The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Booben Megathread

SniffYoBunnies

Wait I'm confused what the heck is a "Booben"? 

I would like enlightenment too. Who/what is the great "Booben"?

Someone who presumably doesn't speak English very well posted a topic in General Discussion asking "how Booben was formed." It's locked due to derail, now...

After much discussion, it was discovered he meant Vauban, and was asking how to get him. And because forums are populated by people with rather undistinguished senses of humor... it was an instant hit.

Edited by Siubijeni

Someone who presumably doesn't speak English very well posted a topic in General Discussion asking "how Booben was formed." It's locked due to derail, now...

After much discussion, it was discovered he meant Vauban, and was asking how to get him. And because forums are populated by people with rather undistinguished senses of humor... it was an instant hit.

He spoke english full and well, he made a meme reference and it was meant as a childish joke but it actually caught on. Look up how is babby formed.

Edited by Zulaica

He spoke english full and well, he made a meme reference and it was meant as a childish joke but it actually caught on. Look up how is babby formed.

Mmmm.... no, I don't think he did. His grammar was terrible, as was his vocabulary. And I think the original poster really thought it was Booben. But you were the one who started the conspiracy theories in that other thread, too, iirc. So I'll leave you to your opinions.

Edited by Letter13
Keep it civil.

Mmmm.... no, I don't think he did. His grammar was terrible, as was his vocabulary. And I think the original poster really thought it was Booben. But you were the one who started the conspiracy theories in that other thread, too, iirc. So I'll leave you to your delusions.

Regarding the terrible grammar thing its PART of the meme, why don't you look these things up before smarting off? Edited by Letter13
Keep it civil, for Booben.

Regarding the terrible grammar thing its PART of the meme, why don't you look these things up before smarting off?

Uh, you guys made it a meme. Not him. It's part of the meme now, but you can hardly justify things retroactively. As was pointed out there, the whole thing might have been an act for amusement, but there's no way to anticipate how the forums will react. Given how many posts and people on here I've seen with a less-than-stellar grasp of English, I'm inclined to believe it was an honest mistake until proven otherwise.

@Letter13, "delusions" is civil. There are a million worse words that could have fit there. "Opinions" is accurate, but "delusions" is more accurate because no one agreed with him there, either (some people acknowledged the possibility, but no one thought it was likely)--yet he's treating that theory like fact.