Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

14 Impact,1 Puncture,1 Slash = ? (Wraith Twin Vipers)

Sebastianx

If im reading the Damage 2.0 numbers correctly then if Impact is a neutral damage type then puncture is slightly better. +15 to alloy, and +50 to ferrite, but keep in mind its not actually weak against Cloned Flesh and Machinery, but does 100% damage to them apposed to the 150% of ferrite and 115% of alloy.

That being sait the only bonus Impact has is a bonus 25% to machinery. making it a total of 125% damage versus machines. and the basic 100% damage which i remind you is neither a weakness or a strength against other types. all in all they're both really neutral, just puncture has a little more. Slash  however has those painful to see -50% and -15%s.......

Corrosive Damage and Radiation damage types are also lacking in a -blah blah weakness and are all pro with no con. and if you can get both on a weapon with puncture damage there is no need to ever change your mods or weapon. but as of now. Impact is holding the Viper Wraith back. and if we had more than a 1 slash, 1 puncture to work with we could possible mod our way out of it without relying on elemental mod hand holding.

You guys are getting a little too hung up on the Impact damage.

The Akviper Wraith has 16 physical damage, all tallied up. This, coupled with the 40-round mag and high fire rate, means that you can turn this into the machine pistol equivalent of the Karak. And what is the Karak good at? Elemental damage setups.

Sure, it's going to need some Forma, but that's nothing a 40-minute T3 survival run can't take care of.

Also, I took unleveled Wraith Twin Vipers with my to Mars. They were chewing up the Infested real good.

I suspect I'm going to enjoy leveling this new weapon.

Now all I need is a Karak Wraith for a full set of Wraith weapons...

You guys are getting a little too hung up on the Impact damage.

The Akviper Wraith has 16 physical damage, all tallied up. This, coupled with the 40-round mag and high fire rate, means that you can turn this into the machine pistol equivalent of the Karak. And what is the Karak good at? Elemental damage setups.

Sure, it's going to need some Forma, but that's nothing a 40-minute T3 survival run can't take care of.

Also, I took unleveled Wraith Twin Vipers with my to Mars. They were chewing up the Infested real good.

I suspect I'm going to enjoy leveling this new weapon.

Now all I need is a Karak Wraith for a full set of Wraith weapons...

I actually Agree, I just thought they should know the numbers before they talk about the damage types and how they actually work. but the 16 base damage and 18% crit can make a hellish crit/elemental damage build. if your willing to forma them.

I actually Agree, I just thought they should know the numbers before they talk about the damage types and how they actually work. but the 16 base damage and 18% crit can make a hellish crit/elemental damage build. if your willing to forma them.

Exactly. I mean, if you looked at it's stats, you'd probably dismiss the Karak's damage potential (I know I did), but then you look at the numbers and try it out, and realise holy S#&$, even if the damage type isn't ideal, this thing is putting the hurt on through rate of fire and elemental damage. Same thing with the Wraith Akviper.

Plus, the reduced recoil and spread means you can skip Steady Hands, which means another slot free for another mod...

Edited by WhiskeyGolf

Name :: Wraith Twin Vipers (3 Forma)

Mods (All max) ::

Hornet Strike

Barrel Diffusion

Lethal Torrent

Pistol Pestilence

Deep Freeze

Ice Storm

Gunslinger

Pathogen Rounds

Raw Damage Per Second :: 16354.7

Raw Burst Damage Per Second :: 46578.293

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner :: 0.467 seconds
Time to Kill a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient :: 0.395 seconds
Time to Kill a lvl 100 Corpus Tech :: 0.683 seconds
Time to Kill a lvl 100 Fusion Moa :: 0.575 seconds

Unless your weapon deals Puncture, you're talking about band-aid mods on a non-Pucture weapon just to bring them up to the default level of that weapon.

Impact sucks.

Slash sucks.

Puncture does not.

Corrosive? Corrosive is the only damage type worse than Puncture. It has no negative side effect against two out of the three factions, and whenever it deals bonus damage it is always a whooping 75%. Plus it has an essential Status Effect.

Puncture base+modded Corrosive is the new Armour Ignore. Everything else is sub-par...

The only thing that you missed in all your smartness is that only Grineer have Armor.....

The only thing that you missed in all your smartness is that only Grineer have Armor.....

Also that they have two types of armor.. The true heavy units are not weak to corrosive other than the proc and.. doesn't that proc have a 6 second cool down per unit making it really only effect a unit once?

Actually...

Corpus bosses have Armour.

Infested bosses have Armour.

Corpus Robotics have Armour.*

Infested Ancients have Armour.*

*they have don't have Armoured Health bars, but they take extra damage from anti-Armour damage types as if they had.

Edited by Brimir

Considering I already loved the Twin Vipers, and these are just better in every way (unless some people care about slash damage), I'm pretty darn satisfied.

It's not game-breakingly overpowered like the Strun Wraith was, but it's enough of an upgrade to make it worthwhile to use.

Considering I already loved the Twin Vipers, and these are just better in every way (unless some people care about slash damage), I'm pretty darn satisfied.

It's not game-breakingly overpowered like the Strun Wraith was, but it's enough of an upgrade to make it worthwhile to use.

Which sucks, because Strun Wraith was just last maybe 30 minutes in a new survival, but these were farm up plants in a new tile-set that made using the codex scanner awful, and then craft a 100 point antitoxin and hope the PuG/team you ran with could handle Grineer going from level 16 to level 36 and then making it to extraction without dying. Not to mention the fear of disconnects. So for all the effort put in, they suck &#! compared to the Strun Wraith.

edit: Spelling issues.

Edited by NalkorRN

They suck compared to the original or the nerfed Strun Wraith we have now?

considering the amount of buff the current strun wraith has over the strun even after nerf the vipers wraith buff is tiny.

But I believe this is due to the strun being quite a weak gun to begin with that was buffed to be one of the best shotguns in game, where as the standard vipers are quite good to begin with, and if they did the same level of buff they would be most likely OP.

however the wraith vipers could still have done with some more buffs such as reduced reload time and such.