Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Unintended Ground Finisher, Please

ntyd1s

Ground Finisher animation is slow with clumsy control trigger, unreliable collision and no better damage than normal-stance attack. Here are my suggestions for the change:

- increase the damage by about 5 times to make it worth the risk

- triggered only by looking/zooming at the target in low angle (beyond 60 degrees?) or not triggered while holding crouch/sprint

I think looking at the target specifically would be best. It's kind of hard trying to advance after a ground pound sometimes and then going into a finisher.

It's even more frustrating when you're in a conclave trying to pound and then run but you end up finishing the floor instead.

I am fairly sure my Orthos has never connected a finisher in the entire time I have had it. I wish I was exaggerating >.>
I've also noticed that some of the other types have waaaaayyy more reliable finishers. Never missed with the Zoren/Kamas.

I feel like before U9, you actually had to look at the guy to do a finisher. I remember doing the ground slams with my shiny new Cronus, wondering why I couldn't do awesome finishers (on lowbies) and discovering having to look at the guy. I don't know when they got rid of this (I'm not sure if it really existed since I've always built for charge DPS and it was 10 months ago) or why, since it felt smooth back in the day and your finisher would lock on the enemy (instead of falling short or just missing).

Also agree that finishers (and Finishing Touch) should do a lot more damage.