The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Soundtrack Monotony

ChillThiz

I've been following this forum for quite a while and surprisingly i haven't seen anyone mentioning something about the lack of soundtracks diversity in this game.

When i first started to play this game, the soundtrack at login where you hear the drums was cool and i thought it would get better, but it didn't. After a few hours my mind just went blank and i turned off the music ever since and play my own music playlist to fill the gap.

I remember playing Halo and was pumped up while fighting hordes of enemies together with epic background music and i really miss that in this game. Its just the same repetitive sounds of drums all the time.

In short, add more soundtracks to the game pls!

I've been following this forum for quite a while and surprisingly i haven't seen anyone mentioning something about the lack of soundtracks diversity in this game.

When i first started to play this game, the soundtrack at login where you hear the drums was cool and i thought it would get better, but it didn't. After a few hours my mind just went blank and i turned off the music ever since and play my own music playlist to fill the gap.

I remember playing Halo and was pumped up while fighting hordes of enemies together with epic background music and i really miss that in this game. Its just the same repetitive sounds of drums all the time.

In short, add more soundtracks to the game pls!

Dude, You just said everything that was on my mind, a shooter game MUST have Soundtracks

Edited by Suginma

I really think Warframe could do with some electro-industrial (Haujobb-ish) with some light power noise influences to retain the "traditionalist" sounding Japanese drums without having them feel out of place.

And it just so happens that I'm an electronic musician with a strong background in these two genres. So, y'know, I could make it, DE...

Personally, I just mute that S#&$ and turn on itunes. Game soundtracks usually suck.

You must not have listened to the right ones, then...

Symphony of the Night

Super Metroid

Metroid Prime

Edited by Braken

Yup, more music will be added to the game this year.

I just suggest you don't take player suggestion into account when making such soundtrack (Feel the hypocrisy). Opinions seems to be as far away from eachother that you'll probably end up with the with the full spectrum of music in the face of the earth. I'v seen people suggest Metal, Rock, Dubstep, and "Epic" each for the same thing. The music might be the only part of this game i kind of wish you try and really make a new and unique thing instead of setting Virus as an element because Warframe feels like it needs to be "special".

Although again, with that in mind, Taiko Drums are not exactly that awesome. They're cool as a drum set, but like a drum set a music will be extremely repetitive if made only out of that. I'm not going to PRETEND i know what you should be doing in the musical room, god knows i'm no composer, but for the love of god please make more tones then "Sneaking" and "Combat", because i know the dev teams wants to make a game that is nothing BUT Sneaking and Combat, but if you can, please sneak some Exploration and maybe Diplomacy in there at least in the hopes that the dev team can be inspired to do anything other then "Shoot the bad guy" for 5 seconds. (Incidentally, "Creepy" and "Eerie" doesn't count as musical tones. I'm kind of hoping i can hear the themes in my car once it's done.) (Also do notice that i'm using a language of communication composed entirely of "I don't know how to make music", feel free to disregard everything if you feel i'm talking out of my bum.)

Edited by ReiganCross