Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is Banshee?

LiiiooX

Banshee generally means Screaming Spirit.

But in game banshee doesn't scream. I wouldn't care about this earlier.

But now as Valkyr can shout while using her powers. I feel screaming would justify "Sound Quake" too.

What do you guys think?

U mean ultrasonic sound? Fair enough.

All I had in mind was Banshee from ME3. She screams her throat out.

But still, banshee went from being best crowd control to least used frame for me. Need at least one power useful for 50+ lvl enemies.

Banshee doesn't scream because she's supposed to be a stealth frame. One of her skills is even named Silence for god's sake. How useful these skill sets are in every day gameplay is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that her character is not the hurr durring wub wub blaster some people see her as.

Infra and ultra sounds can't be heard by ordinary people except in cases of rapid pressure differentials. The End.

Banshee generally means Screaming Spirit.

But in game banshee doesn't scream. I wouldn't care about this earlier.

But now as Valkyr can shout while using her powers. I feel screaming would justify "Sound Quake" too.

What do you guys think?

shes called banshee becuase she uses only sound attacks.... like sonic boom or sound quake.

Banshee doesn't scream because she's supposed to be a stealth frame. One of her skills is even named Silence for god's sake. How useful these skill sets are in every day gameplay is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that her character is not the hurr durring wub wub blaster some people see her as.

Infra and ultra sounds can't be heard by ordinary people except in cases of rapid pressure differentials. The End.

Perhaps naming her after a wailing spirit was not the best idea then.

If you think Banshee isn't useful on high level content, then you truly have no clue how to play her.

This thread is going elsewhere, I was looking to have screaming banshee.

However if we go to banshee's usefulness now.

Just look at the stats.

- With max power dmg, Sound Quake = a total of 458/sec for total 2748 dmg, This will sure tickle the 50+ enemies. Get slapped hard incase of ancients.

- With max power efficiency and dmg, spam Sonic Boom nearly 20 times to kill one 50+ lvl heavy gunner/ancient

- Increase the Sonar capabilities, the only good power if and only if you have the best weapon.

- Lastly SIlence, this is better used as stealth, soloing low level missions. but in higher levels decorate the tileset with choice of energy color. [Much Wow]

Banshee blueprint was my first choice to buy from market. But that was during update 7. And when I finally crafted, used it to get 600+ kills in single Xini infested game for 15-20 waves. I have seen its downfall, now slowly reaching to least used frame.

But am sure DE is working on its powers just like they did for Ember and Mag.

Cheers:)

I shouldn't have to if you've played the game for any time.

Anything new will be popular, just because it's new.

If you're doing extremely high level content, you need a Banshee. If you go out far enough, no power will do enough damage, no weapon will do enough damage. You need sonar. You won't see it in recruiting since these are mostly quasi-pugs. They don't typically push the envelope much because of lack on comms, not used to playing together, etc. In a clan mission to do a 2 hour survival, there's going to be a Banshee. 1000+% damage increase is pretty much a necessity.

This isn't even getting into the CC possibilites of sonic boom and sound quake (though, this should never have has it invulnerability removed). The few Banshees I do see rarely make use of this stuff. Their loss.

Silence is borderline useless, but there are more than a few 'frames that have a dog among their powers. Banshee is hardly unique in that aspect.

When Banshee hits the ClanTech labs, we'll see another huge influx of them I'm sure. New stuff is popular. Most won't "get it" and will quit playing her after a few weeks. But in 100 wave defenses and two hour survivals, she'll still be needed.

That's why you don't know what you don't know.

Explain why no one wants banshee in recruiting channel?

While it was most popular during update 7, 8.

People running T1 and alerts might not want Banshee. Anyone who's played for more than a week and knows that she's hands down the highest DPS frame in the game is going to want her for higher level content, though. 11x damage is just crazy.