Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapons Worth A Potato?

Silver_Fox75

While i already have a rank 30 catalysted Galatine, i like a little variety in my game play and am about to level my Loki. Thus i am in need of a worthy, preferably none charge based, melee weapon that I can spend a catalyst on and not just use for mastery. I thought Dual Ichors initially, but those would take some time to acquire the resources for. Any suggestions?

If you can get a prime, then do the prime. That's pretty future proof. I would expect there to be a prime heavy weapon pretty soon. Scindo probably. So I would not recommend heavily investing (relative to what you have available and how much you spend on plat) anything that's heavy and Tenno because a prime will just be better.

Lecta / Prova for electric base damage that you can take into three different combos if need be. Ichor / Scoliac for the same reasons with toxic. Lecta and Ichor seem to be the ones for regular attacks and Lecta is much easier to get, so i guess that'd be my recommendation if you like the style.

There are currently three scythes in the game that are very very close in stats and have been for a long time. You could probably pick any of the three safely. Ehter Reaper, Hate, and Reaper Prime. Whichever you happen to be closer to making. One day they might specialize them with different types of buffs, but for now none is NOTICABLY better at regular attacks while leveling from 0->30. Ether Reaper is most likely to be out-classed if the scythes get a balance pass that differentiates them, but it also does come with a free V slot though which could definitely make a tangible difference if you're not in to spending Forma.

Have you considered the Glaive, Glaive Prime, or Kestrel? You would think of them as thrown weapons, but you CAN do regular attacks with them and it's much easier to level them that way if you've got Loki as you said you do. Kestrel uses common materials, builds in 12hrs and comes standard with V - and I wouldn't expect another thrown prime weapon for some time, though that is of course just speculation.

Edited by VKhaun

Dual cleavers are far better in dps term wise than dual zoren .

Learn math ppl and stop suggesting him the Zoren they are bad.

Also you could try Ichors  but never never potato fist weapons like ankyros 

i did and it is useless XD

From easily available market weapons 

Orthos, Dual Ethers (both need 2 formas to become truly good) all-round good melee weapons, DEs good with spin attack

Zorens (if your pc is fast - othrwise fps slowdown will nullify attack speed), Dual Heat (good charge dmg, AOE fire slam)

mayb Kama (only the single one, it has 2 V polarities and good dmg)

Dual cleavers are far better in dps term wise than dual zoren .

Learn math ppl and stop suggesting him the Zoren they are bad.

Also you could try Ichors  but never never potato fist weapons like ankyros 

i did and it is useless XD

Oh yeah, Cleavers are better by ~30% (more damage, less speed)

Kogake, Amphis, Dark sword, Orthos, Furax, Ceramic dagger (I'm serious. Charge damage build with elements and nightmare mods), and Fang are amazingly effective when tatered and are relatively easy to level once you get a few early mods.

Mire, Scindo, Pangolin sword, Gram, and Hate are weapons that have huge potential but need jagged edge to be their best.

Obex, Dual cleavers, Dual ichor, dual zoren, and dual kama can potentially make you a living chainsaw but the leveling will be a pain without polarities. All of them need the berserker mod and all but obex need jagged edge.

Edited by sewens

Oh yeah, Cleavers are better by ~30% (more damage, less speed)

Speed is not about everything . 

Zoren have 15 total damage x 1.8 attack in sec = 27 damage per second

While Cleavers even thought a bit slower have 25 x 1.3 = 33 damage per second 

So they have quite the difference in power since you calculate it with crits.

And optimized dual zoren like this :

Will do 48 total damage x 2.6 firerate will do roughly 125 total dps

If you apply the same in Cleavers they will have 80 total damage x 2.1 firerate will do 168 total dps

That is 43 points damage gap that Zoren cant cover it even with its speed.

Zoren compared to cleavers does nothing it is just speed but no damage

i seem to copter better with Scoliac :$

Also Scoliac is worth it and im not kidding.

Yes... problem with Scoliac is just... the hitbox. I really wanted to like the weapon, but as long as whip weapons have this buggy hitbox which seems to get worse when using Invisibility or Smoke Screen, I don't use these.

Yes... problem with Scoliac is just... the hitbox. I really wanted to like the weapon, but as long as whip weapons have this buggy hitbox which seems to get worse when using Invisibility or Smoke Screen, I don't use these.

They aint that buggy you need to aim with it unlike most other melee weapons, as for to make life easier: auto target = byebye "so called buggy hitboxes"

I potatoed my Gram, Dual Ethers and Glaive, because those seemed to be the most worthy melee weapons to do so.

Gram because it was my go to heavy weapon (i seem to be the only person on the planet who isn't wowed away by the Galatine), Dual Ether because they used to be the most usefull dual weapons thanks to their armor ignoring quality and the Glaive because... well i have a soft spot for it.

They aint that buggy you need to aim with it unlike most other melee weapons, as for to make life easier: auto target = byebye "so called buggy hitboxes"

You are right. I have to aim very closely and even more when using smoke screen or invisibility, but why should I bother in a chaotic melee? I swing the whole thing arround and have the same hitbox like Skana Prime charge attack, which looks cool like a real katana slash but is bothersome to use, too.

I don't like auto targeting systems, so I guess the scoliac is no option for me for the time being.