Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Finally someone knows what their  talking about.

too many people watch too many american made karate movies

other examples of false Japanese facts

katanas are possibly one of the worst swords in history, their made of impure steel and can not take much abuse as they are fragile as hell

samurai armor was incredibly weak compared to a European knight's platemail

in fact practically everything that had metal in it in japan was pathetic compared to europe and china, why because japan didn't have much iron on that island and what they did have wasn't very pure

mFbtjfz.gif

^^^^ a gif I love to use when talking about the quality of japans steel smithing

Edited by Melos-mevim

but a samurai is not a ninja. sure go with the not [insert frame here] isn't ninja eighter but still ninja in its absolute raw sense is definetly anti samurai!

Ninja are not anti-Samurai. Samurai are not anti-Ninja. Ninja and Samurai fulfilled different roles and had different driving causes... however it is not unheard of for Samurai and Ninja to work together for the same cause (Samurai serve their lord, Ninja serve whoever pays the best; if a Samurai's lord pays the best, then the Ninja and the Samurai work for the same person).

You know what also isn't a Ninja? Pirates. And we have a Pirate Warframe. So that more or less completely obliterates the "But it's not a ninja!" excuse. Clearly, as DE has demonstrated with many frames, the theme of a Warframe does not have to adhere to conventional and conservative concept of a Ninja.

still pretty darn accurate. ninjas used whatever they had.

Ninja with a rocket launcher? Exactly the same as a private military contractor (a.k.a. mercenary) with a rocket launcher. So anyone who fights for money and has a rocket launcher is now essentially a Ninja. (if you adhere to the traditional "Ninja" trope, a Ninja would never actually use a rocket launcher because Ninja traditionally fight entirely from the shadows, and a rocket launcher is *not* stealthy).

well the ogris is silent...

It isn't intended to be.

Also, I'm going to turn this silly argument upside down...

The Tenno are more like Samurai than they are Ninja - This could be reasoned by the fact that we serve the Lotus and strive to restore order and balance. The Tenno are also, in a way, a type of nobility (the opposite could be argued as well, that they aren't nobility and thus are closer to Ninja, but this is all speculation until we truly know the Tenno's lore and their status/relationship to Orokin society).

The big question is whether a Samurai is defined by their birthright (nobility or commoner), the code of honor they follow (bushido), or that they serve nobility (the lotus) with unquestioning loyalty.

Basically, thusfar there has been a serious breakdown of the traditional "Ninja" trope so much so that the Tenno (and Warframes) both are and are not Ninja. The breakdown of the trope has progressed to the point where "But it's not a ninja" simply isn't a viable excuse for why something shouldn't be implemented in the game. 

Ninja are not anti-Samurai. Samurai are not anti-Ninja. Ninja and Samurai fulfilled different roles and had different driving causes... however it is not unheard of for Samurai and Ninja to work together for the same cause (Samurai serve their lord, Ninja serve whoever pays the best; if a Samurai's lord pays the best, then the Ninja and the Samurai work for the same person).

It's not even like you had to be one or the other. Many Samurai served as Ninja from time to time.

You know what also isn't a Ninja? Pirates. And we have a Pirate Warframe. So that more or less completely obliterates the "But it's not a ninja!" excuse. Clearly, as DE has demonstrated with many frames, the theme of a Warframe does not have to adhere to conventional and conservative concept of a Ninja.

Ninja with a rocket launcher? Exactly the same as a private military contractor (a.k.a. mercenary) with a rocket launcher. So anyone who fights for money and has a rocket launcher is now essentially a Ninja. (if you adhere to the traditional "Ninja" trope, a Ninja would never actually use a rocket launcher because Ninja traditionally fight entirely from the shadows, and a rocket launcher is *not* stealthy).

It isn't intended to be.

Also, I'm going to turn this silly argument upside down...

