Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Frost Nerf Was Just The First Nerf And Soon Some Coming?

Chaosdreamer

Well, now I heard Scott nerfed it cause he was sick of people calling Frost boring...

So, Scott, I'm sick of the Scottframe's over reliance on nerfing stuff, it's boring.

It's so boring I would like you to nerf the Scottframe's ultimate skill the Nerfbomb.

Every time I see a Scottframe in game I just sit back and watch the Nerfbombs drop left and right, it's so boring.

Nerfbomb is so OP, please nerf.

I'm not going to post any soon image or anything of that nature.

The nerfs as we see them are basically a rework of simple mechanics that exist because it was easy to put them in at the time. Now that the game has come further along these old abilities are getting more interesting mechanically.

Giving invulnerability to anything for an extended length of time is always something that gets abused and is bad game design.

The nerfs as we see them are basically a rework of simple mechanics that exist because it was easy to put them in at the time. Now that the game has come further along these old abilities are getting more interesting mechanically.

Giving invulnerability to anything for an extended length of time is always something that gets abused and is bad game design.

But nerfing it in such a way that it becomes next to useless in higher leveled content is also bad game design.

Most people agree that it should have been nerfed, but what DE did was instead of making it slightly less useful is make it next to useless (at least in higher leveled content).

Invulnerability with a timer is not a really invulnerability.

But 3500 Hp is the opposite of invulneravity. The Strong part of a good warframe was killed with a bad calculation.

There's an unhealthy and unnecessarily large amount of paranoia that went into the making of this thread. The reason that Frost's snowglobe was changed was because Frost was a one trick pony. Snowglobe was more or less the only Frost skill that got used (avalanche was rare), and DE wanted to change it while buffing his other abilities to make him more appealing than just a "press 3 and go relax" frame.

Trinity was already changed, so was Nova, Nyx was changed way back around U8. Rhino had also been 'nerfed' as you so put it. 

When you don't like changes, submit some feedback in a calm and composed manner. Assuming the worst possible outcome doesn't really help anyone and only serves to spread paranoia among the playerbase.

Actually , Its not about paranoia , I'm more likely saying , we maybe got one Bad thing , to get something good behind this point , you probably understand what i mean , Nerfind most used skill of one warframe is hard ,because you know it will attract hate , flaming, but if behind this Nerf , theire is some news difficulties that we asked alot its nice , since before this ,theire was no need of strats just hurry up fire in whatever you see and run to extraction , but now maybe they have some idea behind (Like Stealth , even if I don't really care about being stealth with my Penta)

But 3500 Hp is the opposite of invulneravity. The Strong part of a good warframe was killed with a bad calculation.

Then give feedback. "Hey there's not enough hp now. Maybe do it differently/add more?"

That's the part we play as Beta players. Rhino was developed into the powerhouse he was AFTER they "nerfed" his Iron Skin by -gasp- giving it hp. His useless radial charge and Rhino stomp were then changed to the highly effective Roar and the current iteration of Rhino Stomp, with a significantly bigger AOE and slow duration.

Following this pattern, they're already tweaking Frosts other skills. Give them a chance, give them time and provide feedback. All this "change it back" posts do nothing but stunt the growth and even Evolution of Frost into the caster-tank he was meant to be.

But nerfing it in such a way that it becomes next to useless in higher leveled content is also bad game design.

Most people agree that it should have been nerfed, but what DE did was instead of making it slightly less useful is make it next to useless (at least in higher leveled content).

First they change the mechanics, then they make the ability work properly, think back to Rhino's Iron skin.

30 seconds of invulnerability is still invulnerability.

It is being changed.

The biggest thing i see with Frost is that Ice Wave and Avalanche have a lot more CC now.

Loki and Trinity fans: Prepare your anuses.

Played as Loki the other day (he has 213hp at lv 30) got hit by stray bullet (while I was invisible) that caused bleeding proc and I died, yeah good work putting Loki in same bracket as Trinity.

Edited by CatScratch

Played as Loki the other day (he has 213hp at lv 30) got hit by stray bullet that caused bleeding proc and I died, yeah good work putting Loki in same bracket as Trinity.

I'm sorry that you felt that your near infinite capacity to spam Invisibility and thus traverse missions 99% of the time completely unscathed encouraged you not to equip any HP bolstering mods and / or you decided it would be a good idea to run your face into barrel of an Eviscerator's Miter.

