Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Old Unobtainable Weapons

CardboardSamurai

I have to add that in most cases the exclusives are in no way unfair to others. The Snipetron, the vandals, and the Lato prime are all close enough to their more obtainable counterparts. They are more bling than an unfair advantage. Strun Wraith and Brakk were the only weapons that stood out from the pack a ton, and that was a problem; however, after doing 101 grindy, repetitive missions, you deserve something a little bit better than a generic bronco or two.

The exclusives should remain exclusive because they tell a story of were the player has been. In a couple of days all of you who participated in the Cicero event will have a new, shiny, exclusive as well. If a few months later DE allowed everyone to get another chance at earning Dual Viper Wraiths, you would realize how it feels to have one of your exclusives lose its meaning. The Viper Wraiths would no longer tell and story, and they would then mean almost nothing.

I joined Warframe during the Strun Wraith event, and I missed out on that sweet weapon. Do you see me crying about it? no. Do you see me asking for another opportunity to get it? no.

Now read once more what this wise sage uttered previously:

Exclusive. Items.

One would think this was self explnatory.

Yeah..they can miss me with this exclusive stuff..I've seen more people complain about "exclusives" than anything else.....specially when they just nerfed an exclusive....Brakk...and now I seen at thread where Lato Prime was nerfed.....Machete Wraith is laughable (pretty though).....excal prime REALLY needs a rework in design and a new event for his revist ....frost prime also.....I am being a bit 1 sided because I want a chance to get the Lato Prime...

but lets be real for a second...........when the first few exclusives were released...the player base was very small compared to now

since Warframe is expanding in player base and popularity I think we should give new players a chance to obtain the original goodies....

because when DE releasees NEW goodies....I mean look what happens its a disgrace...all the threads about over-saturation......

lets just recycle some of these exclusives :)

1.  Lato Prime (Ok no event for Lato Prime..put a price on it with a new revised version of excal prime)

I am pretty sure Founder-Exclusive items will never be an option.

I think most people want the exclusive's because of their increased stat bonuses, which can be understood.

I was a few days too late to get the Braton and Lato Vandal. I'm eager for any opportunity to finally get them. 

My question, how were you a few days too late for both the Braton V and the Lato V?

Assuming you entered WF shortly after the open beta weekend, you still would've gotten the Lato V, yes?

I would have no issue with exclusive items if they weren't in some way different from the standard counterpart. With the frames it is usually balanced or even superseded with a single forma. But with weapons? If ti works just a TINY bit different, people will want it. Same with the looks. 

Also... question to the bigger circle of players:

Where are the god damn Excal Primes? I haven't seen a single one ever being used. Hell, even the standard excal is pretty much extinct beyond mars. If something is exclusive, you'd expect to see it. it has to be shown that you either got lucky or showed enough initiative to be that special someone. But when you don't show it off then.. sorry, I can't take your "but it should stay exclusive" arguments for real. 

Ok, here's a crackpot idea that'd probably &!$$ people off to no end. Exclusives are limited, but not to a single person. Say you have that exact excal prime. But what happens if it remains unused for a long time or you sell it? Like 6 months long time. It vanishes from your inventory and has now become the reward of some random, and super-difficult mission. The lucky someone who completes it, gets the frame you lost. But that someone only holds that exclusive for as long as they keep is using it. If they also leave it unused for that period of time (or sell it), the circle repeats. There is a limited and exact number of them available. They are still exclusive. Just not to any single person. 

Edited by Lakais

@Lakais
You're idea would be more annoying than anything for people who:
1) Like to collect
2) Like to revisit older items after a while of leveling everything else
Because now they constantly have to switch back to that gear for a mission or two not to lose it.

And FYI I use excal prme all the time because I like excal and his abilities.
Just because not everyone does doesn't mean you should take it away from them.
They paid money for the founders exclusives and as such they should never be given out to other people.

@OP
You missed out on the exclusives.  So what?  Deal with it and wait to get your own exclusives.  Soon you'll have your own shiny exclusive weapons that new players wont and then the next event will happen and they will get their own exclusives.

Also here is a better example of why it would be a bad idea to give out the exclusives to everyone (especially founder gear):
You go a sculpture company and see that they are holding a fund-raising event and for putting in 250$ you will get a unique one of a kind sculpture.  So you do so and get it and are happy with it and put it somewhere in your house.
Later that month they decide to release your unique sculpture to thousands of people as a door prize for an event that happens.
How would you feel about your sculpture then and the money you spent?
And that is why the founder exclusives should never be given out again.