Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova

Finaros

Obviously people want to nerf the damage or the radius of MP. 

I'm okay with the radius but damage has to stay.

The damage could be halved and it would still be more useful of a Ulti than most Ulti in the game, her true AoE is not her 4 its her 2.

Edited by Makya

The reason people are so annoyed at Novas are because they make the game so boring, and also making it hard to rank up your weapons. She is, by a titanic margin, the biggest "no fun allowed" frame. Maybe it's fine to mash 4 while people are watching a movie or something, but it just trivializes the game even more than any other ult in the game. If Novas want to go around nuking maps for 30+min, maybe THEY should go solo or something.

umm isn't it the other way around? 

Novas fine with people in their run, people not fine with them. so who should be the one solo? 

Also, 30+ min mean it harder to solo, while anything below that is easy. 

Just because a frames is considered no fun at low lvl, doesnt mean that frame should be nerf. And this is something people need to keep in mind. I could spam ember WoF in low lvl mission and kill every mobs in my way faster than Nova. 

Because Nova power is stationary/ no duration, while ember's power is mobility/ effect by duration, so talk about low level- mid lvl, anyone could spam. 

umm isn't it the other way around? 

Novas fine with people in their run, people not fine with them. so who should be the one solo? 

Also, 30+ min mean it harder to solo, while anything below that is easy. 

Just because a frames is considered no fun at low lvl, doesnt mean that frame should be nerf. And this is something people need to keep in mind. I could spam ember WoF in low lvl mission and kill every mobs in my way faster than Nova. 

Because Nova power is stationary/ no duration, while ember's power is mobility/ effect by duration, so talk about low level- mid lvl, anyone could spam. 

^ this

What about all the other 'press 4 to win' frames? (not defending nova, just more than just her echo that action)

The others have some form of limitation, in a time limit, cast time, small radius, etc. Nova's never wears off, casts fast, does massive damage, ignores obstacles/barriers, and debuffs the enemy by doubling the damage they take and slowing them to a crawl. The biggest complaint against MP is that it does everything that all ults do at the same time with no drawbacks. She has every plausible tool at her disposal in one spammable, map-nuking ability.

The others have some form of limitation, in a time limit, cast time, small radius, etc. Nova's never wears off, casts fast, does massive damage, ignores obstacles/barriers, and debuffs the enemy by doubling the damage they take and slowing them to a crawl. The biggest complaint against MP is that it does everything that all ults do at the same time with no drawbacks. She has every plausible tool at her disposal in one spammable, map-nuking ability.

It does wear off though most die before then, the fast time is similar to Oberon and a similar range, though her Ulti unlike just about any other gives a debuff, and I have said before she could have her damage lowered to 400, a subpar level compared to other damage ulti from it. Also.. Who's ulti cares about LoS other than Excal? The main damage from MPrime is not the ulti itself but the weak targets procing off each other so it works great in groups though as soon as there are more maps with spread out enemies, it becomes vastly weaker.

I could answer this all day

Nova is a dps frame

Nova is a dps frame

Nova is a dps frame

Isn't it obvious her dps should be above other frames, while dps being the top, it doesn't mean she good at def, tanking, or survival either. 

What make her into a massive dps frame is because her power scale. 

Power that doesn't scale such as overload, WoF, crush etc are all useless at some points against mobs. Which is why Nova's power is not the one that need to go, It's other frames need a buff. 

Why is loki master race? (read it from someone's comment)

Apparently all of his abilities scale: decoy, invisibility, switch teleport, radial disarm are all useful and effective no matter what lvl the mobs at. Likewise, Nova's m-prime, Rhino's stomp/ roar, shield polarize, smoke screen work in that same way. 

They are all useful, for different purposes.

Can you imagine a Rhino having the same dps as Nova, while able to tank, nuke mobs, gave dps buff? 

Or a trinity having the same dps as Nova while giving invulnerability, and heal others? 

There is a reason why Nova had her offensive power. She is a pure dps frame. 

I could answer this all day

Nova is a dps frame

Nova is a dps frame

Nova is a dps frame

Isn't it obvious her dps should be above other frames, while dps being the top, it doesn't mean she good at def, tanking, or survival either. 

