The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Frames You Should Bring To T3 Defense

Celseus

A post brought this to my attention today and I'm sharing this for the sake of those who do not play T3 high level defence often.

When did you see a vauban or a nyx picked over a frost in a t3 defense? Seldom to none. Frost was the defense king. Nyx was usually brought to compliment frost, and vauban was widely accepted to be more of a survival frame, or as an accomplice to the defense master, Frost.

Infested. I would pick Vauban over Frost. I would pick Nyx over Frost.

Grineer. I would pick Vauban and Frost over Nyx.

Corpus. I would pick Frost over Vauban or Nyx.

I'm someone who plays T3 Defence over wave 50 regularly so if you're thinking Frost is the answer to all defence missions, you're clearly not playing enough Warframe. Furthermore Frost has less offense and crowd control capabilities than either Vauban or Nyx. Less movement speed. Less energy capacity. If Snowglobe was nerfed, I don't see why Vauban or Nyx should even be left intact.

so you mean Vauban supposed to have health in his bastile, and Nyx suppose to have some kinda of limit to her current chaos? 

A frame get nerf, you don't like it, but instead of trying to persuade DE to get that frame back, the answer is nerfing other frames. You basically doing the same thing that you don't like someone did to you. 

Edited by SElZE

Honestly I pick what ever frame I feel like playing at the time. As long as you can neutraliz the incomming mobs faster than they damage the pod, it doesn't matter what you bring.

Also, I'd pick Mag, Nova, Ember, and Oberon over Frost, Nyx or Vauban.  I've even seen Loki rock a T3.

Try Oberon with maxed stretch and power efficiency. Use reckoning to knock enemies down and shoot them (or reload) while they are trying to get up. Repeat until win. Also get Nova in your squad to slow them down with m-prime. Don't forget to take some energy restores.

Booben died to 1 shot in later waves pre-patch T3, Nyx too (not so crucial for her, just cast Chaos and chill, Boobeh has to expose himself more). So you had to bring in Frost anyway, or have duration Trinity instead. 

Now T3 def is lvl20 for 10 waves, lvl24 at wave 15? cant even call it high level anymore

Oh and lets continue to ignore the elephant in the room, that can CC, debuff and masskill everything with one spamable skill.

Edited by Monolake

Now T3 def is lvl20 for 10 waves, lvl24 at wave 15? cant even call it high level anymore

I agree with this statement, T3 should only be considered a lead-in to true high level fights. Also, when people use Nyx, they keep forgetting about casting times. Good Nyx players will strategically choose where and when to use Chaos and so will other Vaubans. It's called NOT playing like a Rhino and actually using cover and terrain to your advantage.

Also, just because pugs under appreciate Loki doesn't mean he's not viable. I've rocked plenty of T3 missions with Loki without a sweat and hell, I felt more valued as Loki in defense than I did as a Frost. And I mained Frost since I first played.

Edited by WharOne

I agree with this statement, T3 should only be considered a lead-in to true high level fights. Also, when people use Nyx, they keep forgetting about casting times. Good Nyx players will strategically choose where and when to use Chaos and so will other Vaubans. It's called NOT playing like a Rhino and actually using cover and terrain to your advantage.

Also, just because pugs under appreciate Loki doesn't mean he's not viable. I've rocked plenty of T3 missions with Loki without a sweat and hell, I felt more valued as Loki in defense than I did as a Frost. And I mained Frost since I first played.

So true :3

But used well, with anything else that has a little CC, even Loki, there is nothing a Nyx can't do. As you said, it's all about casting time, positionning and momentum use. Your team can chill at the pod while you're doing the work, just staying there for the few mobs that will reach it.