Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage - Tentacle Tickle Gun

.Talia.

Even Accelerated Blast works on the gun, it's pretty sweet to have punture for Ancient Healers and Grineer in general. I'd say it's at least on par with the Synapse, if not better for the ammo economy and the utility.

puncture work on a weapons without puncture...

Accelerated Blast adds 60% of your basedmg as puntucre, no matter what damage it is... where's the problem?

The problem is it should not.

This gun deals elemental damage and it shouldn't be affected by a mod that increase physical damage.

Almost 100% sure this is not intended.

Phage is amazing, so creepy and powerful, looks out of a Sci Fi nightmare.

Look at these numbers, and its not even a maximum damage build, because i like using a maxed Seeking Force for Punch Through.

Warframe11.jpg

Warframe12.png

Warframe13.jpg

Warframe14.jpg

Your topic title made me things of Japanese anime for some reason.... >.<

why not add accelerated blast?

I prefer +90% Elemental Damage than +60% Puncture, in this case.

Can anyone explain me how accelerated blast affects this weapon? Both the bonuses, I mean...

It increases the fire rate, the dps, but no, it won't make the tentacles close faster on the concentrated beam if that's what you asking...

Edited by RexSol

I prefer +90% Elemental Damage than +60% Puncture, in this case.

It increases the fire rate, the dps, but no, it won't make the tentacles close faster on the concentrated beam if that's what you asking...

The 60% fire rate coupled with the 60% puncture will outdo a 90% increase.  Although you'll eat through your ammo fast.

But this weapon is like a flamethrower with really high damage. Just zoom in, fire your weapon, and when the beams converge you stop zooming in and just walk around like that. The ammo depletes so slow that you can keep firing like this and clear out rooms without fear of going low on ammo. Very good accuracy, too.

what mod load out are you using to get those numbers if I may ask.

Here you go!

Anti-Grineer: Radiation + Toxin + Viral

Radiation +75% damage against the most resistant grineer units

Toxin +25% vs Heavy Gunners and all other units that don't get the bonus from Radiation

This will leave you with -50% from Viral and Toxin vs Machinery which is Rollers, but still more than enough to kill them easily.

Warframeeee1.jpg

Anti-Corpus: Magnetic + Toxin + Viral

Magnetic: +75% vs Shields, don't have to say another thing.

Toxin: +50% vs all corpus humanoids and Bypasses Shields, they will be dead before the shields goes down

This will give you -25% vs Robotic but its OK

Warframeeee2.png

Anti-Infested: Puncture + Gas + Viral

Puncture from Accelerated Blast +25% Extra damage vs Ancient Healers

Gas: +75% vs all infested units except Toxic Ancients and Ancients Disrupters

^ Why this instead of Corrosive for the big ancients? Because Viral gives -50% to the same enemy types so i put Gas to balance it.

But if the big ancients are a problem for you, go with Corrosive + Pure heat

Warframeee3.jpg

Note that i use Seeking Force on all my builds, so i could get more damage if i wanted, but it simply doesn't need more damage, Punch Through is more useful.

Edited by RexSol

Isn't vicious spread too bad for it? I mean, damage increases, but you're forced to use it with the tentacles closed only, right?

You should already only use it with the tentacles closed. Spread out only 1/7 of the damage will hit somebody. You can close it to a point, or close it to a small cone. Either way, wide open isn't good.

Isn't vicious spread too bad for it? I mean, damage increases, but you're forced to use it with the tentacles closed only, right?

Not really, once you get used to the gun, you learn to adjust the spread as its needed.

I leave it kinda wide much like Ignis conal AoE, i only need a brief touch of a single tentacle to kill most of the units. 

If a heavy unit appears then i hold right click to close the tentacle beam a little more.

But i get what you mean, and this weapon was not made to use in hip fire, even without vicious spread. you have to close the spread at least a little.

I rarely use the fully concentrate beam, which makes this weapon much like the synapse.

If you completely closes the tentacle spread, vicious spread is barely noticeable. 

Edited by RexSol

What would be your ideal loadout? For pure theoretical damage, that is the best loadout. Tainted Shell would likely make it easier to use, allowing you to reach an optimal level of focus more often. Still doesn't change the fact that it is an incredibly powerful weapon.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Anti-Corpus: Magnetic + Toxin + Viral

Magnetic: +75% vs Shields, don't have to say another thing.

Toxin: +50% vs all corpus humanoids and Bypasses Shields, they will be dead before the shields goes down

This will give you -25% vs Robotic but its OK

Surely you should replace magnetic for radiation instead, because as you say, why worry about the shields if you are using toxin :3

The problem is it should not.

This gun deals elemental damage and it shouldn't be affected by a mod that increase physical damage.

Almost 100% sure this is not intended.

It is the only physical damage mod in the game that's worth using. All the others do absolutely nothing to weapons that lack that damage type (try adding slash damage to a Bolto) and scale with the base damage from that type, meaning that if you add a maxed out Concussion Rounds to your Bolto, the impact damage goes from 4 to 7... which is utterly pathetic when compared to Cryo Rounds (26 cold damage).

If it's not intended, I have no idea why DE even introduced the other physical damage mods. I don't know anyone who actually uses them.

What's the point of this weapon? It's considered a shotgun yet it works like a Flux/Synapse/Ignis (and even worse at what it does since you have to wait for the beams to turn into the big ray). I just don't get it why would anyone use it. Sure it looks cool, but still....

What's the point of this weapon? It's considered a shotgun yet it works like a Flux/Synapse/Ignis (and even worse at what it does since you have to wait for the beams to turn into the big ray). I just don't get it why would anyone use it. Sure it looks cool, but still....

Its strangely ammo efficient (can fire non stop for 40 seconds, I think) and has a higher base DPS than the other continuous weapons (once focused) and its nice to be able to "choose" the spread of the weapon, for single target destruction or crowd control.