Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

warhammer-ugly.

Non-believer!!

Though Alien™ ships are the best in this thread yet

But I still think that their ships should look like they took whatever they could scavenge with a working engine and soldered on anything they could to get the capacity/armor/stuff. 

Or maybe a ship they stole/invaded?

Edited by CapricaSix

Now I don’t mean cartoonish sailors who talk like "YARR, AVAST YE MATEYS HOIST THE MAIN SAIL" and have parrots and frilly clothes. No, I mean space bandits, thieves and murderers.

These space pirates would often be found having forcefully boarded other spaceships,

This gives us an opportunity to see friendly space stations, and these missions would usually be Exterminate.

You know how Lotus will sometimes change your objective? Pirates will change your mission too. Every so often, some unlucky bunch of pirates will get the dim-witted idea to try to take over a ship with YOU onboard, in the middle of your mission.

Your objective would usually stay the same when this happens, but it would certainly spice things up to have pirates shooting up the place in a hectic 3-way fight

Also there would be missions where you board the pirate’s ships directly, which would be rusty, scrappy metal ships. These levels could have most of the standard mission types.

These pirates would use mostly light armor, sometimes heavy, and would possibly have a few more melee units than your typical enemy group. They would come with their own new weapons too. Some of which you could buy in the store or craft. I’m still not sure what exact types of weapons they should use, but they definitely need to have some of their own weapons, though others could obviously be stolen.

Something else that could be a good idea with Pirates would be a fix to the Alloy Plate issue.  What if we could raid space Pirates and get bonus crafting rewards for doing it?

Something else that could be a good idea with Pirates would be a fix to the Alloy Plate issue.  What if we could raid space Pirates and get bonus crafting rewards for doing it?

I think something like that was suggested at some point. But Vard didn't bother to update the OP.

Non-believer!!

Though Alien™ ships are the best in this thread yet

Or maybe a ship they stole/invaded?

Then we would just see usual corpus/grineer ships, eh :/

Edited by GTG3000

space pirates sound awesome to me.... like they have asteroid bases or something, it should be less planet based for them.... only alert missions would be realistic, but a lot of them(alert missions with Space pirates)

Asteroid bases? Like, say, Grineer has?

Then we would just see usual corpus/grineer ships, eh :/

Well, I'm just assuming there's more to it than just the tenno/corpus/grineer/infested, and maybe we just didn't explore that far yet. Plus they're pirates, who knows what nasty alien galaxy they've been to. Just a thought

Just to let you know this is one of the best games evvaaaahhh

lol good old days, and C&C tiberium sun/war ship is just as good +1

idk but there has to be someone that can paint :)

There's a plenty in fanzone. But how do we get them to help our cause? Not like they are interested, otherwise they'd be here already. 

Well, I'm just assuming there's more to it than just the tenno/corpus/grineer/infested, and maybe we just didn't explore that far yet. Plus they're pirates, who knows what nasty alien galaxy they've been to. Just a thought

lol good old days, and C&C tiberium sun/war ship is just as good +1

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. If you recall, earlier I suggested that pirates are actually remnants of the only faction of humans, that weren't controlled by Corpus or conquered by grineer. So they could have vessels, that look semi-luxurious, but with a great amount of "this was slapped and welded together to actually work as needed" to them.

Given the current style of the game and past history as to what pirates really were in the past and still are today, pirates in WF would probably be as follows:

1. Ex-military

2. Oppressed

3. Well-organized

4. Focused on boarding parties

Pirates don't target military vessels for obvious reasons.  They don't carry a whole lot of money and put up a better fight than trading vessels do.  As such, the pirates would probably focus much more heavily on attacking Corpus than Grineer.  They'd probably have some jury-rigged EMP's for use against MOAs.  They'd also probably carry a primary shotgun and a secondary pistol such as the Lex, since they'll likely be in close proximity to each other and they don't particularly care if they tear up the ship they're boarding but still have some effectiveness if shooting across a room.

Given that rapid interplanetary travel is possible via the Solar Rail Network, they'd probably opt to steal the resources aboard the ship rather than ransom it.  As such, their ships would probably be stripped down, cramped things able to either disable the engines of other ships or be able to catch up with them.  The first option is probably easier to pull off.  Given the style of their ships, they'd have an advantage when defending due to how useful shotguns are under those conditions.

Regarding armor, they'd probably have medium armor.  Obviously not the exo-suits the Grineer have, but probably a bit more durable than the body of Corpus crew.  These are ex-military personnel after all.  They wouldn't feel comfortable in battle without some sort of it.  Everything they use is likely cobbled together, though there should be under rare circumstances a brand new X where the pirates bought something outright.

Regarding unit types:

Pirate Boarder: medium armor, Strun and Lex, EMP grenades

Pirate Rider: a Boarder riding a modified Shockwave/Railgun MOA (probably would look a bit like an AT-RT)

Pirate Heavy Gunner: heavy armor carrying the gun from Drones

SOOOOOOOOOOoooooo, have you seen that Scorpion?
Feels a bit like my entry in this topic right?

"Havoc:
Female pirate - agile, wallruns. Submachine gun.
Has a "lasso" attack that wraps around your feet and draws you near for a big melee hit. If lassoed you end up lying on the floor as you do when you're down - you can use your secondary to take down Havoc."

At least the lasso/grapling hook :)

Edited by Lactamid