The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hell, De, Why Not. Let Them Buy Exclusives With Platnium.

OriKlein

Even the PS4 guys who couldn't get founder, so they claim, let them have it too.

As well as the PC guys who couldn't get founder, or whomever missed an event, or simply was unable to perform the feat of climbing to the top.

They keep asking for it, so I say, sure, why not, let them have it.

Make it available to them via platinum purchases.

Exclusive event prizes start at 100,000 platinum.

Founders prime gear start at 200,000 platinum.

Every time anyone buys any of those, they go up another 1,000 platinum in price.

This way they have a chance to get it. Yet, Premium remains premium and the items' exclusive value is preserved.

Not to mention, a nice tidy sum into DE's coffers (pizza for everyone!).

Happy Shopping!

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Or why not make exclusive items trad able? Prime chamber is just a mod and that goes for 5k plat, and thats with DE saying they will release again. Now image what Exclusive weapons would trade for!

No.

Trading submits items down to supply, demand and available currency in the economy as well as eroding the value of the item (and income to DE) since the same single item can pass multiple hands for circulating amounts.

This way there is a very steep and binding price tag that cannot be avoided or go below of and it maintains that any new acquisition is equally paid for by the punishment for greed.

As well, the entropy to the item's rarity is countered by its ever rising price.

I'm against exclusives being out there. But I can live with it if it gains DE abhorrent amount of cash, since more or less that cash goes back into the game, so it's an investment the whole lot of us can benefit from.

If anyone is that silly and wanting those items as to spend that kind of money and make Warframe ever richer, then honestly, I say let them go at it. It makes me chuckle.

200,000 Platinum.

Lolerskates.

I think 10,000 - 50,000 to start off would be good.

I might even say 1,000 - 10,000. Because 1,000 Platinum is already a damn $50 in the bucket.

1,000 for a Warframe.

250 for a Weapon.

No, the steep price tag is purposefully high and it should be as such.

Since:

A) We're talking about exclusives to begin with. They're not meant to be in the public domain.

B) If we're compromising their exclusiveness, then their value as rare items still need be somewhat preserved. Being unaffordable unless spent a ridiculous amount of money upon is the core of the idea.

C) Were we to compromise their exclusivity, as someone who objects the very notion, I'm fine with it so long I feel that the greedy are "punished" for their sin and DE makes a good profit off of it (since it means better things for Warframe).

you guys do realize that 6000 plat is close to the equivalent of 300 US dollars, right?

Yes, 4300 plat = $200, I took it into consideration when calculated the desirable price tag; see my aforementioned explanations.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Exclusive event prizes start at 100,000 platinum.

Founders prime gear start at 200,000 platinum.

Every time anyone buys any of those, they go up another 1,000 platinum in price.

Ok, so i did the math, and what you are asking for is that people pay $9,400 for prime gear. You might as well buy your own Devs and make a game yourself off that money. Idk about you, but i am not willing to even consider paying that much for something in a GAME.

No.

Trading submits items down to supply, demand and available currency in the economy as well as eroding the value of the item (and income to DE) since the same single item can pass multiple hands for circulating amounts.

This way there is a very steep and binding price tag that cannot be avoided or go below of and it maintains that any new acquisition is equally paid for by the punishment for greed.

As well, the entropy to the item's rarity is countered by its ever rising price.

I'm against exclusives being out there. But I can live with it if it gains DE abhorrent amount of cash, since more or less that cash goes back into the game, so it's an investment the whole lot of us can benefit from.

If anyone is that silly and wanting those items as to spend that kind of money and make Warframe ever richer, then honestly, I say let them go at it. It makes me chuckle.

Since:

A) We're talking about exclusives to begin with. They're not meant to be in the public domain.

B) If we're compromising their exclusiveness, then their value as rare items still need be somewhat preserved. Being unaffordable unless spent a ridiculous amount of money upon is the core of the idea.

C) Were we to compromise their exclusivity, as someone who objects the very notion, I'm fine with it so long I feel that the greedy are "punished" for their sin and DE makes a good profit off of it (since it means better things for Warframe).

Yes, 4300 plat = $200, I took it into consideration when calculated the desirable price tag; see my aforementioned explanations.

Best Regards,

You would be a great business manager with such a hatred for new customers.

