Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra, Dera, Dera V2 (Tetra) All Too Weak.

SnakeWildlife

All of these energy rifles are just terrible damage.

You would think with a 'Slow projectile' it would do some damage but no, theyre weak weapons, even when fully maxed with max level mods of greatness, all 3 are beaten by its 'Fast projectile' brothers like the Braton (yeah...the braton)

The Supra especially in need of a buff.

Sorry for calling the Tetra the Derav2 but without that different firing sound effect, it is and just fires as exact as the Dera. It's the same.

SO:

1. Supra, Dera, Tetra need buff/overhauls.

2. Dera, Tetra need to fire/behave differently, theyre the exact same weapon.

So....Supra vs Braton, the Braton wins?

lel...you're not modding any of these weapons right.

Also, energy weapons can't shoot anything but energy.

Dera and Tetra have the same bullet velocity, but completely different characteristics.

Dera has 0 recoil and 100% accuracy. Very easy to use.

Tetra hasa shizzleton of recoil and is also relatively easy to use.

But I agree, energy weapons (I'm looking only at you, Supra) need a buff.

Edited by bejuizb

lel...you're not modding any of these weapons right.

Yes, i am.

SupraCanBarelyCompeteWithABulletRifle.pn

Supra can barely compete with a bullet rifle at BRATON level...i should i show you how much SOMA and other bullet rifles make the Supra look completely embarassing for a slow bullet weapon, but i think at this point the comparison speaks for itself.

Supra users get beaten by Bratons.

Supra also has the crutch of requiring Rifle Ammo Mutation, because without it, it runs out of juice far too fast. Add on those slow reload times, and youll be wanting to throw the Supra in the trash for your Braton back due to frustration trying to get it to keep up with Braton users.

Figuratively the Supra has a slight bit more damage...but because of its slow firing speed, ramp up time, slow reload, and high ammo cost and mostly, SLOW BULLET, its a piece of junk :P way too many penalties than it has bonuses.

Dera is BA.  It oozes style and for some people thats an important part of a role-play such as warframe.

It is also a very effective gun when learned and formed properly.  It just may not be for your style.

Oh dont get me wrong i like these energy rifles, i want them to be good, currently theyre not worth anything because of their ineffectiveness. When the Braton guns are beating them however, you have to admit...thats pretty low bar, lower than the starter gun...thats gotta change.

If a gun you have to work and pay and build for, is weaker than the First weapons in the game, thats telling you for sure that it isnt right.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Aside from Gorgon being hit-scan, Supra beats it. That's all I have to say.

Dera can fire so fast it's almost continuous.

Tetra is the slowest of the three, but it has more damage than Dera and less recoil than Supra. Tetra has to be my favorite. Snappy, but controllable. Slow, but powerful.

Aside from Gorgon being hit-scan, Supra beats it. That's all I have to say.

Dera can fire so fast it's almost continuous.

Tetra is the slowest of the three, but it has more damage than Dera and less recoil than Supra. Tetra has to be my favorite. Snappy, but controllable. Slow, but powerful.

Iv the right mind to challenge you in a 5 round Defense match, and put the result on youtube.

But yeah, it'll end up something like this:

Braton Prime: 84 kills

Supra: 19 kills

The job will be done before the Supra bullet can reach its target, providing it actually hits with that terrible accuracy ontop of needing to predict where the enemy will be. (enemies move!)

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Iv the right mind to challenge you in a 5 round Defense match, and put the result on youtube.

But yeah, it'll end up something like this:

Braton Prime: 84 kills

Supra: 19 kills

The job will be done before the Supra bullet can reach its target, providing it actually hits with that terrible accuracy ontop of needing to predict where the enemy will be. (enemies move!)

I'm in no mood to get into a p*ssing contest, so answer these questions for yourself...

1. Who says I'd bring Supra? As I said Dera fires faster and Tetra feels better to me.

2. How does Braton Prime win again? Braton Prime is not better than Supra.  http://dpsframe.com/ agrees.  Your Braton Prime/Supra = 6504/9741 DPS. I can't believe I actually went there...

How the weapon feels in game is more important to me than doing more damage than the other guy. If you love your Braton, more power to you.

Yes, i am.

If a gun you have to work and pay and build for, is weaker than the First weapons in the game, thats telling you for sure that it isnt right.

First, I just want to say that I don't actually like the supra/dera/tetra.  However, thats because I don't like their style, and I can't stand the travel time, not because they're crap weapons.  I'm not convinced they need any real buff - I would like to see their travel times be faster (esp supra), but otherwise I think they're fine weapons - just not ones I'll be using.

I find it hilarious that you believe the braton prime is one of the first weapons in the game.  Its one of the LAST weapons in the game - all of the primes are 'top tier' weapons.  The void missions are the hardest missions in the game, trying to pass off a reward from them as one of the first weapons in the game is just laughable.  Also your comparison shows the supra being significantly better on paper - even though you only gave it 7 damage mods to your braton's 8.

Supra sure has high DPS.

Yes...if all those projectiles actually hit the target.

But the Supra may be meant as a suppression weapon more than anything else (not like it matters with the current AI).

This, theoretical DPS /= actual DPS. Hell, there was a time when the Boar had the highest theoretical DPS in the game, the majority of people back then still used the Hek if they had the option between the two, because the Hek wasn't a melee weapon that ate ammunition.

