The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Flying Across Rooms, Etc

Panelope

I have leveled literally every melee weapon in the game, and have multiple formas on several of them, and i'm just going to say... I only use the Zorencopters, i'm addicted to them, since melee sux right now, i have no reason to use other melee weapon. Only exceptions is Galatine's Charged Attacks if you are using a Loki or a Ash, and Orthos Prime if you're using the ridiculous 20m knockdown radius. Sorry you Glaive Prime and Dakra Prime lovers, they suck too.

Edited by RexSol

People have fun with zorencoptering. Instead of removing it, it should be implemented as an official feature.

When Tribes first came out, skating was an unintended feature. The people loved going fast, so when future iterations of Tribes came out, skating became a feature. Tribes went on to become a beloved franchise until it was assassinated by f2p publishing mongrels.

I skipped through the last 3 pages as it was mostly whining and personal fights, so excuse me if someone made a post like this:

I do have zorens, not using them because they let me copter but because I like to fast aoe infested.

I do know how to copter and I use it, but suggesting to remove it is a stupid idea as long as the stamina system keeps being $&*&*#(%&.

If you remove coptering (I refuse to call it "zorencoptering" as essentially you can do it with any fast weapon) you might as well remove the slide-running or spamming flying kicks (that even devs use if you watch prime time).

That's also "exploiting" the stamina system, as you regen it during slide stance, opposing to constantly draining the stamina while sprinting.

Shame to you pimple Tenno, flying like a wizard in a bad trash martial art movie. This what you are now, a bad comedy, a bad joke.

The legacy of tactical ninja movement used by Hayden Tenno is gone.

But not for long ...

HAHAHAHAHA I died!

Maybe they should make base movement speed faster then or melee viable. And are you saying it's not a fair trade off? Strength or mobility.

If they remove coptering it will make the game unbearably slow

Yes, it's unbearably slow for the huge percentage of players not using this exploit. That's what makes it an exploit.

I skipped through the last 3 pages as it was mostly whining and personal fights, so excuse me if someone made a post like this:

I do have zorens, not using them because they let me copter but because I like to fast aoe infested.

I do know how to copter and I use it, but suggesting to remove it is a stupid idea as long as the stamina system keeps being $&*&*#(%&.

If you remove coptering (I refuse to call it "zorencoptering" as essentially you can do it with any fast weapon) you might as well remove the slide-running or spamming flying kicks (that even devs use if you watch prime time).

That's also "exploiting" the stamina system, as you regen it during slide stance, opposing to constantly draining the stamina while sprinting.

Good point.

I think it is usual Tenno evolution:

From basic sprint to buttstratching on the ground to $&*&*#(%& flight kick or $&*&*#(%& coptering.

This abusing is a basic aspect of evolution, to find the most efficient way.

So stamina system is broken ...

The efficiency of movement in a long distance from A to B would be much better in following way:

- Sprinting (most efficient way)

- Jump kick (less efficient, consumes more stamina)

- Coptering (not efficient, consumes even more stamina)

Outcome? Coptering could be slower from A to B following by jumpkick and butt slide, but with stamina mod it would be viable and faster.

We need Stamina 2.0.

Performing a melee attack or kick in mid air should consume a lot of stamina. So basically sprint should consume less for the same distance from A to B.

Also frame utility mods need own frame slots as power mods and ability mods.

Edited by Voidflow

Good point.

From basic sprint to buttstratching on the ground to $&*&*#(%& flight kick or $&*&*#(%& coptering.

The efficiency of movement in a long distance from A to B would be much better in following way:

Outcome? Coptering could be slower from A to B following by jumpkick and butt slide, but with stamina mod it would be viable and faster.

I kinda want both coptering and sliding/kicking to stay in the game as movement options, but to be useful in a specific situation rather than best in everything. Like, if coptering would instantly eat all your stamina, you could use it to jump large gaps really fast but then had to "pay the price" in recovering stamina (some kind of stamina check blocking coptering until it's fully regenerated should probably be implemented here, considering as long as you have at least 1 stamina you can do everything).

Similarly jump kicking and butt sliding could be the middle ground between sprinting and coptering. Sprinting does need a buff though, it's too slow / drains stamina too fast, so it's simply not viable.

Of course balancing the "nerf" of coptering with not screwing up the original intent of the move (slide slash) is hard

Edited by Shifted

as mentioned often here, Fury mod on weapons like dual zoren, lekta, and several other weapons allow you to move considerably faster.

you can either run then slide/melee or jump and do the same to zip much faster along your route, lots seem to want to remove this ability tho imho this just limits our options to do "cool" stuff, it doesnt harm anyone or make anything game breaking, its just a fun mobility tool and should be kept in tbh.

if something looks impressive and useful, then all the better.

Good point.

We need Stamina 2.0.

Performing a melee attack or kick in mid air should consume a lot of stamina. So basically sprint should consume less for the same distance from A to B.

Also frame utility mods need own frame slots as power mods and ability mods.

You know they tried that, every single person hated it. Basically you could sprint for 10 seconds then you were out of stamina and they even added a stamina regen nerf.

They need to make sprinting faster and be the same speed for all frames, and I mean really fast also add automatic parkouring to sprint button so you jump over obstacles in smooth manner.

But no I expect a hamfisted nerf to this because apparently DE hates the idea that ninjas go fast. Just look at sprint aura mod, it got reduced to "add" 0% sprint speed. Meanwhile some OP unreleased auras got to stay.