The Tenno are more like Samurai than they are Ninja - This could be reasoned by the fact that we serve the Lotus and strive to restore order and balance. The Tenno are also, in a way, a type of nobility (the opposite could be argued as well, that they aren't nobility and thus are closer to Ninja, but this is all speculation until we truly know the Tenno's lore and their status/relationship to Orokin society).

The big question is whether a Samurai is defined by their birthright (nobility or commoner), the code of honor they follow (bushido), or that they serve nobility (the lotus) with unquestioning loyalty.

Basically, thusfar there has been a serious breakdown of the traditional "Ninja" trope so much so that the Tenno (and Warframes) both are and are not Ninja. The breakdown of the trope has progressed to the point where "But it's not a ninja" simply isn't a viable excuse for why something shouldn't be implemented in the game. 

i think i love you right now letter that was a beautiful post almost worth a thread of its own and maybe we wouldnt have so much complaining about top hats lol

too many people watch too many american made karate movies

other examples of false Japanese facts

katanas are possibly one of the worst swords in history, their made of impure steel and can not take much abuse as they are fragile as hell

samurai armor was incredibly weak compared to a European knight's platemail

in fact practically everything that had metal in it in japan was pathetic compared to europe and china, why because japan didn't have much iron on that island and what they did have wasn't very pure

[bb]http://i.imgur.com/mFbtjfz.gif[/bb]

while the armor was week the way they layered it like romans made it very durable. And the Katana was an amazing weapon for what it was made for. The way it was crafted was a special way that made it VERY sharp, and it was meant to be a one hit kill weapon. And in later periods when they were made out of steel it was a force to be rekond with.

while the armor was week the way they layered it like romans made it very durable. And the Katana was an amazing weapon for what it was made for. The way it was crafted was a special way that made it VERY sharp, and it was meant to be a one hit kill weapon. And in later periods when they were made out of steel it was a force to be rekond with.

actually wrong, other swords were made with steel that had just as deadly of a cutting edge, for example anything made out of Damascus steel, also there are not nearly as many records of corpses found with bones (and teeth) cut clean (not broken there is a difference) from katanas as there are with European swords

also even when katanas were made of steel they were not durable because of how impure the steel is, one swing would be enough to break the sword, and the myth that folding steel makes it stronger than the traditional method of banging a chunk of iron in to shape is false, while it would of made it stronger for the japanese it was still much much weaker compared to a pure steel sword in europe, europeans when they discovered the method used by the japanese to forge katanas they dubbed it pigs metal, reason being is each time they folded the steel they created a multitude of errors as well as an uneven distribution of carbon

katanas are the joke of swords, they look cool and have been over hyped by animes and movies but whenever you put them up against any other sword they fall flat in usability, they lack the durability be strike over and over or with the same force as even a typical broadsword and their to weak to block or even parry, their all show and thats it

Edited by Melos-mevim

actually wrong, other swords were made with steel that had just as deadly of a cutting edge, for example anything made out of Damascus steel, also there are not nearly as many records of corpses found with bones (and teeth) cut clean (not broken there is a difference) from katanas as there are with European swords

also even when katanas were made of steel they were not durable because of how impure the steel is, one swing would be enough to break the sword, and the myth that folding steel makes it stronger than the traditional method of banging a chunk of iron in to shape is false, while it would of made it stronger for the japanese it was still much much weaker compared to a pure steel sword in europe, europeans when they discovered the method used by the japanese to forge katanas they dubbed it pigs metal, reason being is each time they folded the steel they created a multitude of errors as well as an uneven distribution of carbon

katanas are the joke of swords, they look cool and have been over hyped by animes and movies but whenever you put them up against any other sword they fall flat in usability, they lack the durability be strike over and over or with the same force as even a typical broadsword and their to weak to block or even parry, their all show and thats it

well i guess that my professionaly made katana that cut strait through a pigs skull just mean its completely useless. Edited by Senketsu_

well o guess that my professionaly made katana that strait through a pigs skull just mean its completely useless.

compared to a german broad sword that can cut through armor, yeah pretty much, authentic european swords were found still sharp enough to cut through armor, the idea that a sword needs to dent an armor before doing damage is a myth that was born through the use of blunt fake swords in early theater

Edited by Melos-mevim

compared to a german broad sword that can cut through armor, yeah pretty much

I'm not saying it's the best weapon. I'm just saying its a very well concepted and implemented one. And plus any broad sword will beat any lighter weapon even a European longsword. The Katana was made to be a cutting and stabbing weapon. Not a hacking and slashing one. Both weapons were ment to be used with different tactics.

