Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Massive Crit Damage

Ground.Zero

Does anyone else randomly get crit damage way above their usual crits?

For example, i'll usually crit between 5-8k with a semi-decent vectis build, but then out of nowhere I'll randomly do 22k, 44k or the record so far; 120k crits without any warning, or anything affecting the mob.

Same with synapse, I'll normally do 300-600 ticks with my current build, and then randomly a few 3k's and 6k's will jump in there.

Same with all weapons actually, every now and then I'll do a massive crit way above the normal critical damage. 

What's that about? 

Edited by Ground.Zero

Banshee supposedly has a skill that "reveals" critical weak spots on an enemy. This either means all enemies have a randomly generated critical weapon spot, in additional to the default "head" spot, or Banshee's ability generates a new critical spot on enemies. If it's the prior, that means you may be hitting criticals on that secondary critical spot. If that's possible, I wonder if it's also possible that an enemy's secondary critical spot could be generated in the same position as the default "head" box. If it can, that may be what allows a critical shot there to be exponentially more powerful.

Ryme, on 09 Jan 2014 - 3:03 PM, said:

Banshee supposedly has a skill that "reveals" critical weak spots on an enemy. This either means all enemies have a randomly generated critical weapon spot, in additional to the default "head" spot, or Banshee's ability generates a new critical spot on enemies.

Banshee just adds weak points. Nothing is "revealed". This is obvious if you watch what happens on a recast. The weak spots move. Edited by Brasten

Unmodded Aklex did a 22k crit on an Infested Ancient from out of nowhere. Not sure if there's a bug within the damage calculations, or if there's some sort of hidden crazy crit multiplier mechanic no one has discovered.

Edited by Ryme