Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let´s Talk About All Of Our Machineguns De...

SniffYoBunnies

That is:Gorgon,Soma,Supra

GORGON:Retired grineer weapon with a horrid accuracy,mediocre damage and fire rate,horrible ammo consumption.

SUPRA:Clantech weapon,achieevd at mastery 7 for 7 fieldron,higher damage Laser Mini Gatling Gun,with highest base damage of the MG´s,a horrible spread and accuracy,and a pretty bad fire rate and ammo efficiency.

SOMA:Tenno LMG with:-The best magazine capacity

-The best fire rate and accuracy

-The best crit rate and crit damage

-The worst base damage

-The easiest one to achieve

Now,seems like DE´s way of buffing a weapon is to just increase it´s crit rate or a little damage buff,that is in this case sadly not enough.The Soma will need a SLIGHT nerf,while the other two recieve a MAJOR buff wich will split them into two categories.

First of thou,let´s do something about the ammo consumption of these beasts.Let´s buff the Ammo Drum mod to increase by 15% per level,and also make a "Machinegun Mutation" mod.These babies are still gonna use Rifle ammo,but the other ammo types will be converted into 2x as much as the Rifle Mutation.That should ensure some more ammo throughout fights with these MGs.

SOMA:Here we go.Some peeps are gonna hate me for this but...make it have a 3.5% Status Chance,reduce it´s accuarcy to be a little better than the "Retired Gorgon" and make it have TERRIBLE recoil.

GORGON:Make it a "Corpus CQ Killer".Coming with 24 base damage,and a 10% Status Chance,not talkin bout Crit Chance,it´s gonna have 12 Impact,5 Puncture and 7 Slash.Buff it´s accuracy and give it 100 rounds.

SUPRA:The most accurate of the machineguns,this would be the "Grineer Killer".Coming with 35 damage,dealt up into 15 Puncture,5 Impact and 15 slash,it is ensured to mow ´em down.A status chance of 18.5% will ensure your elemental mage lazer shooter needs to be fullfilled.Then,we add NO SPREAD AND RECOIL,make it´s accuracy a little better and BOOM...It´s gonna be worth the Mastery Rank and the 7 Fieldron!

Tell me wat´cha think!

Thanks for reading,Tenno.

Edited by SniffYoBunnies

I possibly agree the supra could have a bit better accuracy but otherwise these changes are completely unnecessary, balance for the sake of change rather than real need for it. these weapons come in tiers of power and mixed purpose, bringing them all to nearly the same level is just dumb, it breaks the damage curve.

The problem with "tiers" of weapons is that not every weapon is identical in mechanics, look, feel, or sound. When you make Soma the best rifle, you punish players who don't like its abrasive sound, spin up time, crit build prerequisite, etc. Having progression isn't really the problem. What many people hate with a passion is having a favorite weapon that they can't use on high level content because it's simply not powerful enough.

I want to point out that there are light machine guns with similar accuracy - and even better accuracy - than the Soma today. Note the M27 IAR (which some have suspected is really a stealth gambit by the USMC to get new rifles into rifle squads that aren't M4A1 carbines). The PKP Pecheng is also ridiculously accurate, especially when fired from a bipod.

Also I see no problems with weapons that are effectively light machineguns using assault rifle ammo, since all light machine guns and general purpose machineguns use rifle ammo (the M249 SAW uses 5.56mm, the M240 uses 7.62mm, and let's not forget the PKM, RPK, etc).

They've already discussed in a previous livestream that they will never be nerfing the Soma.
...not on purpose, anyway.

In Update 11, they did nerf the Soma's critical rate from 35% to 25%, before increasing it to 30%. Also, comparing U10 Soma with U11 Soma, U11 Soma has increased recoil and bullet spread compared to U10 Soma. It's still quite accurate for what is effectively an LMG, but the Soma is now a PKP Pecheng instead of a HK416.

There is a thing a lot of people miss, one of the reasons you do not want an upgraded Gorgon is that the upgrade will be applied to every grineer heavy gunner in game.

Those guns are designed with the prerequisite faults that allow players to respond to them before they get killed by mass heavy caliber fire.

The soma is not

There is a thing a lot of people miss, one of the reasons you do not want an upgraded Gorgon is that the upgrade will be applied to every grineer heavy gunner in game.

Those guns are designed with the prerequisite faults that allow players to respond to them before they get killed by mass heavy caliber fire.

The soma is not

The flux rifle players use is not the same one that NPCs use. Why would the gorgon have to be different?

Supra in my opinion needs to have no recoil, maybe keep its spread, increase its velocity to at least what the boltor is and maybe lower its damage down to 30 to balance out that it can hit things now.

I personally don't find that much problem with soma itself but more vital sense. If that mod was halved it would brinf somas DPS down to where everyone elses is. at the same time making the choice between grakata and gorgon a little more than how often you reload. Grakata wouldn't suffer that much as it has more than just crit damage going for it, like higher base damage and rate of fire than soma.

Anyway just my opinion.