The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De... Please Make It Stop

Deaths.Reap3r

You won't need to pee, your body would perfect in every way. No weakness (Except fire, slash and gas) and strength of a thousand man. Just think, Chargers claws are weak yet they can one shot rank 30 Rhino.

Is there individual minds now? We follow a blind womans orders and gain nothing. If we follow J3-Golem we would all be one.

If he's so great then why does he die in few shots?

Atleast he's in the game.

first off... y u argue with red text??

Secondly. If "we" need to pee... who is going to pee?

I spread J3-Golem's J3-Gospel, I will argue with everyone so they will see the light, and all of us would pee and cover the ground with a tide wave of noxious liquid.

Technically speaking, we can also not follow Lotus if we want. Trolls and AFKers do that all day.

I'd rather join Darvo btw.

Darvo is okay but I don't trust merchants, comes with being honest.

Welcome to the Warframe Forums, where gameplay balance threads turn into lore discussions. Enjoy your stay!

There is no lore.

I spread J3-Golem's J3-Gospel, I will argue with everyone so they will see the light, and all of us would pee and cover the ground with a tide wave of noxious liquid.

Darvo is okay but I don't trust merchants, comes with being honest.

There is no lore.

you choose to avoid the trueth? You do choose to ignore the millions of slaughtered civilians? CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE PAST? I will never embrace j3 golem for he is a mindless freak of nature, a project went wrong, he can not give me any wisdom! I SHALL FOLLOW OUR MASTER, OUR YODA, OUR TEACHER, OUR INSPIRATION, OUR HOPE.

stalker

you choose to avoid the trueth? You do choose to ignore the millions of slaughtered civilians? CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE PAST? I will never embrace j3 golem for he is a mindless freak of nature, a project went wrong, he can not give me any wisdom! I SHALL FOLLOW OUR MASTER, OUR YODA, OUR TEACHER, OUR INSPIRATION, OUR HOPE.

stalker

2UO4SRj.jpg

Our God has spoken!

He is no god. He is the creation of the sentients. A lab experiment. Stalker does not take orders from lotus. Lotus is corrupted. Golem is corrupted. EVERY FACTION IS CORRUPTED. That is why I choose to follow stalker for he is not controlled or consumed by greed.

Edited by RevoThornax

He is no god. He is the creation of the sentients. A lab experiment. Stalker does not take orders from lotus. Lotus is corrupted. Golem is corrupted. EVERY FACTION IS CORRUPTED. That is why I choose to follow stalker for he is not controlled or consumed by greed.

Isn't Stalker a low ranked guard of Orokin? That means he failed, he let down his masters and chose to be a coward.

One thing I keep wondering: Why does harvester show up for the grineer side anyway?

According to the story, Alad V was  trying to protect Mars, and the corpus pulled the plug on his funding, so he lost.

Then, exiled, hiding in disgrace, Alad had the corpus then try to assassinate him, and he resorted to using the infested to defend himself, purposely killing corpus by the MILLIONS as he fought them off.

So, having retreated to his secret cloud laboratory, betrayed by his former friends, he uses his resources to unleash zanuka, in order to... punish someone the corpus are fighting?

You know, the people who tried to kill him 3 different ways--Let the grineer get him(gradivus), let's get him ourselves(prelude to "hunt for alad v"), let the tenno get him for us(hunt for alad v+in game thermisto)?

In any realm of even minute realism, he'd be furious at the corpus for betraying him and repeatedly trying to kill him and repeatedly trying to destroy everything he holds dear.

If anything, he should be trying to get revenge against the corpus. So, he'd want to stop anyone from helping them.

Now, if, per chance, that's EXACTLY what he's doing(technically, it is), why bother having the harvester attack? Why not have it just show up and throw detron parts at us? It would save his "beautiful creation" from damage, would get the same results he's getting now, and save him time and resources.

