Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Rifle Is Better Than Soma?

Raybrand

I think DE is just trolling us with the Soma : The design is based on the french Chauchat, and this weapon is considered as the worst machine gun of all times.

Successful troll is successful.

Chauchat was the worst gun of his time only shortly after it's "release".

After couple of battlefield tests (Verdun, 1916 - Wiki) it was modified to remove it's flaws, and ever since was considered the best gun of it's time, cheap to produce, not demanding in manpower and reliable.

Kinda story of some of our guns - until "patched" with forma many of them suck balls.

Edited by mohrad

So... then... nerf enemies in T3 Defense and Survival after nerfing the more powerful weapons?

:T

no, buff the other weapons more like it. Toss the "nerf" out the trash can/ 

And everybody forgot to mention how soma cost bullets like crazy compare to other weps. 

In an RPG, sure.  Warframe's a shooter.

So like gear progression in Battlefield 4?

Then again, I'm just not a big fan of progression in general, and wish Warframe was more about skill than time spent on grinding for good gear.

Silly me, right?

Can you define skill beyond Parkour trials?

It's standart progression in any game: the more lvl you have the more powerfull things you have acces to. In that case your post is looking silly.

I'm sorry, but thats bull. There is absolutely ZERO progression behind the mastery as it is at the moment. It is the equivalent of leveling 5 alts to the cap in an MMO and being given the top notch gear for that. There is no skill nor effort behind mastery, all there is to it is being an artificial way of gating power (which is inherently not a bad thing, assuming it is done right, which in this case isn't.)

Then go and suggest to remove mastery for everything in the game, remove mods and other stuff.

Or make it easier: Don't like game ? -> Don't play it!

How does this fit into the context of anything that was said here or even better, how is it relevant?

no, buff the other weapons more like it. Toss the "nerf" out the trash can/ 

And everybody forgot to mention how soma cost bullets like crazy compare to other weps. 

No, balancing is fragile and iterative process. Balancing power with power is a shallow way of fixing this and all it will do is throw balance off in the long run. Power creep is already an issue in certain instances, there is no point fotifying it.

So like gear progression in Battlefield 4?

Can you define skill beyond Parkour trials?

Gear progression in shooters is a recent trend that I also find appalling.  After all, I don't play games like Battlefield 4.  I'm used to games like Unreal Tournament where you get all the content immediately.

It's sad that you have to ask that second question, because it proves my point.  There isn't much room for skill in Warframe because it's so poorly balanced.  All you need is a Rhino, a Nova, and potatoed Somas and you can conquer anything in the game without any demand for talent.  It's fine for a modicum of appeal for casual players who don't want a demanding game, but when it comes to those who want a challenge, we're left out to dry.

Sure, you can impose challenges upon yourself.  But that only goes so far.  I personally prefer to be challenged by the game, not myself.

Edited by NikolaiLev

Seeing as WF is built for random people who all have different levels of skill on any given mission, it kills most chances for tactical game play. Also when focusing on such tactical game play coordination between four strangers is a nightmare that most would refuse especially when i only take one troll to mess up the whole thing.

Lets say you could shape what skill means in WF.. what would it be? Describe it to me, describe what skill is and how it could apply in a online game where your team is made up of three others you never met before, using weapons and lay outs you don't know nor may have any experience with? I am not being pessimistic about this, but I want to honestly know if the kind of skill you are looking for is possible within WF's setting.

Thing is, Waframe is not a shooter. Yes, it plays like a shooter but it is as much shooter as Mass Effect or Fallout 3/NV are. At its core, it is an ARPG where gear/ability progression is a thing. I can't see Warframe having a skill ceiling akin to Unreal Tournament's or Quake's simply because the game is not designed to be that -- it is a marriage between ARPG and Horde mode.

The glaring issue here however is that, while the game has grown tremendously, the tiers of power need more population and variability. The obvious issues with Some would be far less apparent (or relevant for that matter) if we had 10-12 guns more with the same potential and/or scaling.

The glaring issue here however is that, while the game has grown tremendously, the tiers of power need more population and variability. The obvious issues with Some would be far less apparent (or relevant for that matter) if we had 10-12 guns more with the same potential and/or scaling.

Didn't they already say they were tweeking the system to make most of the guns more or less on par with each other?

Top "tier" weapons should not be blocked by a RNG or clan wall. They should be available for all to get with ease.

I partially agree with this, I believe that if players want to obtain something special they should have to work for it instead of it being the best and easiest to obtain. If all weapons were easily obtainable this would be okay, but since most weapons require grinding or clan research, the method of access for the Soma is a little too easy..

i prefer the Penta

huge, AOE DPS, i take mine just about everywhere, can one shot many heavy class units up into the 80s and is insanely ammo efficient. 

here are some DPS figures.

(keep in mind that most of these weps have a drawback that allows them to have such a high DPS)

boar prime: 17000-----(horrid ammo economy, shorter range)

Soma: 16000-----------(bad ammo economy)

(several weps hover around the 14000 marker)

penta: 14000-----------(can kill yourself, limited range)

burston prime: 14000-(3-round burst can be clunky, reloading allot)

synapse: 14000--------(VARY limited range)

Supra: 14000-----------(inaccurate, bad ammo economy, 10 year reload)

these DPS figures factor reload efficiency, shocker, having to stop to reload lowers DPS. 

these DPS figures DO NOT factor resistances/weaknesses that WILL change the damage output of each wep on a case by case basis.

Though Synapse doesn't suffer from accuracy loss when using heavy caliber though.

I think the soma is fine as cuz its rank 6 and it takes quite a bit of modding to get it so strong

I think they should buff other weapons that are rank 7 and up, and release more powerful weapons higher than rank 6 and 7

supra should defiantly be stronger than soma cuz of its many draw backs, also I love the idea of weilding a mini gun but it take the fun out of using it if it falls so short