The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Restore Overheat To Ember

NikolaiLev

A fireball that leaves fire would be ridiculously overpowered.

However, doing something like making fireball proc a fire blast if you have Accelerant and/or Overheat on would be neat.

This I can get behind, definitely. I'd be completely okay with replacing Fire Blast with Overheat, and allowing for a Fire Blast sort of effect if you launch a Fireball (or WoF) on an enemy primed with Accelerant.

That's seeming more and more awesome the more I think about it.

I support this. 

Although the argument that she's a caster still stands strong and logical, overheat made her quite unique, versatile and fun to play.

I'd vote for return of Overheat on 2, for 50 energy, with 90% cap and a range debuff for other abilities while it's active.

Accelerant can be merged with fireblast for all I care. Would make a nice kill-cage

• 1 month later...

ember without overheat = a frame that shouldnt even be allowed in lv 30+ missions, much less void...

why? cause without overheat she can't res a downed ally without being mauled herself.

why did they nerf ember. Rhino is the OP one with so much speed/armor/hp/dmg res

Current Ember scales fine (Hint: use Accelerant.)  Accelerant is not only a team-wide damage buff but also provides a quick (chain-able) stun on demand.  Fire blast is pretty lame atm.  Giving Ember better brawling power inside the circle could restore that kind of gameplay for those who miss it on Ember.

This was honestly the most interesting ability of her kit.  It made her into a caster-brawler; she was tanky enough to get into melee range slapfights with enemies while putting out hefty fire damage.  It synergized with her ultimate, and was a useful ability in its own right.

Its replacement, however, is a bland AoE stun with a fire damage multiplier.  I can't even imagine how it could've been more dull.  It doesn't really have a place in her kit; it's just as much an outlier as Fire Blast is.  I suppose it could be useful, but I certainly never find myself using it.  The energy is better left saved to spend on World On Fire.

So I'd like to see Overheat come back.  If Accelerant is to stay, I'd far rather it replace Fire Blast, which is an uninteresting ability largely used for defense missions.  Her playstyle is too mobile to warrant a static ability, so I think Overheat should replace Fire Blast, at its old cost of 50.

meh, accelerant is like u can have radial blind which is best stun on ember. more useful, dont even have to tank, because enemies wont even hit when stunned

ember without overheat = a frame that shouldnt even be allowed in lv 30+ missions, much less void...

why? cause without overheat she can't res a downed ally without being mauled herself.

why did they nerf ember. Rhino is the OP one with so much speed/armor/hp/dmg res

Because DE is bad at balance design?

Better idea: Give Overheat to Saryn (changed damage types, of course) in place of Molt, give Ember more CC on the skills she has.

That's not really interesting at all.  Saryn is already beefy, but that's not the point of her.  Ember had Overheat, but it didn't mean she was a tank.  Pigeonholing both of them into the tank and caster roles respectively is just dull design.

meh, accelerant is like u can have radial blind which is best stun on ember. more useful, dont even have to tank, because enemies wont even hit when stunned

That's not the point.  Besides, it has a range, and lasts far shorter than Overheat did.  Besides, Accelerant is a boring ability.

I miss Overheat. I also liked how it gave a "second skin" appearance I found enjoyable.

Indeed!  It was an awesome ability.  It had indirect synergy with the rest of her kit and was useful on its own.  It allowed her to brawl in melee.  It made Ember a unique and varied frame.  It was excellent.

A suggestion I've heard before bears mentioning -- put a lesser version of Overheat's damage reduction onto World on Fire. That way you're protected a bit when you need it most, but the duration is a lot shorter and expensive so she can't act as a true tank as she was before. Stack Accellerant on top of that and you are a brief but furious god.

Edited by Varzy

Most embers will just press 4 anyways...

Why not give her 5 skills including Overheat to chose from?

Those who want it, can play with it, and those who don't want to, just have the option.

Not a bad idea.  But it'd mean she could replace, say, Fireball with Overheat and things could get messy.

A suggestion I've heard before bears mentioning -- put a lesser version of Overheat's damage reduction onto World on Fire. That way you're protected a bit when you need it most, but the duration is a lot shorter and expensive so she can't act as a true tank as she was before. Stack Accellerant on top of that and you are a brief but furious god.

I don't like it.  It makes WoF too powerful, and it doesn't really change anything but buff Ember (which is not the goal here).  I want Ember to be more fun, not better.  Fire Blast has always been boring to me, while Overheat was interesting and unique.