The Supra definitely needs a buff in projectile speed if it's still the same pathetic 35 m/s when I used it. It's one of those cases where I get the feeling DE doesn't actually comprehend how slow such a round is. Seriously, a car on the highway can outrun it. At a range of a piddly 50 meters, you're looking at more than a full second of flight time, which is enough time for a competent marksman to acquire a target, fire an aimed shot, and duck back into cover.

Edited by Taranis49

Yes, i am.

Supra can barely compete with a bullet rifle at BRATON level...i should i show you how much SOMA and other bullet rifles make the Supra look completely embarassing for a slow bullet weapon, but i think at this point the comparison speaks for itself.

Supra users get beaten by Bratons.

Supra also has the crutch of requiring Rifle Ammo Mutation, because without it, it runs out of juice far too fast. Add on those slow reload times, and youll be wanting to throw the Supra in the trash for your Braton back due to frustration trying to get it to keep up with Braton users.

Figuratively the Supra has a slight bit more damage...but because of its slow firing speed, ramp up time, slow reload, and high ammo cost and mostly, SLOW BULLET, its a piece of junk :P way too many penalties than it has bonuses.

Oh dont get me wrong i like these energy rifles, i want them to be good, currently theyre not worth anything because of their ineffectiveness. When the Braton guns are beating them however, you have to admit...thats pretty low bar, lower than the starter gun...thats gotta change.

You dislike the weapon and think it needs buffs, but formaed it 6 times? Something doesn't make sense here.

Plus you did mod it wrong, as the previous poster said. Ammo Mutator has no place on the Supra. Speed Trigger will VASTLY increase its dps. If you're worrying about ammo, you shouldn't be using the Supra. The Supra is not an hour long survival gun. Its a "Lets mow down Corpus in invasion missions gun." And shooting out a giant wall of energy bolts is tons of fun. I personally use Shred too.

Incorrect.

Thanks for playing, though.

Didn't you proclaim the Supra the number one long gun after Damage 2.0 came out? You might be biased. And as we know, there's no place for bias in these forums. Only cold, hard facts.

You dislike the weapon and think it needs buffs, but formaed it 6 times? Something doesn't make sense here.

I forma EVERYTHING to 4-7 times to see its full potential and test it at max performance before i judge it.

I thought Drakgoon was weak at first but a few formas later and it really turns your opinion around fast.

I'm in no mood to get into a p*ssing contest,

Yeah i wouldn't wanna face the embarrassment of getting beaten by a Braton either.

Figurately its already proven the Supra struggles, my jobs done. People can troll the topic all they want, the facts are laid out.

Yeah i wouldn't wanna face the embarrassment of getting beaten by a Braton either.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Braton Prime is not the Braton. You can't keep saying the "Braton" can beat the Supra, and then comparing the Supra to something that isn't the Braton.

It's very pretty. That's about it. I'd like to see some innate multishot or other buff to the Supra that doesn't make it like the other weapons. Some other threads have suggested making its bolts accelerate or deal more damage at further ranges to compensate for the terrible accuracy. I just want to be able to hold down the button, sweep the room, and watch everything melt away.

DPS doesn't matter when half your shots hit the wall, Supra has the highest DPS before reloading, but the only place you're going to be able to use that is with high-level targets and Bullet Attractor. Killing bosses generally requires more accuracy than the Supra is capable of.

I just go with a low-ranked Shred and forgo the Speed Trigger, because it really does start to burn through ammo pretty quickly once you up the fire rate.

According to dpsframe (which is nowhere near accurate but should give you general idea) supra does 13,7k dps which is 4th from all rifles(beaten only by 16k dps soma 16k dps synapse and 14k dps burston prime)

Tetra does 9k dps while braton prime 8,6k but its less accurate and nonhitscan

Dera only 7,8k but pinpoint accurate

And while i agree that supra should get a buff to reload speed and mag size it should also get small nerf to dmg or rate of fire to compensate. Other guns seems fine.

As for soma doing more dmg complain about soma not supra.

Edited by Davoodoo

I wouldnt mind the Dera and Supra as much if they wouldnt be Clan weapons and so very expensive.

Make a clan, get the energy and room, build all of it. Then research fieldron and all the weapons before it. And if this is not enough the weapon itself costs tons of stuff to make.

At least they could have a V polarity, but nope.

I dont wanna go to the "wha wha soma" stuff but it is bothering me how a common pool rank 6 weapon gets 2 V from the beginning for 1/4 of the price, while a weapon that needs 4 1/2 days at best to build and a froma from the beginning while still needing 5 forma to be semi usable gets cut short so hard.

Not even the mag sice of the supra is bigger while this would make sense to me for a  bullet hell type of weapon.

-Edit just to make sure there is no wrong understanding. I dont want the soma nerferd but harder weapons to get should be buffed to be just as viable.

Edited by Ttariel

Like many people are saying, you're saying Braton, then using Braton prime, which has almost 2000 more DPS and 3000 more burst DPS.

They're quite a lot different.

And secondly, If you were to get a good place with a chokepoint, and put shred on a supra, it'd perform much better at ripping down a crowd then your "almighty" braton.