However, based on what he says to you, he's *trying* to kill you in revenge, so he should be trying to stop/capture/kill you when he sees you helping the corpus.

From a not-so-lore perspective, this also would make sense, since the brakk was the "fight on the side of the grineer" reward, so the detron should be a "fight on the side of the corpus" reward. It's not. Instead, it's just another "fight on the side of the grineer" reward.

Very confusing that they chose to do this.

BEST OF ALL, if it was done with the trigger for him selecting you being "fighting on the side of the corpus", and the trigger for him sending it was the same as it is now("fighting against the corpus"), it would AUTOMATICALLY balance everything, as you'd have some people fighting on the team of the corpus, to get selected, and some people(who already got selected) fighting on the team of the grineer, to get zanuka to show up.

That'd make 100% more sense. In every possible way.

stalker

2UO4SRj.jpg

1yBLEf3.png

Isn't Stalker a low ranked guard of Orokin? That means he failed, he let down his masters and chose to be a coward.

The master stalker sends out all his followers to help him find justice. justice must be deployed on the guilty krull... I have said too much... I think I must go to my cryo until my next mission arrives and justice will be served.

Edited by RevoThornax

Could you elaborate? Grineer are just killing Tenno while the Corpus dissect and experiment on them, but Corpus aren't the ones who are enslaving countless human citizens in their colonies.

The Grineer are the remnants of human colonies. They are quite literally the last bastion of the human race, and the Tenno and Corpus are both trying to raid their supplies.

The Grineer harvest dormant Tenno only so Tyl Regor can save their detiorating race, while the Corpus attempt to harvest both living and dormant Tenno only for profiteering.

I dunno, it sort of makes sense to me that the solar system's predominant tyrannical military empire is wiping the floor with a cult of money-grubbing merchants. Wasn't that the whole point of creating the Zanuka Project? Evening the odds? Too bad for them they decided that alienating the creator of the project was a good idea.

For those of you who think it's odd that Alad would still send the Harvester after Grineer supporters, keep in mind that Frohd Bek made it clear that multiple "factions" of Corpus exist. I'd compare them to different corporate entities within the same nation. Alad should at least be smart enough to realize that aside from Bek's Corpus, the Grineer and Tenno are his primary enemies. So, it would make sense for him to support Corpus not involved in the assault on Jupiter.

Not saying that DE's story logic is perfect, but it's not nearly as flawed as some of you are making it out to be.

On topic, I'm sure that the status quo isn't going to stay in place forever.

I dunno, it sort of makes sense to me that the solar system's predominant tyrannical military empire is wiping the floor with a cult of money-grubbing merchants. Wasn't that the whole point of creating the Zanuka Project? Evening the odds? Too bad for them they decided that alienating the creator of the project was a good idea.

For those of you who think it's odd that Alad would still send the Harvester after Grineer supporters, keep in mind that Frohd Bek made it clear that multiple "factions" of Corpus exist. I'd compare them to different corporate entities within the same nation. Alad should at least be smart enough to realize that aside from Bek's Corpus, the Grineer and Tenno are his primary enemies. So, it would make sense for him to support Corpus not involved in the assault on Jupiter.

Not saying that DE's story logic is perfect, but it's not nearly as flawed as some of you are making it out to be.

On topic, I'm sure that the status quo isn't going to stay in place forever.

What you are telling me is that alad's corpus faction is being wiped and frod bhek is going to strike back hard?

Alright, let's be a little honest and not RP-ey here. We're talking about what has been relayed to players by DE, not about any RP stance. RP, do whatever you like, your call. But if you look at the things that happened and were spelt out, this is how it looks: Both sides are bad, no one's good. Argueing that is moot, as it's just like that.

But.

And the Grineer are no different. Both factions are greedy; the Corpus are greedy for profit, while the Grineer are greedy for power. The Grineer wants to enslave or eliminate the Tenno, the Corpus want to leech profit from them, and cut them up in the name of profit as well.

