Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sentinels?

Jin_Lightning

I've had this idea in my head for a while, and it would make a good Dojo research project.

What if we could use the Corpus Ospreys as Sentinels?

Mine Osprey: It's ability is to drop those mines, making a very good box defender.

Shield Osprey: Increase shields of nearby allies, with a cooldown obviously.

Leech Osprey: Attacks with it's ability, that gives you small portions of energy.

Scavenger Osprey: Chance to increase loot drops. Like Spare Parts, but the Sentinel doesn't need to die.

Oxium Osprey: Um...not a viable Sentinel I'd say...unless a Self-Destruct build sound interesting.

These Sentinels would still use the current Sentinel weapons, but their abilities would be their Osprey abilities.

Any thoughts?

-Jin

If you include the Fusion Moa Drone too, +1.

I was thinking of that, but then it's just a reskinned Dethcube, isn't it? I WOULD use that skin if this idea gets green lighted though!

I'd like to use zanuka as my sentinel but it's impossible.

Lol yeah, but then no fun to be had. Actually, if you kill Zanuka as Nekros, you can get him as a shadow clone.

I THINK...

-Jin

Instead of several different Ospreys, I would suggest researching an Osprey in the Corpus Lab that was a Tenno version. It could have a combination of the different abilities through different mod cards.

I think separate Sentinels would be a bit overkill, but I like it.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! Too many Sentinels, but I would still love the idea of Osprey Sentinels. I love how they look.

-Jin

more Sentinels sound neat, sure.

Leech Osprey: Attacks with it's ability, that gives you small portions of energy.

gives you energy.

oh boy, here we go again. not that i wouldn't want that, but we already basically have infinite Energy, more is a touchy thing to do.

Edited by taiiat

not that i wouldn't want that, but we already basically have infinite Energy, more is a touchy thing to do.

Some people do, but others might have energy issues. I think the Leech ability could help with that. The people that already have energy up the wazzoo could use what they want, right?

oh boy, here we go again. 

I'm confused at this part of your post though...

-Jin

Some people do, but others might have energy issues. I think the Leech ability could help with that. The people that already have energy up the wazzoo could use what they want, right?

I'm confused at this part of your post though...

- i'll cover then when i cover the second line.

- we've had changes in the past that allowed Players to get a lot more Energy than they could before. twice, i think it was. i apologize for not sourcing, but i wouldn't know where to look to source changes to Warframe that old.

but the point is that 'infinite' Energy is already very commonplace, having more Energy available on top of that could be scary.

yes, some players could take actual benefit from it, and that means we should be able to make room for it. however, the Energy, Efficiency, Energy Capacity, and Energy abundance in maps together already make for Energy seemingly being as common as Nitrogen, but... only to our Enemies(but that's another thread).

- we've had changes in the past that allowed Players to get a lot more Energy than they could before. twice, i think it was. i apologize for not sourcing, but i wouldn't know where to look to source changes to Warframe that old.

but the point is that 'infinite' Energy is already very commonplace, having more Energy available on top of that could be scary.

yes, some players could take actual benefit from it, and that means we should be able to make room for it. however, the Energy, Efficiency, Energy Capacity, and Energy abundance in maps together already make for Energy seemingly being as common as Nitrogen, but... only to our Enemies(but that's another thread).

True, but it would be a long cooldown to. Nothing ridiculous, but it no one has Energy Siphon, then it could be very useful. 

Think about it: If you're already decked out in energy capacity, efficiency, and recharge, why would you pick this ability for your Osprey?

There's better options, like the Mine ability, right?

-Jin

I was thinking of that, but then it's just a reskinned Dethcube, isn't it? I WOULD use that skin if this idea gets green lighted though!

I think the Drone's gun is more like Wyrm's laser rifle...wait no that's not right, make that it's the laser rifle Wyrm wished it had. Think it's about time they buffed that thing, no?

Anyway, I support this idea, though I don't think the Scavenger drone would work out since it essentially does what Carrier does. They may as well just give him a loot increase mod instead of making a whole new Sentinel for it.

I think the Drone's gun is more like Wyrm's laser rifle...wait no that's not right, make that it's the laser rifle Wyrm wished it had. Think it's about time they buffed that thing, no?

Anyway, I support this idea, though I don't think the Scavenger drone would work out since it essentially does what Carrier does. They may as well just give him a loot increase mod instead of making a whole new Sentinel for it.

Hmm, sort of. The Drone's gun is more like a Death Machine Gun is it had babies with the Laser Rifle.

The Scavenger Drone would CREATE more loot. Carrier just picks it up for you. Different system.

Thanks for the support!

-Jin

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I was thinking about that recently.

For the Drone, it could be an alternate skin to the DethCube, the the Scavenger Drone could be an alternate skin to the Carrier.

-Jin