I'd rather not. Making Founder stuff available again would break the promise of founder gear being exclusive.

Then don't give a way for people in the public domain to get them.

[...]

I'm fine with it so long I feel that the greedy are "punished" for their sin and DE makes a good profit of it (since it means better things for Warframe).

See, this shouldn't be the motivation. It's incredibly spiteful in nature and just doesn't reflect well. This would not look very good in the public's eyes (like that one company that has a $14,000 "founder" pack) and more than likely serve to hurt DE.

You say repeatedly that you're pro-exclusivity and yet you're trying to argue how exclusives should be made non-exclusive? Why not just keep exclusive things exclusive and not try to devise ways to further punish/alienate those who don't have the items?

Since:

C) Were we to compromise their exclusivity, as someone who objects the very notion, I'm fine with it so long I feel that the greedy are "punished" for their sin and DE makes a good profit of it (since it means better things for Warframe).

Best Regards,

If u want them to remain fairly exclusive then Start the price at 10k, +250 plat per purchase 100 purchases = 35k for next purches. Because by the sounds of it you are simply talking about giving these items to 3 rich guys at most, vs a possible 200 fairly rich guys. giving de more money this way.

Edited by MindlessWar

I'd rather not. Making Founder stuff available again would break the promise of founder gear being exclusive.

Then don't give a way for people in the public domain to get them.

This would not look very good in the public's eyes (like that one company that has a $14,000 "founder" pack).

See, this shouldn't be the motivation. It's incredibly spiteful in nature and just doesn't reflect well.

The Doge has spoken!

(Though I won't lie, as a Prime Collector... I could care more for the promise.)

Sev1107, on 24 Jan 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Ok, so i did the math, and what you are asking for is that people pay $9,400 for prime gear. You might as well buy your own Devs and make a game yourself off that money. Idk about you, but i am not willing to even consider paying that much for something in a GAME.

Some people do.

Most kickstarters for video games had 2-3 people donating $10,000.

Not to mention, Star Citizen, yieks! (I think I personally poured in there something like 3 grand, damn you Chris Roberts for my happy childhood! XD)

Also, for $10k you couldn't do much more than a RPGMaker llamazery.

Game development for a decent B-title would cost you upwards of $50k-100k at least (not even factoring the additive costs of registering a company name and product trademarks which require lawyer fees and an accountant on retainer).

If u want them to remain fairly exclusive then Start the price at 10k, +250 plat per purchase 100 purchases = 35k for next purches. Because by the sounds of it you are simply talking about giving these items to 3 rich guys at most, vs a possible 200 fairly rich guys. giving de more money this way.

That wouldn't make them exclusive. Not to mention, "fairly" exclusive? That's a paradoxical joke.

There'll be selling like hotcakes. You vastly underestimate the buying power of this playerbase.

And the idea is not to make it accessible to a wide audience to begin with.

Again, "exclusive".

You would be a great business manager with such a hatred for new customers.

Please do not quote an entire block of text just to make a single sentence reply. It is a poor forum netizenship.

New customers can use the regular shop to buy regular things as is available to everyone.

We're aiming at "quality" of dividend, not quantity. Since quantity will inherently devalue the item to begin with and will upset the "legitimate" original owners.

As for my business skills...call me when you actually have one for me to manage. You might be surprised. ;)

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

You're insane.

There is no other way for you to rationalize your crazy prices.

How about Exclusives are exclusive for a reason but if you really really want to have stuff you missed and are in no way entitled to own then pay up...big time.

100k platinum for Event exclusives?

Jesus, are you Insane?

I'm very much content waiting for the Re-release, I'm not in that much of a hurry to drop 14,000$ on a silly ingame gun lol

Besides, Event weapons aren't Exclusive, They never were.

The only stuff that is Guaranteed Exclusive is the Founders gear and Closed Beta stuff.

100k platinum for Event exclusives?

Jesus, are you Insane?

I'm very much content waiting for the Re-release, I'm not in that much of a hurry to drop 14,000$ on a silly ingame gun lol

Besides, Event weapons aren't Exclusive, They never were.

The only stuff that is Guaranteed Exclusive is the Founders gear and Closed Beta stuff.

Which is a bunch of crap.

The Lato and Braton Vandal they can keep, but to exclusive prime gear is very irritating.

Otherwise yeah.