Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

Lets see, I did over 250 runs. So if every 5 runs gives you a Harvest mark, I should have had 50 ecounters. 

I've only had 6. 

Keep in mind, it only took 100 runs to get the Brakk. And the Brakk was a Guaranteed reward as long as you did at least 100 runs. 

Fix this, DE.

No wait you misunderstood, I think that you get the mark as soon as you reach 5 missions for one side, which grant you the battle pay when the node is over..the missions you do after 5 on the same side don't increase the spawn rate or don't give you further marks.

This is just speculation of course but it could make sense, so you don't have to wait until the invasion is over.

No wait you misunderstood, I think that you get the mark as soon as you reach 5 missions for one side, which grant you the battle pay when the node is over..the missions you do after 5 on the same side don't increase the spawn rate or don't give you further marks.

This is just speculation of course but it could make sense, so you don't have to wait until the invasion is over.

If you're right, I have even more reason to hate the way harvester is set up. Players should be rewarded for EVERY mission or set of missions they do. Not just the first 5. 

If it's only the first 5 that count, I'll have to wait for more invasions to pop up, making this more time consuming than it needs to be. 

This is essentialy like waiting for Vauban Alerts except that even once to opportunity arises, you have to battle the RNG to get the part(s) you need. And instead of doing 1 mission, you  have to do at least 5 per part and then do other missions until Harvester FINALLY attacks you.And then there's the risk of the game crashing and you losing the Harvest mark without getting a single drop. 

You heard it here first folks, Farming for the Detron is even worse than Farming for the Brakk and Vauban combined.

We've found so many problems with this, I bet I could write a 5-8 page essay on why it sucks and how to improve it. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Think we should start some sort of petition to get DE change their mind? lol

Just start a big thread in Gameplay Feedback and fill it with suggestions. Pool ideas together. Back each other up some. If you guys focus on it and are willing to compromise with both Goals you know DE has and each other you'll quickly find many good options.

It'll be better then a petition.

Just start a big thread in Gameplay Feedback and fill it with suggestions. Pool ideas together. Back each other up some. If you guys focus on it and are willing to compromise with both Goals you know DE has and each other you'll quickly find many good options.

It'll be better then a petition.

Actually we already did it, I think it was seen by DE and all the possible solutions mentioned by Megan comes from that topic.

Point is that nothing has been done yet.

Anyway, as soon as I'll reach 100 invasion missions on Sedna(60 cureently) I'll write a feedback topic trying to put down some numbers and show how this thing is insane.

I don't want it to be a whining and complaining topic, just a constructive feedback one that will show without easting words how things are in game. Any help will be appreciated!

I suppose it'll take me a couple of days more...

Actually we already did it, I think it was seen by DE and all the possible solutions mentioned by Megan comes from that topic.

Point is that nothing has been done yet.

Anyway, as soon as I'll reach 100 invasion missions on Sedna(60 cureently) I'll write a feedback topic trying to put down some numbers and show how this thing is insane.

I don't want it to be a whining and complaining topic, just a constructive feedback one that will show without easting words how things are in game. Any help will be appreciated!

I suppose it'll take me a couple of days more...

You know terrible things happen when a woman gets mad...

I have a thought. What about adding information about spawning the Harvester (as well as the Stalker) into the Codex? It would preserve the mystery and randomness somewhat, but let people who have spawned them several times to know how to do it faster.

I have a thought. What about adding information about spawning the Harvester (as well as the Stalker) into the Codex? It would preserve the mystery and randomness somewhat, but let people who have spawned them several times to know how to do it faster.

While personally I think this is a great idea, DE has proven to be very touchy in regards revealing any information about RNG subjects, even through the Codex (which is what it was designed for; the very thing you're suggesting). I'd love to see this and other things like it happen, but something tells me they simply aren't going to. I'll believe otherwise when I see it.

While personally I think this is a great idea, DE has proven to be very touchy in regards revealing any information about RNG subjects, even through the Codex (which is what it was designed for; the very thing you're suggesting). I'd love to see this and other things like it happen, but something tells me they simply aren't going to. I'll believe otherwise when I see it.

They don't need to go into too much detail. Just something like 'The Harvester pursues Tenno who support the Grineer over the Corpus' Or 'The Harvester pursues Tenno who have been rewarded for supporting the Grineer over the Corpus'.

They don't need to go into too much detail. Just something like 'The Harvester pursues Tenno who support the Grineer over the Corpus' Or 'The Harvester pursues Tenno who have been rewarded for supporting the Grineer over the Corpus'.

What I'm afraid of is they'd make it even more vague than that. You could tell by the look on Steve's face how apprehensive he was about revealing even just that little bit of info during the livestream. It's just they've really started to lose my trust in them on this whole issue, and I hope one day they prove me wrong.

What I'm afraid of is they'd make it even more vague than that. You could tell by the look on Steve's face how apprehensive he was about revealing even just that little bit of info during the livestream. It's just they've really started to lose my trust in them on this whole issue, and I hope one day they prove me wrong.

Roll da DJ

I just made a post about this, but i was farming Xini on Eris i believe, not sure what planet but you all know what place im talking about and i was with my friend. It was just the two of us, we hit wave thirty (we're killing corpus btw) and zanuka popped up mid wave, i have no proof i didn't take a screen shot cause i don't know how to. So what i got from it is go into endless defense and kill corpus or let alone anything detrimental to the corpus faction will anger him and make him come find you. 

I'm pretty affraid that since the Livestream 20 you'r not the only one.

Also, i'm pretty disturbing about why he didn't want to give some info, we are the players, we didn't get the right to know how search something in the game ?