Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Appreciation Thread

DarknightK

So basically, recount moments or just awesome facts about Rhino throughout your experience in using him. You can slap video/video links, gifs, or images or whatever you want to help illustrate your experiences!

Mine:

Rhino Charge with some Power Range mods and Iron Skin at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt3O_Aw5Dok

It's high time we needed this thread for the Rhino fanbois.

EDIT: Apparently Rhino Charge isn't affected by Range mods. That's probably why I didn't see much of a difference when using it.

Edited by DarknightK

Wha- really? Last time I checked, Power Duration just increases the little speed bonus you get after using Rhino.

I'm pretty sure Rhino Charge's range is boosted by range mods.

Max duration will get your Rhino charge over 80m length, so watch out, you'll be hitting the wall in every tileset.

You can get from the large Corpus hangar from side to side with 2 charges.

Pretty strange that it isn't affected by Range mods, while Slash dash is (at least I think so, if I'm misled by the wiki again).

I'd like to test this out, but unfortunately I have forlorn Rhino for other Frames. I'll see what I can do later on though.

Back on topic: Wading through the Stalker with Iron Skin back when he didn't have Dispel.

Max duration will get your Rhino charge over 80m length, so watch out, you'll be hitting the wall in every tileset.

You can get from the large Corpus hangar from side to side with 2 charges.

really? im gonna have to try that.

Pretty strange that it isn't affected by Range mods, while Slash dash is (at least I think so, if I'm misled by the wiki again).

I'd like to test this out, but unfortunately I have forlorn Rhino for other Frames. I'll see what I can do later on though.

Back on topic: Wading through the Stalker with Iron Skin back when he didn't have Dispel.

nope, slash dash works the same way, only duration works on it, and not range.

nope, slash dash works the same way, only duration works on it, and not range.

Holy Mother Theresa on the hood of a Mercedes-Benz.

I think this might be a bug guize. .-.

Although I'm even more sure that it's already been posted in the bugs section anyways.

Why do we need this thread? We certainly don't have one for any other frame. If you want to "appreciate" a frame, why don't you just go play it instead of praising it's virtues on the internet. Then your teammates can also "appreciate" your frame handling skills.

just because something doesnt work the way you think it does doesnt make it a bug.

Well, Power Range on almost every ability is affected by Power Range mods. Which would make sense. So I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work on Rhino Charge and Slash Dash. Power Duration however may fit too, since both frames are basically using a skill that propels them and their effect at the same time, unlike others such as Fireball or Shuriken, which just pop out a projectile.

Why do we need this thread? We certainly don't have one for any other frame. If you want to "appreciate" a frame, why don't you just go play it instead of praising it's virtues on the internet. Then your teammates can also "appreciate" your frame handling skills.

It was just my attempt to connect the Armored Titan and Rhino. /joke

But really, I've sold off Rhino to make space for my other frames. Once I get more slots I think I'll relevel it. Rhino was quite enjoyable to play with, but felt too easy at times, especially with the right mods.

Also, too bad other frames don't have threads like this. We definitely need a Trinity Appreciation Thread for the courtesy of Invincibility builds.

Oh, and her CounterCCtroll ability, otherwise known as Link.

Well, Power Range on almost every ability is affected by Power Range mods. Which would make sense. So I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work on Rhino Charge and Slash Dash. Power Duration however may fit too, since both frames are basically using a skill that propels them and their effect at the same time, unlike others such as Fireball or Shuriken, which just pop out a projectile.

exactly, you just answered yourself, most range is modified by range mod, what you didnt say is most abilities are instantly, there's no duration to them, however, like you said, rhino charge and slash dash propels the user forward, and the propel part has a length to it, it isnt instant like more abilities are, hence why it's a duration skill, not a range skill.