Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firestorm On Torid

rhoenix

I know Torid has nothing to do with fire, but I'm talking about the blast radius.

Can we have Firestorm renamed to Blast Radius, let it affect the Ignis, Ogris, and Penta like it does now, but also add blast radius to the Torid's shots?

I agree-- or make another mod for weapons that have an explosion radius but use other elements than fire or blast... 

Maybe even one for the stugs corrosive-- which would be like a Pistol version of Toxic Firestorm.

but for the Torrid-- if you want to just keep it to primary's.

Maybe a Mod like "Acid Rain"  same effect as firestorm but for poisonous based radius... although I don't know what else this would effect BUT the torrid.... maybe future weapons?

For now probably just making the Torrid compatible with firestorm is the best option-- I was actually surprised when I couldn't put firestorm on my torrid the first time I looked at it!  

Def +1

+1 to this. The Torid needs some help these days, with not being able to slow targets with cryo rounds like in dmg 1.0, the AoE is just too small, and enemies just walk through it. Not to mention that it takes several shots to block up a doorway.

the mod works on rifles that work via explosions, atm thats just ogris, penta and ignis, torid isnt an explosive wpn, and if it were the mod wouldnt fix the torids problems tbh, its still garbage without its old armor ignore and 100% status chance.

Edited by Methanoid

the mod works on rifles that work via explosions, atm thats just ogris, penta and ignis, torid isnt an explosive wpn, and if it were the mod wouldnt fix the torids problems tbh, its still garbage without its old armor ignore and 100% status chance.

The Torid does need quite a bit more than just having Firestorm available as a mod, but I thought it would be a good start.

The Torid does need quite a bit more than just having Firestorm available as a mod, but I thought it would be a good start.

even if it created larger clouds, the aoe/cloud doesnt ignore armor anymore and enemys can still run right through the cloud which only does terribly low damage, and we cant fit cold element like dmg1.0 and have it always slow enemys anymore to take advantage of the cloud/slow effect.

its 1 of the weapons where even if you slap 8 formas on it, its still terrible, youd also end up using it as it wasnt originally intended, its meant to be a gas/aoe monster but the ONLY way you will get any decent damage from it is to use it as a beanbag launcher and hit stuff directly, either way a bog standard rifle will do better in the long run and be considerably easier to aim/fire.

the torid has exactly nothing going for it at present to make it useful in any way shape or form, its meant to be on par with the ignis mastery wise yet the ignis is hands down 100% better with the torid having utterly no useful purpose, even if you stick it in vaubans hands to use to stack clouds in a vortex like in dmg1.0 its still pathetic as ittl virtually never proc an elemental effect and your teammates will have near instantly anhialated everything in the vortex before you got a few ticks of aoe dmg off the torids clouds.

the torid is like the flux rifle, something i "used" to like even if for niche uses/roles, now their just terrible allround even on their supposed intended uses with the correct faction matching elements, we can only hope for far future fixes because as it stands theres tons of weapons that arent worth equiping even if they had 8 formas on them and the best of every mod you could hope for.

Edited by Methanoid

even if it created larger clouds, the aoe/cloud doesnt ignore armor anymore and enemys can still run right through the cloud which only does terribly low damage, and we cant fit cold element like dmg1.0 and have it always slow enemys anymore to take advantage of the cloud/slow effect.

its 1 of the weapons where even if you slap 8 formas on it, its still terrible, youd also end up using it as it wasnt originally intended, its meant to be a gas/aoe monster but the ONLY way you will get any decent damage from it is to use it as a beagbag launcher and hit stuff directly, either way a bog standard rifle will do better in the long run and be considerably easier to aim/fire.

the torid has exactly nothing going for it at present to make it useful in any way shape or form, its meant to be on par with the ignis mastery wise yet the ignis is hands down 100% better with the torid having utterly no useful purpose, even if you stick it in vaubans hands to use to stack clouds in a vortex like in dmg1.0 its still pathetic as ittl virtually never proc an elemental effect and your teammates will have near instantly anhialated everything in the vortex before you got a few ticks of aoe dmg off the torids clouds.

the torid is like the flux rifle, something i "used" to like even if for niche uses/roles, now their just terrible allround even on their supposed intended uses with the correct faction matching elements, we can only hope for far future fixes because as it stands theres tons of weapons that arent worth equiping even if they had 8 formas on them and the best of every mod you could hope for.

No, you're right - right now, it's really lackluster.

Treating it similar to how the Penta works (measuring both Impact for the initial bolt, and base Toxic for the cloud), but with a base of 80% status chance, with # damage ticks for all enemies in a cloud based on the fire rate currently in the Torid would all help.

However, a larger blast radius would be a good option for that too.

• 1 month later...

I was using the torrid for mastery points, I absolutely hate it. I noticed something though. When I slapped a fire mod on it for gas damage on gas procs its actually felt like the weapon it should be. I could feel its potiential on just those few procs, However its problems being its AoE radius, its horrid stat chance and its awful refire rate quicky drowned out that feeling.