Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Do Not Believe What I Have Just Witnessed

DJ_Redwire

I was casually playing with randoms on Cyath  - just going about my business. A person joins the match, and starts firing his/her Penta at the Corpus. Seems pretty ordinary right?

Wrong.

Here it comes - the big reveal.

Last chance to turn back.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Because I definitely warned you.

Like, several times.

I proceeded to watch him/her attempt to kill the Corpus...

...with just the Penta's impact damage.

Never blowing up the charges until they ran out of space.

I mean... I don't... I...

This is... I'm speechless, guys. I just... wat...

All I could do for several minutes what just sit there and stare at what was unfolding before me. Is it wrong for me to think this is even just a little strange? Did this suddenly just become the strategy of choice and nobody told me? Are they a genius? Are they crazy? Am I crazy? My life is filled with questions now. What is life? What is a question?

I have officially seen everything there is to see.

you havent seen anyone use a Detron yet? o-o''

and yes projectiles indeed can hit rather hard....

Actually one of my friends whom I was farming the Harvester did actually complete his Detron so I have seen it in use, so I hope that answers your question. :P

]I proceeded to watch him/her attempt to kill the Corpus...

...with just the Penta's impact damage.

Never blowing up the charges until they ran out of space.

Seems to me there's a rather distinctive failure on the developer's part to communicate to new players who are not savvy shooter gamers how the Penta is supposed to operate.

Just yet another thing to address in the, eventually to be completed, tutorial.

Best Regards,

"The Penta Launcher fires up to five grenades that can be remotely triggered at just the right moment." - In-Game Description

The description doesn't really say HOW to trigger them, so you either have to read an external source or figure how to detonate them by accident. It's understandable why someone wouldn't know how to detonate them.

OP, you did tell him how to detonate them.. right?

"The Penta Launcher fires up to five grenades that can be remotely triggered at just the right moment." - In-Game Description

The description doesn't really say HOW to trigger them, so you either have to read an external source or figure how to detonate them by accident. It's understandable why someone wouldn't know how to detonate them.

OP, you did tell him how to detonate them.. right?

Oh no I guess I didn't make note of that. As far as I could tell they knew how to detonate the grenades, because they were blowing them up eventually, and generally when they weren't standing in the vicinity of them.

Oh no I guess I didn't make note of that. As far as I could tell they knew how to detonate the grenades, because they were blowing them up eventually, and generally when they weren't standing in the vicinity of them.

The fact that they were actually detonating the grenades, just not at the usual time, makes me think you are putting too much thought into it. It was probably just someone trying to have fun doing something different, or trying to raise his Penta accuracy percentage (the one that is recorded on your in-game profile). If the grenade doesn't actually hit anything before exploding then I'm guessing it counts as a missed shot.

I do that all the time really.

I've killed Lephantis with just the shells (as the explosions did jack squat and I was out of ammo on my secondary. It worked quite well. :3).

When and if they introduce a sticky bomb mod or a mod that makes shells explode on contact direct hits will be much sought after.

On another note you need to aim a tad to the left to geta direct hit.

Currently my Penta has 330 impact damage and believe it or not it kills thing quite well.

Also TF2 Demoman habits be hard to kill yo.

Edited by Ziegrif