Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pssst De (Why Nerf The Lato?)

NoPainNoSwol

Seriously?  I loved using the AKLatos for their aesthetic but now they make them absolutely worthless for WHAT REASON AGAIN?  To push people to buy and create new weapons or to put slight pressure on them so that new players just might be tempted to desperately get new weapons that aren't totally useless?  Come on DE.  They were mediocre enough but 12 damage is ridiculous.  

I can understand bringing a nerf to something like the Soma or the Brakk, but c'mon now, why would you nerf the starter weapons? If anything, they need buffs. They're poor enough as they are in the first place, a nerf is just overkill.

They likely made the starter weapons bad to force upgrade or cause new player to quit in the first 30 minutes, take your pick.

they also nerfed the aklato with u12, if no one else noticed

Whaaaa...? Why? 

Was the Lato really that OP that it needed a nerf in the first place? Of all the weapons you bring the nerf hammer to why the Lato, and now the Aklato. What is next, halving the damage of the skana?

As much as I do love and respect what DE does and would always try to attempt to understand why they did certain things, this had me stumped as well. It's hard to persuade a friend to stay with the premise that "the weapons will get significantly better" if the starter weapons are sad pieces of junk.

My friends hated the started frames and starter weapons so much it was a chore to get them to log in a second or third time. This just cements the fate of this game to make it harder and harder for new players to enjoy the title.

I know I've made Battlefield comparisons before, but it applies here as well. In Battlefield 3, you can start the game with an M4A1 Carbine if you play the engineer. You can use this weapon for the entire life of your time ingame, and it would still be a solid pick. Most people wouldn't.

There are so many fun weapons in the game, people play and play to get them all, but the point is players aren't punished just for having the AUDACITY to PLAY your freaking game. Yet that's exactly what they're doing here.

-Snipe-

It would be nice if DE considered giving people an option of a Tetra, Braton(not mk1), or a Karak as new player first weapons. The new game experience could be improved by quite a bit by giving people a choice of their starter weapon, and just getting rid of the current trash tier weapons.

If DE gave a choice of what starter secondary you left the first mission with it could improve the feel of the game. Trash tier weapons do not work with the current RNG for mods. Also, if people are disgusted by the starter weapons they would have little incentive to acquire market place platinum weapon when they have no way of knowing if they are just as bad.

Edited by LazyKnight

With 100% dmg up, the aklato is a piece of crap. I'm sorely regretting buying those. Lato needs to have status up to 50% and the aklato needs a crit boost or something. These things are terrible, almost not worth the mastery capping either (well... it is).

They nerfed Lato, umm ok, so where is that "buff train" DE?

Now i feel really bad for the new players i suppose many newbies will leave the game after short time due to fact that the game will be nightmare for them. This is simply discouraging, they should buff all starter weapons because better new player experience equal more potential players.

They nerfed Lato, umm ok, so where is that "buff train" DE?

Now i feel really bad for the new players i suppose many newbies will leave the game after short time due to fact that the game will be nightmare for them. This is simply discouraging, they should buff all starter weapons because better new player experience equal more potential players.

This brand new nerf to the starter pistols makes about as much sense as giving the MK-1 Braton primarily slash damage, considering the first enemies you meet are weak to puncture.