Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 7-8 Mastery Test! Help!

OblivionNecroninja

Question

So, I'm rank 7 and yesterday I unlocked the Mastery test to go up to Rank 8. And I have no idea how to complete it.

As far as I can tell, I'm supposed to shoot targets while wallrunning, but, between the dodgy controls, my own limited dexterity, and the fact that I'm using a controller I literally can't do it. Does anyone have any advice?

15 answers to this question

Rapid fire weapons with large magazines help. Also, you get a few areas of 'rest' on which to reload and what not. 

You get 3 tries. Fail those 3 and you fail the test.

You fail not by missing, but by failing to hit the target that will create a path for you to keep wallrunning.

Use the slowest frame you have (Frost or non-vanguard Rhino) with Acrobat, no Rush.

use keyboard for it instead of controller if possible.  Get an Ignis if not.

Other than that just hope the parkour mechanics don't bug out on you (this was on attempt #8 for me)

If you have it, you can use à slower frame. But you might need aditional stamina. This will increase the amount of time you'll have while shooting (hitting targets). A problem with jumps might be a result, but i don't know. Also, loki, Nova and possibly excal have skills that may let you take alternate paths.

I'd ditch the controller, but that's just me :P

You have to change the controller from the default

In (PS4)Fire_Crazed tips post:

·         In the Control Options, set "Hold X/Jump to Wallrun" to OFF.

What this means: You need to press X/Jump twice to wallrun when jumping towards a wall (once to jump, once when hitting the wall), and just press it once and not hold it when you're already at the wall.

What this also means: You can use your right thumb on the right stick to aim because you don`t need to hold jump.(P4nch0theD0G)

I've done two controller config rebuilds. Default sprinting had been maddening and PS4 could not do reliable maneuvers

So far;

use cycle powers

use click touch pad to activate them

use touch pad 'slide right' for the map.

(I worked the N/A into the touch pad slide down)

(testing this today)

use the L1 (def crouch/slide) button to sprint

use the left (sprint) plunger to reload

use the reload button to crouch/slide

(failed... using a 'touch pad slide' for context button, btw)

Edited by (PS4)MaggiePye

Found this a pain to complete - easiest way I found was to switch 'Jump' and 'crouch/slide/roll' and equip 'acrobat' and 'wall run' using Trinity (the frame I was currently leveling - plus the two polarity slots helped), used soma for weapon choice and passed the second time with this loadout (the first time I made stupid mistakes due to being used to a different button configuration).

Good luck with the test

You fail not by missing, but by failing to hit the target

Isn't failing to hit the target called "missing"? :P

OP: Use a slow frame with stamina mods and a weapon with a large clip like braton or soma. Mod for clip size and reload speed.

Isn't failing to hit the target called "missing"? :P

OP: Use a slow frame with stamina mods and a weapon with a large clip like braton or soma. Mod for clip size and reload speed.

Yes, sorry, my english is sometimes bad enough for me to explain what I really mean. What I tried to say is that you fail the test not by missing the target, but by failing to create a path. You can miss the target all you want as long as you hit it on time to create the path.

T.T

Some day my english will not fail me as often as now. Thanks for warning me of my confusing post.

I knowthis is an old thread but; I didn't want to start a brand new one when this one is still here.

Weeks! I've been stuck on this thing for weeks!  I can make it to the last set of walls, but that's where I keep failing.  I don't know why, but when I try jumping from the left horizontal wall to the right one, my Tenno doesn't stick!  No matter what frame I use, as soon as I try switching walls it just leaps into the darkness.

Here: 

Scroll to 1:22. That section is the bane of my rank right now.  

Any suggestions?  I will bust out the poor puppy eyes...