What make her into a massive dps frame is because her power scale. 

Power that doesn't scale such as overload, WoF, crush etc are all useless at some points against mobs. Which is why Nova's power is not the one that need to go, It's other frames need a buff. 

Why is loki master race? (read it from someone's comment)

Apparently all of his abilities scale: decoy, invisibility, switch teleport, radial disarm are all useful and effective no matter what lvl the mobs at. Likewise, Nova's m-prime, Rhino's stomp/ roar, shield polarize, smoke screen work in that same way. 

They are all useful, for different purposes.

Can you imagine a Rhino having the same dps as Nova, while able to tank, nuke mobs, gave dps buff? 

Or a trinity having the same dps as Nova while giving invulnerability, and heal others? 

There is a reason why Nova had her offensive power. She is a pure dps frame. 

I know she's a DPS frame, but her ultimate isn't limited to just increasing DPS, its also a massive ranged crowd control. I'm not suggesting she have her damage potential removed, I'm just saying she should have to deal with the same quirks as other frames do, maybe get her hands out of the CC cookie jar. She would be just fine with losing the absurd range or ignore LoS(note the or, losing both would be crippling) and not getting the slowdown goodies that would be more appropriate on another frame.

I know she's a DPS frame, but her ultimate isn't limited to just increasing DPS, its also a massive ranged crowd control. I'm not suggesting she have her damage potential removed, I'm just saying she should have to deal with the same quirks as other frames do, maybe get her hands out of the CC cookie jar. She would be just fine with losing the absurd range or ignore LoS(note the or, losing both would be crippling) and not getting the slowdown goodies that would be more appropriate on another frame.

Range is not an argument, here's why: Range contributed differently to different frames. 

Nyx's chaos, Rhino's stomp, shield polarize etc all had the same range as molecular prime (25)

Range can be a disadvantage. Can you imagine a frost having 25m range for snowglobe? How can he protect himself with that ridiculous range while his power is solely for def? 

Vauban's range affect his power strength to hang mobs, so having range doesn't mean it will give him absolute advantage. 

Some abilities doesn't required range, trinity's blessing, renewal, rhino's roar etc, such power had no need for range, it immediately effective no matter where you are. Basically, infinite range. 

Given m-prime with such dps, she still die a lot in some situation where some frames are totally at ease. Loki's invisibility and ash's smoke screen are such example. 

Why is she not a top pick for nightmare mission? Answer is quite obvious

Why is she not a top pick for solo? Obvious answer. 

Not a hate just banging against a wall, its frustrating that DE doesn't want to acknowledge glaring balance issues or too afraid to change because half the playerbase wants to play easy game with god mode on.

I already told myself to get over it and just hope its in the works, but sometimes its hard to resist. 

the problem that i can presume almost or everyone will entirely miss - is the MPrime one-ups all of the other powers in the game. all of the nice things from the other powers on the other frames, MPrime does all at the same time.

powers one-upping the game makes for a balancing nightmare. 

(not that Nova is alone in this, Nekros, Rhino(to some extent), Frost, Trinity/Valkyr(to a small extent) are also in this pool, who have atleast one power that one-ups other parts of the game, or even game mechanics - and therefore throws off  the balance of the game).

Lol I wanna see you chain-kill high level mods on the Void. If you don't bring AMD, your Molecular Prime is nothing but a debuff.

a fair point that he reminds me of - Shield Polarize is similar in terms of Damage dealing when there's Shields around - yet enemies will only take Damage once from the highest Damage source in range. however, targets under the effect of MPrime take all damage, with a 2x multiplier.

this is not to say one or the other should be changed, but it's a fact. 

edit:

let me pre counter the 'glass cannon' arguments. every frame can die in seconds against even decent level enemies if you stand there like a statue. 

so don't. and you won't die, no matter what level the enemy is. 

Edited by taiiat

a fair point that he reminds me of - Shield Polarize is similar in terms of Damage dealing when there's Shields around - yet enemies will only take Damage once from the highest Damage source in range. however, targets under the effect of MPrime take all damage, with a 2x multiplier.

this is not to say one or the other should be changed, but it's a fact. 

