The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Vs Tigris

Voiden.Night

I prefer the Hek. the tigris with the duplex fire mechanism was just annoying. then you have to reload after that. tigris is good for shotgun damage, but even against infested, a gas cloud from the hek is better than the slash damage on the tigris. hek's status chance is its biggest draw, in my opinion. the puncture damage is helpful and differentiates it from other shotguns, but with multishot and the pellet count on the hek, its all about spreading around statuses. its more of a utility than pure damage, but it's a good utility, and I've been using it a lot lately

They're weapons for people who like to use their pistol. You set them up for killing the rare HP sponge and swap to them to blow them over(this IS MY BOOMSTICK!!!), quickly reload, and go back to  your pistols. Tigris is easily one of my favorite weapons just because I find it cool, but right now slash damage isn't particularly great against any of the HP spongy targets so it sits on the shelf and HEK is king with all puncture damage.

You can make both work against regular crew in ships by adding punch-through and firing down the many halls and doors, but I would not take them to the Void or Derelict's open environments, and really you can do that on ships with any weapon. It's more of a workaround than a perk.

Of the two I recommend HEK. Tigirs is a worse damage type, smaller mag, and will probably get a prime that's just flatly better.