Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Non Defence Place To Level Up Mastery Fast

(PSN)SuperSaiyan4

Question

If you can join a squad, any survival would do. Popular survival nodes includes Appolo - Mercury, E Gate - Venus, Mimas - Saturn, Jupiter - Elara. I'm suggesting Elara because there are tonnes of Anti-MOA. Each of them gives like 300 affinity if I'm not mistaken.

Killing Vor is good too because he will spawn a wave with one guaranteed high level Grineer for each phase.

Rank 30 is the max you can have.

And I'll join the others to say survivals are best. Apollodorus for easy mode, Elara/Mimas for mid tier, Wendell on Phobos is mid tier hard for its level but really fun and Palus or Nuovo if you want some real challenge and hardcore affinity.

That said, the best way to rank up are Orokin Derelict Survivals but it needs to have a good and experienced team if you want to go further than the 20 minutes mark, Orokin Derelict Defenses are way easier if you have a Vauban and a Penta in team for a bit less xp and loot.

Levelling your gear is what ups your mastery rank. Once your gear hits 30 it will not contribute any further toward mastery rank. That's how I understand it.

Assuming the above is correct, I have a couple of questions if I may add to this thread:

Leveling a forma'd weapon that has rest to 1 gives you nothing toward mastery rank either. Is that true?

I have a Karak at 30, for example. If I built another fresh one. Levelling that to 30 would contribute to my mastery rank. Is that correct?

I got to level 5 last night. I'm desperate to get to 6 and crack on with the Soma as that appears to be all things to all men. If my understanding of things is correct. I'm looking at a few bp builds between now and then.

Finally. I'm a fortunate member of Destroy All Monsters. Are there any recommended clan weapons out there useable at level 5?

Ah so I need to re rank my weapons or my mastery won't increase??

once you hit rank 30 for the FIRST time on your weapon, that weapon will NOT give you affinity even if you built a new one or forma'd it, the best way IMO is to always try and have something in the foundry building for your next gaming session, be it a weapon or warframe or sentinel why not all? I'm mastery rank 10 BTW, hope this helps :)

once you hit rank 30 for the FIRST time on your weapon, that weapon will NOT give you affinity even if you built a new one or forma'd it, the best way IMO is to always try and have something in the foundry building for your next gaming session, be it a weapon or warframe or sentinel why not all? I'm mastery rank 10 BTW, hope this helps :)

Ah ok

As a follow up to the suggestion that you always have something in foundry so you can keep levelling stuff (because, as previous posters have mentioned, you get no mastery for levelling a weapon additional times (whether because you forma'd or built a new one - but a dual wield version is considered a new weapon)) - I find I don't have to worry about grinding levels on my weapons if I carry two good weapons and passively level another.  That way, you can kill high affinity targets with your good weapons, and the low level weapon still gets bonus affinity from everyone's kills (a group that sticks together really helps for this.  With a good, high ranking primary, you can even be pretty bold with a low level frame as long as you have a good aura and build for survivability (maybe not 1hr survivals, but you can easily knock off 15-30 minutes on Apollodorus pretty early on).

I agree survivals or odd are the most per mission but long missions. Infested md are the fastest. I went from rk 30 saryn to 2 formas and rk 30 again in 6 missions when Ceres was invaded. About 35 minutes with an affinity booster from the oxium thing

Edited by Zyba