I think that Overheat should *not* return, but her 2 and 3 need a major rework to make them more viable. Overheat was way too tanky for what she was supposed to be.

Honestly, I'd rather see Accelerant affect combined elements (Blast/Gas/Radiation) in addition to Fire, and then replace Fire Blast with a combined WoF/Overheat ability. A ring that ignites enemies around you, and those enemies within the ring deal reduced damage to you. Something like that.

I don't see how Overheat was "too tanky for what she was supposed to be."  Why does she have to be just a nuker?  As for the last suggestion, the combined elements idea is neat, but the latter one doesn't really bring back the feel of Overheat; being able to deal damage at a very close range while gaining the ability to brawl in melee as a caster.

I loved Ember because she had an active tanking ability that encouraged to get into the fray and beat down enemies with melee, compared to Saryn who had passive tanking that allowed her to make use of Contagion.  This made them both into brawler-casters, yet they remained very distinct.

Now, Ember is just a caster.  She's boring; she has little to distinguish her from Nova, except she has less mobility, less CC and less damage.

Edited by NikolaiLev

Now, Ember is just a caster.  She's boring; she has little to distinguish her from Nova, except she has less mobility, less CC and less damage.

Frames don't have roles in this game; everyone shoots things.  Frame abilities are for fun, flavor, and cheese.  Also you can't compare any frame to Nova; she is the best at all "roles."

Agreed. Though why sac any skill at all? Remember when the mod card system first came out? Remember how the devs said out loud in the stream that with mod cards, its possible to allow Warframes to have more than 4 skills, for deeper customization? I certainly remember. Ember can just be the first frame to have 5 skills.

I agree that overheat really was great.  I would take that over accelerant (or fireball for that matter) anytime.

This. I used to love Ember, but since they removed her Overheat ability, I quit using her. She is nerfed beyond use in my opinion.

Most embers will just press 4 anyways...

Why not give her 5 skills including Overheat to chose from?

Those who want it, can play with it, and those who don't want to, just have the option.

THIS ! 

I never understood why they totally removed the ability instead of giving the choice between it and Accelerant. 

THIS ! 

I never understood why they totally removed the ability instead of giving the choice between it and Accelerant. 

They didnt want her to be tanky, cant be allowed to compete with Rhino! 

If there was a choice from 5 abilities everyone would replace fireball and fireblast anyway. 

You know what? I play only with Accelerant and Fireball. It is fun gameplay. Just pressing 4 and occasionally 2 is just lame. Nowadays every averange player just wants to throw out ultimates and whines that the game is either too easy or too simple.

With enough Power Strength, fireball is like a mini-ogris.

However, I'd really like to have overheat back. Truth to be told: I'd replace fireblast (or maybe another mod, because I forma'd two ailities out of her xD), because I just want to jump arround and throw fireballs. Overheat would help me a bit at higher missions.

But it's not that it is such a must-have. It helps the lazy player the most. Thinking about that, maybe I don't want it back really...

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Its replacement, however, is a bland AoE stun with a fire damage multiplier.  I can't even imagine how it could've been more dull.  It doesn't really have a place in her kit; it's just as much an outlier as Fire Blast is.  I suppose it could be useful, but I certainly never find myself using it.  The energy is better left saved to spend on World On Fire.

a "bland" fire damage multiplier in a fire based damage dealer? i don't get how this could be useful...

oh wait maybe if you fire it before world in flames to multiply the damage of your best skill and give it better scaling with tougher enemies...

considering you may already have a power range build it....

nah using your brain  is too mainstream

edit:

instead of giving the choice between it and Accelerant. 

this i kinda agree if you have more abilities and have to choose the ones for each mission type the game would be much more complex, and fun

Edited by Edgedemon

hey Digital Extremes. if you reading this.

i want to play ember prime end game. MAKE IT SO EMBER CAN DO SOMETHING ENDGAME.

cause i'm tired of people saying there is no end game build

i'm tired of people saying "sorry ember isnt good enough" before being booted.

the only times i am able to play ember prime in tower 3 is with my friends. and even then i feel how weak she is.

stop jacking off Rhino and fix ember

I personally don't think they will bring Overheat back, but +1 to replacing Fire Blast with something useful, possibly a utility skill of sorts like Accelerant since utility is much more useful against higher enemies and Ember lacks utility aside from her short stun and fire damage amplification from Accelerant.

Edited by RebornsAlmark