General Sargas Ruk has honoured the Tenno, his deal, and acknowledged their prowess. From one warrior to another, regardless if foes or not, that is a showing of recognition the Corpus have not done. Additionally, the Grineer's biggest projects have all been in the interest of their whole "race", including civilians, such as repairing their genome defects, retaking their lost homeworld, and setting a contract partner straight who is extorting them. The Corpus on the other hand are backstabbing each other, the Grineer, and the Tenno. There is no honour anywhere, and all their projects deal with the death of those in their way - not for motives benefitting a populace, but their own profits.

either factions are 'good'. It's up to each individual Tenno to decide which faction will they side with. And for me, siding with the weaker men will uphold the balance we Tenno fight for. You may say I'm biased because I'm one hell of a Corpus fangirl sympathizer, but if the situation gets reversed I'll be more than willing to fight for Grineer.

See above. If you would fight for balance, you would see that the Grineer took the brunt of all Tenno actions, whereas the Corpus were hit in the beginning of events, and that was it. All other events were detrimental to the Grineer, and even when they won Gravidus, the victory was only partial and without much consequences. Corpus supporters keep pulling up this "balance" argument, ignoring that Tenno have been messing up Grineer almost exclusively. That makes it even more interesting that Sargas Ruk, xenophobe par excellence, is willing to extend an olive branch.

And if someone's going to call me a traitor for siding with Corpus, remember: It was Alad V who defiled the Tenno, not the whole Corpus itself. Hell, he's exiled from the Corpus because of provoking the Tenno and wasting money. As much as I love this guy, I can't deny that.

That is also not entirely correct. Alad V may have been the one doing the cutting, but in a supply/demand market, the demanding parties are just as guilty as the supplier is. Nef Anyo did what Alad V does before him, being a slave trader. His merchandise? Tenno. And the customers of Alad V are other Corpus execs, not Grineer. I suggest you watch "The Profit", because pinning all this on Alad V to clean the other Corpus is a little shortsighted. Corpus have always been doing what Alad V did, only he took it a step further and build the Zanuka. When the Corpus threw him under the bus, there was no exiling because they were appalled by his actions - he just drew too much ire to remain unscathed. It was a tactical sacrifice.

Supporting the Corpus in all this is a questionable choice, bordering on willful ignorance.

Supporting the Grineer is a devil's pact. But at the end of the day, the lesser evil.

And that is not an RP opinion, but analysis of the "lore" as it was put forth by DE.

oh my goodness people....

CED, your post on page 2 was very well written and certainly pursuasive. You are good with words for sure. Everyody else has similar ideas for their own loyalties.

+1 to DiabolusUrsus's post at the bottom of page 6.

Now let me try to explain my own position on the matter: I side with the corpus because I like the aesthetic style of the corpus tech lab.

Here's what I think: DE wanted to reflect two opposing elements of the human psyche; the arrogant and ignorant Grineer, and the ruthless and calculating Corpus, with the Tenno expressing the all-important element of self-discipline and internal balance, hence the focus on ninjas and mind-controlled combat powers (and at one point in this game's life the call to bring balance to the solar system).

Both sides are morally reprehensible, but both deserve the mercy and (for the grineer at LEAST) the benefits of our empathy, except of course for those with no excuse for their actions (Corpus Leadership, possibly the entirety of the corpus upper class, Grineer leadership, all grineer responsible for Grineer xenophobic extra-political behavior).

What's bad about these two factions stems from their leadership, so in that sense the case ought to be closed when we discuss who/what to save or side with regarding the two: cut their leadership and educate their people. Take no sides.

ok, but we're talking about who's worth more, so: the Corpus have taken the concept of intellect to an extreme, completely deriding emotional direction in favor of pure competitive sport.

The Grineer, on the other hand, are driven to push and expand, for the sake of proving themselves.

I suppose it depends on what kind of society you're looking to foster once the Solar War has finally been resolved.

Edited by Legion-Shields