Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Assault Pods- I'd Give Up Reinforcement Weapons

Brasten

I'd give up more Reinforcement Weapons for more things like the Grineer Assault Pods on Abaddon. These are the kinds of "cool" things that make the game better that shoveling in more copy-paste weapons don't.

If the time that was taken and spent on making all these guns was instead spent on adding more locations for these Assault Pods to SMASH into and deploy Grineer, this game would be in a better state. Everything from Corpus Ships and Cloud Cites, the Desert tiles, and Jungle tiles.

Because this is cool...

Podcrash.jpg

A "Warning, heavy unit approaching" followed by an Assault Pod punching through the wall and deploying a true Grineer Mini-Boss is far better than yet another gun with slightly different and a touch better power-creepy stats.

I'd love the grineer pods to be more involved.

But it really doesn't require the lack of a weapon that week...

you see the person making weapons isn't the person making levels.

Making a gun requires a concept artist, a modeler, an animator, a coder, and someone doing the balance. Many of the people working on gun models and animations, as well as the code to make them work could instead be working on things like the Assault Pods.

So yes. I'd rather DE put their time, effort, and man power into things like the Assault Pods over more guns that we really don't need right now.

Making a gun requires a concept artist, a modeler, an animator, a coder, and someone doing the balance. Many of the people working on gun models and animations, as well as the code to make them work could instead be working on things like the Assault Pods.

Ah yes specificity.

Indeed it takes a multi-discipline team to make anything. Yet who works on what is still even within a discipline is often more specialized than that.

For example" "concept artist-some folks specialize in weapon concepts while others in environment concept.

Those specialties are often what they are hired for and what they are best at bringing to the game.

So again, it doesn't necessarily work in a way that would get you what you want any faster.

So yes. I'd rather DE put their time, effort, and man power into things like the Assault Pods over more guns that we really don't need right now.

How about we just tell them what we want most and let them decide how to prioritize and set up the teams?

while i agree that level 'events' like that are fantastic and more of them being integrated is great - with how Software Pipelines work, those weekly Weapons can be turned out without slowing down the rest of the Development process at all. so there's no real need to stop coming up with new weapons.

and right now, i think i'd rather the level-design section be spending most of their time on the Jungle tiles :p

but that doesn't mean these sorts of 'events' shouldn't be capitalized on.

so there's no real need to stop coming up with new weapons.

There are too many weapons in the game as it is. Too many choices ruins the lot if you really only have 4 that are useful. New weapons should be the last thing that gets worked on for probably the next year, and balance what is already there.

Ronyn already said almost everything i wanted to say, but there is still a little something bugging me :

If the time that was taken and spent on making all these guns was instead spent on adding more locations for these Assault Pods to SMASH into and deploy Grineer, this game would be in a better state.

This kind of thing makes me really mad somehow. Who are you to judge the "state" of the game, like you're speaking for all of us ? 

Who are you to "teach" DE what they should spend their time on ?

Do you even know how the development of a game work ? 

Sometimes peoples forget that we're allowed to give our feedbacks, opinions and advices, because they want to make the game more pleasant to us, but it doesn't mean we can tell them what they can and cannot do. Especially when you don't know a thing about game developement yourself.

There are too many weapons in the game as it is. Too many choices ruins the lot if you really only have 4 that are useful. New weapons should be the last thing that gets worked on for probably the next year, and balance what is already there.

while that may be true - it's a way to keep those people working, so they can legally be paid. if they're sitting around waiting for the rest of the game, they can't be paid. a business can't write off that money being sent to that person as employee payment if that person has not actually done any work.

besides, the wide array of Weapons that we have, is still only barely above the choices most games have. while 500 of each Weapon could certainly be a bit excessive, 30-40 for each group of Equipment is still fine.

while that may be true - it's a way to keep those people working, so they can legally be paid. if they're sitting around waiting for the rest of the game, they can't be paid. a business can't write off that money being sent to that person as employee payment if that person has not actually done any work.

besides, the wide array of Weapons that we have, is still only barely above the choices most games have. while 500 of each Weapon could certainly be a bit excessive, 30-40 for each group of Equipment is still fine.

So DE is supposed to be a form of social assistance? If you have more employees than you do work, you lay off your employees. That's just how it works in a capitalistic world.

As for the array of 30-40 each, literally half that would be optimum. 40 primary, 40 secondary, 40 melee. That's 120 different weapons to consider. That's ridiculous.

So DE is supposed to be a form of social assistance?

no. that's how businesses run. if they don't currently have something for an employee to do, they give them something to do.

this is very common in business. firing half your company if they don't have something to do for a few days would make businesses impossible to run.

so you find something constructive to do that still benefits whatever product your company is making. and everyone wins.