Doesn't change the fact that the capacity to remain invisible for the entire duration of almost any given non-Nightmare mission is borked and every bit more broken if not more so than Snow Globe ever was.

First they change the mechanics, then they make the ability work properly, think back to Rhino's Iron skin.

30 seconds of invulnerability is still invulnerability.

It is being changed.

The biggest thing i see with Frost is that Ice Wave and Avalanche have a lot more CC now.

So, DE please read this feedback:

1) If the 30 seconds of invulnerability is the problem, so why not nerf the timer? is better kill Snow Globe instead?

2) So is better if DE erase the Snow Globe. Honestly is a useless skill, change to another "fun" or "offensive" skill then.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

So, DE please read this feedback:

1) If the 30 seconds of invulnerability is the problem, so why not nerf the timer? is better kill Snow Globe instead?

2) So is better if DE erase the Snow Globe. Honestly is a useless skill, change to another "fun" or "offensive" skill then.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174900-converting-snowglobe-hp-to-reduced-duration-on-damage/

Edited by Odadda

See... You don't seem to understand what would happen if Trinity gets nerfed... Everyone suffers.

"And therefore never send to know for whom the nerf tolls; It tolls for thee."

I understand perfectly thanks. You take up the 'lack of understanding' debate with the powers that be if you think that after something like Globe got nerfed that an ability like Blessing is going to remain untouched for any great length of time.

Who the hell are you guys? I understand many of you have been here for ages but your words don't show it! I for one see the devs and see a shining example of what devs should be, they listen. Try playing Neverwinter, or any Perfect World game. Or even Mech Warrior Online. 

These devs are amazing. I'm loving the new Ember, I like the Idea (not the result) of the new Frost, I like the long list of fixes in most of the hotfixes.

MechWarrior Online went out of beta just a few months ago, during mid Closed Beta the devs said "Oh and we're almost done with UI 2.0!" And only released it this week, but have released countless P2W mechs all the while.

Digital Extremes on the other hand, released Hud 2.0, Dam 2.0, Several Boss 2.0s', added in Trade, added in the heavily requested PvP while (very thankfully) stuck with it's PvE mainstay. All while releasing weapons, and frames only accessible through Gameplay (Void/event gear), only having pretty bits for sale only. YET has kept in-touch and in-sync with the player base on various intervals. Still developing their OWN Game, something most Publishers don't allow.  

I'm not saying they're perfect, but they're hella better than most F2P devs. Doing something that's considered insane with this form of a "Live" game.

Edited by un1337ninj4

Digital Extremes on the other hand, released Hud 2.0, Dam 2.0, Several Boss 2.0s', added in Trade, added in the heavily requested PvP while (very thankfully) stuck with it's PvE mainstay. All while releasing weapons, and frames only accessible through Gameplay (Void/event gear), only having pretty bits for sale only. YET has kept in-touch and in-sync with the player base on various intervals. Still developing their OWN Game, something most Publishers don't allow.  

I'm not saying they're perfect, but they're hella better than most F2P devs. Doing something that's considered insane with this form of a "Live" game.

1. We hold them to a higher standard.

2. We praise the good stuff in threads where that's the topic.

3. You're still right, I'm just explaining the whole forum-community mentality

Trinity will probably be next, so I'm savoring all the games I can for now.

well, the Frost Nerf wasn't that bad. If they nerf Trinity, I hope they just make her ult only do Invincibility, not restore everyones health to max(maybe shields max is fine though, but she already has a health restore move, and it needs to be buffed, like if the enemy dies while under the effect of Font of Life, it drops a cluster of health orbs etc.)

anyway, I wouldn't worry too much.

Nerf Trinity, Nerf Nova. Frost never deserved a nerf before these two (and many other frames).

Either:

1# The developers have been eating brownies spiked with marijuanna

2# Or the tears of crybabies, who don't even understand how bad Frost already was, soaked into de's keyboards and switched the buttons for NOVA into FROST.

3# They compared Frost to Ember. /facepalm (One is a defensive frame, the other is a press 4 to win flaming chicken. There is no comparison!)

I vote for #1.

Because I cannot compute any logical reason why anyone would want to nerf Frost's Snowglobe , he was already bad enough.

Edited by Celseus