Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U7 The Big Nerf A Lot Of People Feared It Would Be

Steeldragonz

Yep, and I guarantee you we will balance these things out better. I understand the rage, totally. I put effort into adapting the old Mods (now Fusion Cores) so I wouldn't force a reset. You will bounce back quick and be better off for it.

As far as Sentinel - it is a pet, totally optional and a big deal. Costing 100K isn't crazy for it IMO.

What about the part where it says pets take up two slots? Are those weapon slots? If so, that is absolutely bloody absurd.

I do understand that, yes. The fusion cores from the old system though are valuable.

Hot fix did not change this (unless that update was not the hotfix mentioned), it is still expensive and takes many rare-uncommon cores to level a single mod.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer

im just going to test what you feel is better right now, you can see what my concerns are and the problems i have already come across. I don't much care about the issues of the tree or this card system. My issues are that the costs of the fusion system the missing things and THROWING people that have tested back to start seem to have been completely overlooked.

if you think 40Million credits is ok [because you have avoided answering that] to get 1 card to 10, then you are looking at the wrong market. Im a serious power game and will grind my heart out if i enjoy a game simply because i dont sleep [due to medical stuff] so i have a lot of time others dont... but you should be triyng to release this exclusively in an asian market, because people arent going to grind out 40Million per card on 10 cards per warframe and everything else...

what if we want a reset of our account how would we do it? i for one dont mind getting mine reset so i can see how it will from from a new player perspective. aslong as i get my plat back that is xP

When the real OB starts up, you will have the option to do a full reset, atm the moment that is TBA/TBD.

Edited by FateZero

When the real OB starts up, you will have the option to do a full reset, atm the moment that is TBA/TBD.

to be honest i have been looking forward to be able to reset my account to 0 everything with my plat back from what i bought for it. but untill then i guess ill just see if i can farm some of the new mods and stuff.

I do understand that, yes. The fusion cores from the old system though are valuable.

Oh really?

Before this patch I had one module on one weapon that gave me a 30% reload speed. To get that back I had to use half the fusion cores I had, and mostly the higher quality ones.

Your fusion cores are valuable like pennies, ie. not very.

It's beta, and the system had to change. It had to change because the old one got boring. You're maxed? Now 80% of the tree is irrelevant. You're new? What path is best through the tree? (google, done, no thought process). We want to add a new ability to an existing Warframe? Boom, destroy the tree and respec (or grow it so new players never have a hope of seeing it until they are level a billion).

My respect just immensely grew for you.

It's interesting to see a lot of people complaining about how level doesn't mean anything and that update 7 was a giant nerf. I blew a bunch of plat on buying mods just to see what the system actually looked like with its intended practice and it sure seems substancially better than the old system. It seems like a giant nerf because a lot of us had rank 30 frames with >600 shield >300 hp and weapons with >150% multishot, lots of passive damage increase from ranks not to mention the slots with >24% varying damage type mods and now these things are empty. We have 0 mods, and this is exactly how someone just starting the game is, however we do have a big advantage in any mods that had been saved in that we can charge up the new mods pretty quickly. I already have a pistol mod that is +90% ele dmg and am now waiting on the fusion prices to be fixed as DE_Steve has mentioned they are bugged. Personally I don't care about the stats, because I'm able to see this as it is... it's a reset without taking away your weapons/frames/materials.

Again this update isn't actually a nerf to any extent that I can tell... it is a RESET... and I *do* understand people being upset by a reset... annnnnnndddddddd I REALLY think it should have been clearly stated by someone from DE ahead of time. As far as the changes to the game go it seems much better than before and the added longevity will be nice, but with that said there was a definitely communication fail and I think that's where a good chunk of the issues are coming from rather than actual design problems.

Edit: I guess I lied it was a nerf to all the people that massively stacked range/multishot and the like to get absurd damage numbers, given the scaling I've seen on flat damage mods (eg the 90% ele I mentioned before) would have been better than 3 flat damage mods from before, or approx 2 of the best dual damage mods that existed.

Edited by plznohurtme

i like this big nerf this all OP skills, mods build etc etc.. what give you one-man army..

But what is a little bad its a price of fussion.. my all old mods are uncommon 10 or rare 10... every single umcomon its 102k cos in fusion, every single rare 10 its 200k.. to upgrade cards need use this fusion and alot of cash ;]

All old players need to back and again farm low lvl maps beacuse all our warframes are clean, and realy i would be better to get all items what i get on lvl 1 than 30 what give me nothing.. i can't go and clear new zones because my warframes will die very fast;].

It's interesting to see a lot of people complaining about how level doesn't mean anything and that update 7 was a giant nerf. I blew a bunch of plat on buying mods just to see what the system actually looked like with its intended practice and it sure seems substancially better than the old system. It seems like a giant nerf because a lot of us had rank 30 frames with >600 shield >300 hp and weapons with >150% multishot, lots of passive damage increase from ranks not to mention the slots with >24% varying damage type mods and now these things are empty. We have 0 mods, and this is exactly how someone just starting the game is, however we do have a big advantage in any mods that had been saved in that we can charge up the new mods pretty quickly. I already have a pistol mod that is +90% ele dmg and am now waiting on the fusion prices to be fixed as DE_Steve has mentioned they are bugged. Personally I don't care about the stats, because I'm able to see this as it is... it's a reset without taking away your weapons/frames/materials.

Again this update isn't actually a nerf to any extent that I can tell... it is a RESET... and I *do* understand people being upset by a reset... annnnnnndddddddd I REALLY think it should have been clearly stated by someone from DE ahead of time. As far as the changes to the game go it seems much better than before and the added longevity will be nice, but with that said there was a definitely communication fail and I think that's where a good chunk of the issues are coming from rather than actual design problems.

Edit: I guess I lied it was a nerf to all the people that massively stacked range/multishot and the like to get absurd damage numbers, given the scaling I've seen on flat damage mods (eg the 90% ele I mentioned before) would have been better than 3 flat damage mods from before, or approx 2 of the best dual damage mods that existed.

I agree with you completely, thanks for sharing. IMO int he long run you can become much stronger than before.

I personally think this update was great because I don't know about you guys but I play this game for the fun and competition with my friends who can get the best gear the best setups do the most damage and S#&$, all this update has done is made the end game a lot harder to get to but at the end it's a much better reward...

You are also forgetting the other stuff this update has added the amount of oppurtunitys it has opened!

Rage quitting on day one of a brand new update release? In Beta?

Come on folks, have a bit more faith.

They at least deserve 24 hours as we break their fancy new code :P, more like end of the week.

Could be worse. This could be a Console focused publisher who only updates and patches when their publishers say they can. At least DE can push hotfixes within hours and days rather then 6 to 12 months.

Last i will say on the cost thing, here is an image of using 1 R10 cost 204k and giving 90% of rank 1, Below that is a image of using using a mixture of 15 UC0-5 costing a total of 56k but giving me enough Fusion for 3 ranks....

Didn't you hear? Our old mods are super valuble! Thats why it costs so much to use them in upgrades!

They at least deserve 24 hours as we break their fancy new code :P, more like end of the week.

Could be worse. This could be a Console focused publisher who only updates and patches when their publishers say they can. At least DE can push hotfixes within hours and days rather then 6 to 12 months.

True.

My suggestion to you all; don't level up jack until the hotfix is applied.

And what of the people who are now broke from fusing prices before the fix?

They rushed even when it costed so much, was the benefit worth the cost? Since they fused, then the answer was yes in their mind.

Can't just undo something because they were inpatient and forgot this was day 1 of a completely new update/revamp of the system.

Sorry, not sorry.