I'm not saying it's the best weapon. I'm just saying its a very well concepted and implemented one. And plus any broad sword will beat any lighter weapon even a European longsword. The Katana was made to be a cutting and stabbing weapon. Not a hacking and slashing one. Both weapons were ment to be used with different tactics.

european swords were used for hacking slashing cutting and stabbing, they performed all the same tasks katanas performed, and when you get down to it the one task all weapons have in common is to kill, and with that in mind the katana is a joke of a sword compared to the weapons of the west world

Wow. A blades weapon debate. I am clueless as to what is true, but you got to remember you are talking about what was the best depending on where they were, globaly.

If the katanas were weak against a metal armor, that us an invalid point since they fought each other with the same swords, and the same armors.

The only thing I find interesting is the weakness, then duels would have been a nono. But the staff or sai would probably have worked great.

Wow. A blades weapon debate. I am clueless as to what is true, but you got to remember you are talking about what was the best depending on where they were, globaly.

If the katanas were weak against a metal armor, that us an invalid point since they fought each other with the same swords, and the same armors.

The only thing I find interesting is the weakness, then duels would have been a nono. But the staff or sai would probably have worked great.

katanas were weak against metal armor as well as another blade, they lack the ability to block or even parry that other swords have, they also are far more brittle compared to other swords meaning they have to be swung in a method that is not nearly as easy as it looks, you swing the wrong way you can and will break the blade, it takes many years to learn how to properly use a katana way more than it does to learn to use western swords, making them an unreasonable and unreliable weapon in comparison

yes katanas were good weapons where they were, but thats a small portion of the world, and if a samurai and a knight ever crossed paths both fully suited and armed the winner would be the knight as their weaponry and armor were superior to japans

Edited by Melos-mevim

yes katanas were good weapons where they were, but thats a small portion of the world, and if a samurai and a knight ever crossed paths both fully suited and armed the winner would be the knight as their weaponry and armor were superior to japans

while he might have won, the Samurai would have had the speed to back him up, while a Knight who was indeed more protected, are known to have been very slow. it would have been a very close fight.

while he might have won, the Samurai would have had the speed to back him up, while a Knight who was indeed more protected, are known to have been very slow. it would have been a very close fight.

actually the whole thing about knights being slow is a myth, the equipment a knight used for say a jousting tournament was much different than actual battle equipment which was lighter highly durable and allowed for more mobility than believed, also when fully armored the samurai would of been slower than you would think

actually the whole thing about knights being slow is a myth, the equipment a knight used for say a jousting tournament was much different than actual battle equipment which was lighter highly durable and allowed for more mobility than believed, also when fully armored the samurai would of been slower than you would think

ive worn both, ive always been in love with knights and medieval. simply wearing a full chainmail shirt was able to slow me down quite alot. The jointed plated armor did make you more flexible but WAY heavy compaired to a Samurais armor, which was similar to the Romans armor in that it was layered with lighter metal to give both protection and mobility. Now the Katana was also a VERY light sword, and was balanced in a way that gave the user much more control over the blade, and that is were its advantage lies, since you had more control over the blade, you had more accurate swings, while longswords and broadswords used the weight of their blade to add the hacking power they needed to damage their foe.   

this entire europe vs japan debate has got me thinking, what would a knight frame designed by red look like?

