The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: A Scythe

Vard

a scythe melee weapon would be awesome

its main purpose would be a MASSIVE cleave area.

and maybe it could have mods where melee attacks restore the players health or shields?

Fitting it on the player could look akward, so perhaps it could fold

Comments? Concerns? Critique?

Not really, as far as fantasy weapons go there are few more ridiculous or less deadly in action then a guy swinging a scythe.

Might as well put a big fish hook on a stick and waggle it about in combat.

That is something that looks much better in Anime then it would actually being used. It is a goofy weapon.

That said, I don't particularly care what weapons they put in.

I'll give you this - If you knuckleheads get a silly Scythe then I can get some goddamn Nunchuks.

Deal?

Edited by Blatantfool

Not so sure I agree with the "massive cleave" part, both for logic and game balance. Maybe it functioned like the Bo, using the back side instead of the blade, and perhaps used the blade for a single-target heavy attack / stealth kill? Either way, I like the idea of the scythe. If you're talking about multiple targets though, perhaps take a look at Shuhei Hisagi Kazeshini's zanpakuto in bleach. Fast attacks that could be spread around, and the bladed edge doesn't seem as "goofy" to some. (ever seen a kukri, fool?) No more absurd looking than the "Dagger Axe" skin for the scindo, just sayin.

a scythe melee weapon would be awesome

its main purpose would be a MASSIVE cleave area.

and maybe it could have mods where melee attacks restore the players health or shields?

Fitting it on the player could look akward, so perhaps it could fold

Comments? Concerns? Critique?

Critique. You make a thread about a weapon and post it in gameplay feedback. Wrong section! Second, it seems you havent read the already existing thread in this section.

But I actually would love to see a scythe. Since the new fangs are extreme fast close range weapons, I think its time for a bigger long range weapon.

I had something like this in mind:

Ice_scythe_by_NaruXIno_FAN31.jpg

Not really, as far as fantasy weapons go there are few more ridiculous or less deadly in action then a guy swinging a scythe.

Might as well put a big fish hook on a stick and waggle it about in combat.

That is something that looks much better in Anime then it would actually being used. It is a goofy weapon.

That said, I don't particularly care what weapons they put in.

I'll give you this - If you knuckleheads get a silly Scythe then I can get some goddamn Nunchuks.

Deal?

I'd love both, so sounds like a deal :D.

Edited by comeonandslam

Critique. You make a thread about a weapon and post it in gameplay feedback. Wrong section! Second, it seems you havent read the already existing thread in this section.

But I actually would love to see a scythe. Since the new fangs are extreme fast close range weapons, I think its time for a bigger long range weapon.

I had something like this in mind:

Ice_scythe_by_NaruXIno_FAN31.jpg

You realize how massively unweildy a weapon like that would be? Your Tenno would look like a bit of an &#! trying to snag someone in that blade.

Sure you don't want to lean more in the direction of a Halberd or Poleaxe like weapon? It'd be the same thing without the cartoonishly awkward pointy end.

A scythe in this game should be very fluid and fast phased to make it ascetically appeasing. I swear if one was to be implemented that's slow hitting with now flashiness to it, well... then it's probably best not to be implemented at all.

Edited by Ambience

A scythe in this game should be very fluid and fast phased to make it ascetically appeasing. I swear if one was to be implemented that's slow hitting with now flashiness to it, well... then it's probably best not to be implemented at all.

There is nothing you could do to make an awkwardly shaped weapon like a Scythe a fast weapon.

Really. I'm serious. Of all the reoccuring weapons you see in fantasy games the Scythe really is among the silliest. The blade is just weird. It is like having a giant fish hook. The most dangerous part of your weapon only connects properly if you snag the enemy.

If they added it and it wasn't a slower weapon then it'd be Anime levels of silly.

Honestly I say ditch the Cleave and do something different. We have cleave weapons already and they are pretty damn good weapons. If you want a weapon like a scythe or poleaxe then instead of big cleaving attacks make the normal swings hit twice. Three swings connect six times. It offsets its own slow attack speed by being so hard hitting.

There is nothing you could do to make an awkwardly shaped weapon like a Scythe a fast weapon.

Really. I'm serious. Of all the reoccuring weapons you see in fantasy games the Scythe really is among the silliest. The blade is just weird. It is like having a giant fish hook. The most dangerous part of your weapon only connects properly if you snag the enemy.

If they added it and it wasn't a slower weapon then it'd be Anime levels of silly.

Honestly I say ditch the Cleave and do something different. We have cleave weapons already and they are pretty damn good weapons. If you want a weapon like a scythe or poleaxe then instead of big cleaving attacks make the normal swings hit twice. Three swings connect six times. It offsets its own slow attack speed by being so hard hitting.

It's possible, but not in Warframe imo. It's not about being silly, it's about the visual eye candy... hell your practically space ninjas running on walls and that's already silly enough. In a hack n slash like DMC or Darksiders it makes sense but, since Warframe is not about hack n slash it's best for a small dual handed scythe or something.

Edited by Ambience

It really isn't that strange. Historically ninjas were known for using improvised weapons like sickles so they could disguise themselves as farmers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja#Weaponry. A scythe is just a big sickle. Obviously we aren't fooling anyone on a grineer ship, but it would make sense as a more traditional or ceremonial weapon. Don't forget that the purpose of many real life weapons is intimidation moreso than actual practicality in combat and a scythe is pretty goddamn intimidating (AKA it looks cool).

a scythe would totaly be a good weapon for this universe.

many of you say "its unwieldy , not gona be easy to cut with "

how exactly do you think the tenno handle the cindo... thats not a toothpick either.

a scythe wielded right would not require strength but momentum.

you start swinging at speed of cindo and with each attack it becomes faster and clieve a larger area

as the user now has momentum to do the "rediculous" swings a battle scythe should do.

with twirls and spins and such.

Edited by TisEric

• 3 weeks later...

So they added a small weapon(Fang) a normal one(Mire) and a new skin for the hammer, it's about time for a new two handed weapon and guess what is the game missing? A scythe, could be an infested scythe as i see they started with infested weapons(Mire), might aswell continue with the scythe, or could be Tenno design.

Scythes? lame? tell that to the RWBY crew

(badass pic of Ruby)

I do like the idea of a Guan Dao though.

If they put in a gun-scythe I dont think I'd ever use any other weapon for a while. If anything at least put in a naginata or something :D

EDIT: I also second the kusarigama idea....or dual kamas....or any of the weapons from ninja gaiden....or dynasty warriors

Edited by caboosetheawsum

A scythe sounds cool, go around collecting some infested souls 5+ at a time, and we already have melee weapons that look weird on warframes. Saryn with a giant Scindo just looks funny since it sticks out instead of going down her back.

And why does a weapon have to make all that much sense?

Afterall we are space ninja robots(kinda) essentially. Whats wrong with wielding impracticle weapons when they would look cool?