Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Way To Earn Free Platinum?

KILLERKYLE48

Question

21 answers to this question

Your point about everything decent in the market costing plat, this is not true. Every gear item can be gotten in game buy buying or finding the blueprints for that item, and then building it. Buying things with plat is just a quick way to get them.

I suggest you use your plat to buy weapon and warframe slots. Since you can only hold so many weapons and warframe at at time (unless you buy more slots).

For trading mods you have to be in clan and use the trading kiosk. You can always check the warframe wiki for more in-depth info if you need.

*facepalms*

Ok thanks, Im just surprised that almost everything decent in the store costs premium credits and that the only was I found to get them was to buy them

You buy their blueprints, not the actual weapons/warframes. From there you must get the required materials from missions.

clan hall? so I have to be in a clan to trade?

Nope, you just need to find someone to host your trades. Generally both traders have a clan with trading capabilities, so usually you'll find the person who wants to buy/sell that you're talking to has access to one.

Overall, trading is a relatively easy way to earn platinum if you've got wanted mods. Advertise what you have in Trading chat and then eventually you'll find a buyer.

You buy their blueprints, not the actual weapons/warframes. From there you must get the required materials from missions.

This. One of DE's biggest mistakes is making it so that a lot of new players don't realize that blueprints are the way to go if they want to play for free. Combine that with the ludicrous Platinum prices on everything and you've got a perfect formula for chasing players away from the game.

But yeah, blueprints, blueprints, blueprints. Most are obtained from the Marketplace, but some of them (Warframe parts [chassis, systems, helmet], special weapons, etc) are obtained from certain missions.

Edited by SortaRandom

Or you could sell mods for it. Not really free, but legitimate

^ what he said.

you can sell mods for plat. some of them are even 1k worth. and some of them are worth nothing but people still selling them for insane prices.

Edited by Althix

This. One of DE's biggest mistakes is making it so that a lot of new players don't realize that blueprints are the way to go if they want to play for free. Combine that with the ludicrous Platinum prices on everything and you've got a perfect formula for chasing players away from the game.

That was my impression when first starting too, I thought "Man this is pay to win alright, can't get guns unless i spend cash". It wasn't until much later, and some grinding, that i realized that blueprints existed. Though TBH, some of the basic stuff for those blueprints are pretty far into the game for newbies (earth can be hard without right gear).