Lol ive been wanting a true knight frame for so long, I dont count Oberon seeing as hes more Druid then Paladin.

ive worn both, ive always been in love with knights and medieval. simply wearing a full chainmail shirt was able to slow me down quite alot. The jointed plated armor did make you more flexible but WAY heavy compaired to a Samurais armor, which was similar to the Romans armor in that it was layered with lighter metal to give both protection and mobility. Now the Katana was also a VERY light sword, and was balanced in a way that gave the user much more control over the blade, and that is were its advantage lies, since you had more control over the blade, you had more accurate swings, while longswords and broadswords used the weight of their blade to add the hacking power they needed to damage their foe.   

modern day replicas of European armor and swords are inaccurate in means of weight, for example the heaviest sword ever found was 5 pounds, most were 1-3 pounds meaning they could not rely solely on weight to damage a foe real european swords and combat manuals actually required a fine amount of finesse and accuracy to use also as I previously mentioned the geomotry of european swords made then beyond exceptional cuttign tools able to cut not only though sturdy biological masses like teeth and bone, but also cut through plate mail a feat katanas are not capable of. As well the art of making proper chain mail has been lost for centuries what is made today are cheap attempts to recreate this beautiful item.

european arms and armor have been made to look clumbsy through years of misrepresentation starting with the romanticism era and katanas and other japanese arms and armor have been made to look more than they really are thanks to years of misrepresentation in movies and anime. Anyone who actually knows their history of medieval warfare (of both Europe and japan) will tell you everything europe had out did japan

Edited by Melos-mevim

If a space Knight direction rather than a space Ninja direction is the desired route, I think Destiny did a very good job with this image right here.

Destiny_PromoThumb01.jpg

That is what they are; the Knights with awesome powers versus the Ninjas with awesome powers, both looking like cousins at the same wedding.

If a space Knight direction rather than a space Ninja direction is the desired route, I think Destiny did a very good job with this image right here.

Destiny_PromoThumb01.jpg

That is what they are; the Knights with awesome powers versus the Ninjas with awesome powers, both looking like cousins at the same wedding.

please no please dont ever compare something as majestic and beautiful as a knight to that, that cheap crap

Edited by Melos-mevim

modern day replicas of European armor and swords are inaccurate in means of weight, for example the heaviest sword ever found was 5 pounds, most were 1-3 pounds meaning they could not rely solely on weight to damage a foe real european swords and combat manuals actually required a fine amount of finesse and accuracy to use also as I previously mentioned the geomotry of european swords made then beyond exceptional cuttign tools able to cut not only though sturdy biological masses like teeth and bone, but also cut through plate mail a feat katanas are not capable of. As well the art of making proper chain mail has been lost for centuries what is made today are cheap attempts to recreate this beautiful item.

european arms and armor have been made to look clumbsy through years of misrepresentation starting with the romanticism era and katanas and other japanese arms and armor have been made to look more than they really are thanks to years of misrepresentation in movies and anime. Anyone who actually knows their history of medieval warfare (of both Europe and japan) will tell you everything europe had out did japan

I disagree, and why do you think I dont know my history? anyway Im not going to continue debating. For one we clearly dont see eye to eye, so all I can say is lets agree to disagree. and second this is a thread about Typhus, so lets not derail it even more. I respect your opinion, even though I dont agree with it, and I hope you will do the same for mine.

I disagree, and why do you think I dont know my history? anyway Im not going to continue debating. For one we clearly dont see eye to eye, so all I can say is lets agree to disagree. and second this is a thread about Typhus, so lets not derail it even more. I respect your opinion, even though I dont agree with it, and I hope you will do the same for mine.

aye cheers mate let things just return to the discussion of typhus

please no please dont ever compare something as majestic and beautiful as a knight to that, that cheap crap

Depends on your intention of comparison. Is Loki or Vauban a good reference for a ninja in feudal Japan? No, in a sci-fi war-ridden world of space-conflicts? Why not? A space-ninja cant jump around in simple garb now can they?

A space sci-fi Knight you describe sound like a mecha or power-armor. Though this is doable, I think for design and estethics in Warframe it would be a little out of place.

And I take it you are not a fan of the design choices made in Destiny then?