Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 21 Recap.

SJunior

Alrighty. I don't think I'v seen one posted anywhere, So I'mma just post this here. Won't be in order, Just what I remember.

-Gestures/Emotes will be coming, But not until Melee 2.0 is done. (Things like subtle nods, Shake head, Bowing, Kneeling.) They are deciding what to put in and what not to atm.

-Thinking up new Enemy ideas.

-#2014YearOfThe4thFaction. They commented about how they have concept art for the new faction, And how they'd most likely have their own planet instead of revamping an existing one for them. They are going to be the least humanoid of all the factions, So they said. besides that they were pretty secretive about this.

-Grineer Shipyard Renders and art shown.

-U12 Will not contain melee 2.0 As it is taking a lot longer then they thought.

-Stealth Rework, Or as Geoff Jokingly said "Stealth 1.0." Is still planned, But it's going to be a very huge and time sink like thing to do, Much like Melee 2.0. So they are trying to figure out when is a good time to start on that. Basically weighing where it goes in terms of importance compared to other reworks.

-Hawkfame/Windframe render shown. Almost pretty much done.

-Hyena Rework will come /before/ Hek does. Geoff actually was not suppose to mention this. Let it slip out as he didn't know he wasn't suppose to tell. (TY GEOFF. O3O.)

-Red Scarf shown along the other Syandanas (I know, Horribul spelling. Can't remember the correct spelling atm. >..>) That was never released, Was not released as they ran into fitting issues and Technical issues with it. They might make another run at it. But in general, More Syandanas are coming.

-Looking at adding more Armor, Not just helmet Customizations. Mynki claimed they'll be working on that soon.

-With Melee 2.0, Enemies will be using some nifty combos and shtoof too as we do. So it's making them think of a lot more Melee enemies.

-Rhino or Loki Confirmed as next Prime. "90% Loki. Or 90% Rhino." To quote Mynki.

-They are still working on Cloth Physics for Frost And others who need it. So don't worry.

-They had worked on different animation sets for different body builds and genders. (Like, Mag would do things differently then Saryn or Rhino because of her Height and Body.) But didn't get around finishing it. They plan on working on it more after Melee.2.0.

-Will be revisiting/adding on Parkour, But not until Melee 2.0 is done for sure.

-Oberon 2nd helm shown in render. (By second, I mean his first alternate.)

Now I don't /think/ I missed anything. But I think that was the gist of it. Happy reading yall.

EDIT: I didn't realize, But in the "Thank You for watching Devstream 21 thread." They did their own recap. And posted bonus Screenshots not shown on the stream. You can check it out here for anything I missed. And, To read what they actually said. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/167741-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-21/

Edited by SJunior

-They had worked on different animation sets for different body builds and genders. (Like, Mag would do things differently then Saryn or Rhino because of her Height and Body.) But it was stopped because of Melee 2.0. They plan on working on it more afterward.

Not exactly accurate. He didn't say that it was melee 2.0 in particular that stopped progress on that.

Just watched the stream myself, going to paste my notes in too just in case anyone wants to read:

Melee finishers when in block stance if timing is right;
Effects pass on AI to see better whats going on/damage being done;
Melee stance available where youd deal more damage in melee;
New animation transitions after jumping/sliding attacks;
More melee based enemies;
Deployed very shortly after U12, not going to be IN U12.

Next warframe is a female air based warframe;
Oberon alt helmet in the works;
Earth tileset to be fully deployed on U12;
Plant scanning to remain in the game;
Goal is to have different theme for each planet;
New grineer shipyard tileset after jungle(earth) tileset coming;
Pure infested tileset - exploring the possibility;
Exploring possibility of emotes, will be coming in the future;
New elevators for dojo.

Stealth had work put into it, DE waiting for the right time to dedicate resources for it in the future;
Next prime 90% chance Loki or Rhino;
New faction in the works, mysterious, least humanoid. Planning to have new areas for it (planets) with the possibility of invading old ones;
More new enemy types (for grineer more specifically labourer class type enemy);
New bird type environmental neutral AI;
Parkour possibly being looked into to be more fluent;
New syandanas coming;
Cloth mechanics being worked on, no plans to add capes;
More customization for dojos.

-#2014YearOfThe4thFaction. They commented about how they have concept art for the new faction, And how they'd most likely have their own planet instead of revamping an existing one for them. They are going to be the least humanoid of all the factions, So they said. besides that they were pretty secretive about this.

Samurai space pirates!

-U12 Will not contain melee 2.0 As it is taking a lot longer then they thought.

Saddest news I've heard yet...but in a way this gives me hope.

Maybe they're really paying attention to how unfriendly their game is towards melee and not just bumping up the damage and putting in new 'moves'.

Look at it this way: Once he's released we won't have to deal with their OPness being shoved into our faces until Nova Prime.

I think it will make it all the more obvious and talked about even more.  It will probably add the whole 'playing favorites' to the mix too from Loki and Volt players that really wanted to see their classic frame get a prime.