Only once.. Rather than nerf MPrime, do you think SPolarize should be edited so it does overlap?

Only once.. Rather than nerf MPrime, do you think SPolarize should be edited so it does overlap?

but it nukes anything with a Shield already. it room wipes harder than anything else(when Shields are present), already. 

and it already costs less Energy. and it already boosts your own teams' Shields.

why would it need to be more powerful?

it already has a downside that is reasonable, that against two of the 4 factions, it's useless.

i also did not say anything about nerfing. you're the one thinking about that. buffing and nerfing mean basically nothing in a Video Game standpoint, because almost all changes don't fall under either category. 

i stated a fact, and you took it as someone attacking you with a 'nerf' comment. 

i see how you think. 

Edited by taiiat

Not a hate just banging against a wall, its frustrating that DE doesn't want to acknowledge glaring balance issues or too afraid to change because half the playerbase wants to play easy game with god mode on.

I already told myself to get over it and just hope its in the works, but sometimes its hard to resist. 

before you frustrate about anything, look at my posts, look at my answers, look at my reasoning, then ask yourself if this is making any sense and why. 

Then maybe DE would actually acknowledge something. Your comments alone without providing any reasons, I doubt that's enough to make game developers to change anything. 

Remember though, nothing is easy mod in survival/ def. If it is easy mode, Nova won't get kill so often, heck maybe she could do any type of missions like Rhino while having ridiculous dps power, now that's easy mode. But she can't. 

There are differences between high damage power and easy mode. 

Edited by SElZE

Lets take this one, Rhino stomp does no where near the damage of Molecular prime. if you use corrupted mods as many Nova players do, Roars becomes usless as a DPS buff, and there is no slow in Rhinos ability. Rhinos max energy pool with mods is 300, Nova has 412. Novas ulti does slow, huge debuff and massive damage and can be cast again and again while previous MP is active, unlike Rhino Stomp.

NO COMPARISON and u shouldn't make one.

Lets take this one, Rhino stomp does no where near the damage of Molecular prime. if you use corrupted mods as many Nova players do, Roars becomes usless as a DPS buff, and there is no slow in Rhinos ability. Rhinos max energy pool with mods is 300, Nova has 412. Novas ulti does slow, huge debuff and massive damage and can be cast again and again while previous MP is active, unlike Rhino Stomp.

NO COMPARISON and u shouldn't make one.

If there is no comparison then Nova is not op, why? Because the definition of op applied when a frames can do anything and still doesn't get toast vs high end lvl in any type of mission

if there is no comparison then 4 novas as an op frames should be capable of doing high lvl survival/ def run without the help of other frames

If in this game, there is only nova, nova can't be op because she got a lot of flaws regarding anything beside damage. 

And as I said before, when you compare something, you don't compare only damage. Did you read my post where I said: what if a rhino had the same dps as Nova? A tank, good in survival, low lvl and mid lvl can't get past iron skin (2nd skill), high damage buff, and now what if you add Nova's dps in Rhino? 

Also aren't you a hypocrite? You told me not to compare. Yet you compared Nova and Rhino, from energy pool, to debuff, to damage and etc.  

How laughable. Practice what you preach. 

Edited by SElZE

..+115% damage is useless?

..Have you seen Stomp?

..To what gain?

Yes, because if you max out the ulti Stomp, as Novas do on MP with a max blind rage then a fleeting expertise so power consumption isn't too high. Roar lasts like a second or 2, so it's usless. Stomp doesn't slow for 60s like MP, it stops for about 11 s, you can't recast stomp while its active or any affected enemies are alive, unlike MP.

using maxed blind rage+fleeting expertise (to add 100% power strength and 60% power efficiency) on a Nova has no negative effect on Null star, Wormhole, AM drop or MP. So none of Novas 4 powers are affected. Unlike other frames.

NOVA is a totally OP frame and only people who play Nova don't seem to be able to see this. I hope if DE see enough threads they will do something about it.

Edited by DaveC