo powercreep has to be reduced and dmg on guns have to be normalized and gaps between them made much smaller(especially the top guns vs the weakest)

serration and multishot and other pure dmg increase mods should be taken away and implemented into the weapon lvls instead - giving weapons lvls increased dmg and higher chance for multishots - this way new players experience would be improved  as well - making their newbie guns stronger as they level them up

I would also add bonuses to polarities as well - depending on the polarities in wepon - the weapon itself would get boosts as well - lets say V polarity in a weapon would boost its dmg by 20% , if you have 6 v polarities its 120% (as an example) - polarity would give you 50% to multishot (up to 300% of multishot ) and d polarity would give you puncture or something else (this is just an example)

Having the game be based on gear progression rather than skill progression is fine. Sure, the gameplay would stagnate as variety in playstyle and player options dry up with an overcentralization towards arbitrarily high-levelled gear, but then only thing they'd have to worry about then is just changing the name of the game to "Somaframe."

Problem solved.

Having the game be based on gear progression rather than skill progression is fine. Sure, the gameplay would stagnate as variety in playstyle and player options dry up with an overcentralization towards arbitrarily high-levelled gear, but then only thing they'd have to worry about then is just changing the name of the game to "Somaframe."

Problem solved.

I like the cut of your jib.  ;D

Some guys did just forget, that the game doesn't begin at rank6.

Karak is NOT for those veterans having access to better stuff except they use it for style. It is just a good rifle for the way up.

There cannot be a possibility for every weapon to have the exact same tier. There have to be better weapons for progress.

I think some guys are just butthurt because they like a weapon based on appearance and sadly it turns out to be low-mid level stuff.

You still need skill with a soma... not on level 10 missions though... If you guys had some backbone, you'd forma your karak and you'd still be fine at most missions. Not everyone has maxed serration and stuff, so the differences to soma may not even be that great and if not, it's not the end of the world. Orange numbers in the result table are not everything and overdamage is useless if you don't kill more.

I like the Karak for what it is. It's solid, it's cool.

Since Soma went up a few ranks, the game was in need for something like the Karak and it filled the gap just nicely.

A friend of mine started playing recently... you wouldn't guess which weapon I recommend using?^^

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

A weapon may be OP but that doesn't mean that you will want to use it all the time. I actually love the Despair I got recently and play it more often then any other, but I do have the Brakk.

And we are here to talk about the Karak guys. And looking at the charts you will know that no power creep has happened here.

The thing is, it shouldn't have to end at rank 6 either. The game shouldn't build up to a single, all powerful weapon, because that's boring.

The use of boring weapons is up to the people. Some need Soma to compensate something, and some really like it, despite so many people use it.

I kind of feel embarrassed using Soma. It's like the easy choice.

I liked it back in the days, when Gorgon was my main and I dreamed of the Supra.

It was like the better Gorgon and I couldn't even use its full potential because I didn't have the necessary mods.

I've forma'd my Soma a few times just to complete one of the best weapons in the game if not the best, but I don't feel like I'll ever need it.

Using Synapse (my favorite) is not much less power creep though. However it's less mainstream and makes more fun.. at least in my point of view.

If people like the Karak, they should just use it and not whine about every weapon should be equal.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Like I keep saying, at the end of the day what you do with the gun is up to you, but I find the Karak to be a very solid weapon. It's not all powerful like the Soma, but in terms of elemental fun it's more versatile, and you can get some interesting effects going on. I would have dearly loved to have this gun when I was starting out. It is a good in-between midrange rifle - good, but not a standout, a best effort compromise. Which is exactly what an assault rifle is: the compromise between a sniper rifle's accuracy and range, a submachinegun's portability, a battle rifle's stopping power, and a machine gun's rate of fire.

Of course the Soma is more efficient at higher levels of play, even with the reduced crit rate, increased recoil and increased spread (Previously, the Soma had a native crit rate of 35% and the recoil and accuracy of a Braton), but I find the Karak fun, which is why it has been my exclusive rifle for the last week and change.

When I run Derelict Survival, I bring my Soma and Brakk, because I will need the best weapons I have in order to improve my chances. That's the cost of doing business.

But for everything else I run the Karak because it's a decent rifle, I can make it work for me, and because I like it.

Also I just want to point out that I have a friend who, despite all expectations, is pants with the Soma. She really can't get it to work for her. On the other hand, she's an artist with the Vectis, so... :p

In a sense the Karak is a sort of accurized assault rifle. It has very good accuracy and very little recoil, making it effective at a longer range than most other automatics. Even the Soma. While Soma can plink away at targets at extreme range, the Karak is just plain better at it because it's not limited to firing one bullet at a time.  Which leads to the problem of 90% of this game being close quarters combat in hallways and caves where you are either trying to plow through a horde or prevent a horde from plowing through you.  The Karak is for skirmishing on mountain slopes and intermittent woodlands. It's easy to envision the Grineer oppressing planets with this thing.  But the game for the most part just doesn't offer us that tactical landscape because we're stuck inside ships and bases.

In a sense the Karak is a sort of accurized assault rifle. It has very good accuracy and very little recoil, making it effective at a longer range than most other automatics. Even the Soma. While Soma can plink away at targets at extreme range, the Karak is just plain better at it because it's not limited to firing one bullet at a time.  Which leads to the problem of 90% of this game being close quarters combat in hallways and caves where you are either trying to plow through a horde or prevent a horde from plowing through you.  The Karak is for skirmishing on mountain slopes and intermittent woodlands. It's easy to envision the Grineer oppressing planets with this thing.  But the game for the most part just doesn't offer us that tactical landscape because we're stuck inside ships and bases.

You have a good point there - I find the Karak very good and quite viable on Cicero because there's plenty of scope for long range (well, by Warframe standards) combat, but it does suffer in CQB in the derelicts. -_-

Why didn't they nerf the soma yet then? *hides*

I was actually fairly disappointed when they buffed the Grakata to such a ridiculous level.  It was already a DPS monster, it just wasn't on the level of Soma.  Now, it's an extremely competitive weapon that just hasn't caught the limelight.  But that makes it less interesting to use for me.

Ah well.

Sadly it seems the majority of people want Warframe to be a gear-based game rather than a skill-based game.  Guess I'm left out in the rain.

It's too bad a compromise can't be reached, and really I doubt DE would care to try.

Guess what, Digital Extremes wants this to be a gear based game rather than a skill based game.  Guess you really are SOL.