Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Those Desparately Seeking Detron

notionphil

Because people got teased, uninformed  and left helpless to progress in getting it. That's pretty much a PR mistake as much as a design one. 

Obviously players only become frustrated when they get teased and then cant obtain something. If Detron didn't exist it would be better, ironically. Or if it was super hard to get but with clear progress, like do every Solar system mission in NM mode (duh that might be too much, just a wild idea, but at least it would be clear how much effort you need with transparent progress indication, its better than doing 100 missions only hoping for a chance and knowing nothing, might need 500 games more... or only 10?)

Don't care for Detron myself as long as its behind fuzzy RNG wall.  But I like the Harvester mission idea(if you lose). 

Here's a hypothetical situation..

> A significant portion of players want Detron because there's nothing else left for them to do

> Complain because it's locked behind 3 RNGs

> DE makes it easier to acquire Detron thanks to sheer amount of whining

> Players acquire Detron

> Those same players continue to whine because now there's absolutely nothing left to do

> Whineframe

> A significant portion of players want Detron because there's nothing else left for them to do

> Players acquire Detron

> Those same players continue to whine because now there's absolutely nothing left to do

> Whineframe

+1 

My reasons to get Detron:

- Radiation damage

- Nice Corpus design ♡ (vegetable > Brakk)

- So far best Corpus secondary out there (no spin up time <> Cestra. good damage output <> Spectra)

- good dps and not OP (<> Brakk, will be nerfed again anyway)

- Perfect addition to my Lanka build ♥.

- Mastery 3000 pts

- Rare

However, I got harvester only 1 time, no Detron drop so far.

I need that gun badly, because Spectra sucks, Cestra has spin up time.

> Players acquire Detron

> Whineframe

You know what that means?

That the game has no goals beside collection for 99% of the players.

> Players acquire Detron

> Whineframe

This yes.

I wish Warframe had a form that could compare in size to Whineframes forum. A forum were instead of a thread opening with a complaint before it gets on with its ideas, It would open with Ideas and skip complaining. A forum were what people wanted new things instead of wanting to complain that things should be removed, or brought to them quicker. I wish threads like this were what gun design I want to see next instead. I want to see a gun that staples living enemies to walls, and after a short time they free themselves! Maybe a electro Boleadoras launcher that slashes burns and crushes your enemies to the walls!

This yes.

I wish Warframe had a form that could compare in size to Whineframes forum. A forum were instead of a thread opening with a complaint before it gets on with its ideas, It would open with Ideas and skip complaining. A forum were what people wanted new things instead of wanting to complain that things should be removed, or brought to them quicker. I wish threads like this were what gun design I want to see next instead. I want to see a gun that staples living enemies to walls, and after a short time they free themselves! Maybe a electro Boleadoras launcher that slashes burns and crushes your enemies to the walls!

Yeah i agree would love to just join one day just one day and see actual suggestions for warframe/weapons and not a constant war between those who want to nerf/whine about every little detail vs those who are opposed to that . I would love to read forum posts that know what they are talking about 

Yeah i agree would love to just join one day just one day and see actual suggestions for warframe/weapons and not a constant war between those who want to nerf/whine about every little detail vs those who are opposed to that . I would love to read forum posts that know what they are talking about 

Check the gameplay feedback forum :)

Or, read my stuff. I don't know what I'm talking about all the time, but at least I make suggestions not rants.

Notionphil's Compendium of Game Mechanics