Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U7 The Big Nerf A Lot Of People Feared It Would Be

Steeldragonz

Well seems that U7 was the big slap in the face alot of people feared it would be. Aside from no stacking the insane cost of fusion means that the farming needed to do stuff is now off the scale. Instead of just farming to get a bit of a increase, you now need to FARM for your life to get that bit of an increase...

Guess i will give this a go till im to &!$$ed to be bothered anymore.. at which point i will just stop i guess and will no long reccommend the game to friends, as it is i wouldnt tell anyone to come try this right now even as a tester im not seeing much fun in going to being able to solo run pluto missions to having a boss like Jackal be a pain in the &#!.

Who wants a laugh about fusion costs, this is the first mod i found... was kinda happy thought i could boost it for when my Wyrm was finish build.... but as you can see going from 0-8.5 rank will take me 311 cores, ohhh and cost me something in the Region of ... Oh wait the number is so huge that the game cant display it right, but lets just through some world debt figures out there 2.9 Trillion Credits..... Thanks DESteve for proving me right when i said i would stop calling this a nerf after you posted info, that clearly showed you were trying to increase playtime sink and credit sink..

Warframe%202013-03-18%2022-08-40-50.jpg

im not going to make new topics to spam the forums on all the crap i find, as that wouldnt be fair to all the other people that are going to spam the forums with all the crap they find, so im just going to keep posting here.

- A lot of powers arent showing in my inventory for fusion EG: Avalanche and Snow Globe.

- When trying to fuse pressing any of the sorting buttons resets and exits the fusiuon process. This means that if i just need a load end card or maybe a high end card i cant search specifically for that.

- The amount a Fusion Core adds is completely messed up, It works out better to use a ton of low cores then 1 high one, also RARE cores cost double the price but only add a few % more. soo all those rank 30 mods we had are now going to cost us the earth to get rid off in a very ineffcient way...R10 fusion core 102k credits to use, R10 rare fusion core 204k to use for about 10-20% more fusion...

Edited by Steeldragonz

I already warned people I invited Update 6 era to stay away for now. They showed some interest today but I cannot really suggest this game anymore when I am even repelled by it.

^ Yep. I'm continuing to test, but so far they turned a slightly obnoxious grindfest into the most horrible grindfest ever designed by mankind and I've played Korean MMOs... those things are nuts but not this bad.

I recommend Vindictus to anyone who wants something else to play while DE fixes this currently horrible game.

Already sent a ticket to support to refund my money...

Let me know how that goes, I want my money back too.

I bought a Founder to support the game it was in Update 6, Update 7 is horrible and I refuse to support them if this is the future of Warframe.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

^ Yep. I'm continuing to test, but so far they turned a slightly obnoxious grindfest into the most horrible grindfest ever designed by mankind and I've played Korean MMOs... those things are nuts but not this bad.

I recommend Vindictus to anyone who wants something else to play while DE fixes this currently horrible game.

Let me know how that goes, I want my money back too.

I bought a Founder to support the game it was in Update 6, Update 7 is horrible and I refuse to support them if this is the future of Warframe.

---

ok

If you want to nuke your account and not try out the new system, sure. Old mods still have high value in new system. You're still ranked high. The old system sucked at the high end.

We are still ranked high. I'd believe that if you didn't nuked us back already into the Terminus system even with 3 supercharged gear bought with platinum. Why would I regrind this game twice or thrice when the inevitable Launch will occur?

DE_Steve, I have tremendous amount of respect for you and the team you work with passionately on this game, I fully realise this is a Beta but I refuse to regrind twice on the same planets just to get back to a decent 'power level' where I don't have to be a Space Marine taking cover.

Not to mention the prices and the actual Credit gains. 100K for a Sentinel? When you gain 500-1000 Credits each time you complete a 10-20 minute long mission?

If you want to nuke your account and not try out the new system, sure. Old mods still have high value in new system. You're still ranked high. The old system sucked at the high end.

that makes no damn sense, what you mean is we have gone from a system with clearly defined levels and ranks... to a system where a power drain determines our ability to spec. With that being the case I have gone from having 257 Hours of mods and experience in my warframes and weapons to having a bunch of warframes and weapons that i will now need to put another 250 hours into farming mods that i can THEN use with my old mods that have no value on there own in the hope that im able to get to about 25% of the power i had before.

going from stacking 4-5 40% rtange boosters to having 1 at 40% [if i rank it up to max] is just laughable. Should of just called this Nerf7 not Update 7. I will give it a go and see if i can make the best of it but im really not hopeful im going to have the same fun i did....

Ok as i wasnt paying attenion before it was 10^7 making that total cost [before the patch in the image above ] 29Million credits to get to 8.5, so i have just done this same item again and stopped at the point where the numbers hit 10Million Credits... thats rank 7.08 [roughly] So no your patch to fix price didnt work... or is it your intention that per card ranking up to max costs over 40 Million credits per card.

LOL going to need to sell alot of mod is UC10 [uncommon] 400 credits, and R10 [rare] 1250 credits and im going to need something like 300-400Million per warframe/weapon/sentinel, something like 2.5 Trillion Credits to max everything 6.3Billion cards to collect and sell.Warframe%202013-03-18%2022-46-22-16.jpg

Edited by Steeldragonz

You guys probably should have just waited for the release version of the game, it honestly doesn't sound like you understand the concept of a beta. It's unusual they aren't resetting everything, and as Steve said, the fusion cores we got for our old mods give us a big head start. Complaining about a change in beta that causes you to lose some progress but adds way more depth and longevity to the game is kind of asinine.

Yep, and I guarantee you we will balance these things out better. I understand the rage, totally. I put effort into adapting the old Mods (now Fusion Cores) so I wouldn't force a reset. You will bounce back quick and be better off for it.

As far as Sentinel - it is a pet, totally optional and a big deal. Costing 100K isn't crazy for it IMO.

Yep, and I guarantee you we will balance these things out better. I understand the rage, totally. I put effort into adapting the old Mods (now Fusion Cores) so I wouldn't force a reset. You will bounce back quick and be better off for it.

As far as Sentinel - it is a pet, totally optional and a big deal. Costing 100K isn't crazy for it IMO.

Let me grind 100 missions [ Assuming 1K credit reward and buying nothing else with missions ] for an optional pet. I understand it is optional but at that price point you might as well erase the credit part and make it platinum only.

Ah what the hell am I whining about. I will come back whenever the commotion is settled and the reset is available. As it stands, you guys could brush up on communicating the entire system one day in advance. I know your DE Council is the holy place the unwashed masses can't peek into, but an official announcement one day prior would have done you great good.

As it stands, bouncing back faster or not, it is still grinding on the same starting planets which I didn't mind at all in Update 6. It was fun.

Did........did you seriously just give us an "aren't you grateful" response?

DE now officially knows whats good for us.

it doesnt cost 100k, i think you miss read. The health upgrade for the sentinel that i used to test your fusion costs cost 10 million [not 100 thousand] to upgrade just to rank 7, then another 19 Miillion credits to upgrade to just past rank 8.5

Edited by Steeldragonz

its ok, if DE wants to act that way, for the next few days while we deal with this, and they test our patients thats perfectly fine... because next week the bombing of ratings for warframe from all these upset people will start and the game will get killed off. On the other hand if a way to fix all this is found like the 1000's of missing cores, missing mods from the fusion system, the fusion system cost, then the community would be completely the opposite because it would be DE showing that they listen to there community instead of lipservice like EA to try and control the rage produced from decsions that would of been shown to be flawed if a larger test group had been involved.

It's beta, and the system had to change. It had to change because the old one got boring. You're maxed? Now 80% of the tree is irrelevant. You're new? What path is best through the tree? (google, done, no thought process). We want to add a new ability to an existing Warframe? Boom, destroy the tree and respec (or grow it so new players never have a hope of seeing it until they are level a billion).

its ok, if DE wants to act that way, for the next few days while we deal with this, and they test our patients thats perfectly fine... because next week the bombing of ratings for warframe from all these upset people will start and the game will get killed off. On the other hand if a way to fix all this is found like the 1000's of missing cores, missing mods from the fusion system, the fusion system cost, then the community would be completely the opposite because it would be DE showing that they listen to there community instead of lipservice like EA to try and control the rage produced from decsions that would of been shown to be flawed if a larger test group had been involved.

Did you not read my hypothesis about your "missing cores, missing mods"?

The conversion could have been one to one or it could not have been one to one.

All fusion cores have a value that is independent of the rarity of the core. <-- My guess would be, the same type of mod before were stacked into one core with a higher value. <-- That could explain your "missing" mods.

Blue mods before are now Rare fusion cores today.

Green mods before are now uncommon.

*White mods before are common? <-- I need to confirm cause I only had like 20 minutes to check this new update.

^That is my hypothesis. DO NOT take it for fact until it is proven.

About the fusion system cost, DE_Steve said they are working on balancing it, and will release an hotfix.

Please calm your head and read. If anything, just leave and come back in a few days or don't come back at all if you hate it this much.