The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

When I first showed the weapon to the devs and they asked me how it would be used I replied with this video but I am expecting it to be toned down a little, animation wise. https://youtu.be/vhRYy59w2wU?t=1

From watching that clip, Mios should be a pretty good new addition to the game with the animations . Should add Typhus to go along with it, eh?

Edited by Pyro15232

Next is the helmet. People sure do hate it! Some calling it a anteater nose. Actually it's based off a Seahorse head. Doing a quick google search of all the different kinds of seahorses makes many of them look like tiny dragons swimming in the water (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140519115054/dragonvale/images/d/d2/Leafy_Sea_Dragon_3.jpg). You can see how eastern culture used them for the inspiration for dragons. Hopefully that will help you understand the inspiration behind his helmet. After that you're free to love it or hate it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As for the whole design itself, there's also some discussion saying it's grotesque and displeasing. I like to believe they're going back to their original views on Warframe, more obscure designs that really can't be compared to anything but its name.

I have said it time and time again. 

Seahorse theme is not what we wanted.

Anyways. I hope DE learns from this mistake and reads more into about what the community wants. 

I must say that if they do put a frame that is supposedly themed around the same things as Typhus then I hope they at least make it look good. Otherwise I just see it as an insult to the community and all of the people that put their hard work into the fan concepts. 

I support Typhus 100%. I am starting to question DE however.

Hmm. This is a sensitive topic. We must understand that it is the Artteam who creates and makes the items for the game. What they do and how they do it, is their job and creative license.

I will however say this about warframe designs. When it comes down to an idea or concept that have alot of community-backing, it feels strange when DE do not talk about it. Again, they really don´t HAVE to include us in ANYTHING they do. They have been secretive about most things in the game actually.

But I think we all learned a good lesson here from CHROMA. Never mix paid official artcreation with fan-created popular demand, unless there is a clear defined plan and motivation behind it. This mess is due to existing fan-concepts and unclear and too vague comments by the developers.

Again they don´t owe us anything, exept give us content that is fun and well made.

But if the warframe had been based around parasitic powers like Typhus instead of dragon, and they would have gone ahead and said it was really wanted by the community, knowing full well how well known Typhus is, and made a design that really didn´t match Typhus the way he has been designed by Redskittlez, the same kind of surprise and confusion would have followed.

Man that was a long sentence.

I am saying that the devs, Mynki in perticular, have every right to do whatever they want. We can wish for things and tell them if something is really putting us off, but thats it really.

If they made a parasitic warframe and made it look like a pandabear with scubagear on, that IS their power.

*Mynki and Steve, please don´t make Typhus into a pandabear with scubagear on.*

If they made a parasitic warframe and made it look like a pandabear with scubagear on, that IS their power.

*Mynki and Steve, please don´t make Typhus into a pandabear with scubagear on.*

"A panda bear with scuba gear on" I am totally making that!

Just today, I've come up with an idea for a Samurai themed WF and have been directed here as Samurai are a part of your inspiration. I must say that in general, your concept is thought through, art is detailed and well drawn.

As appealing as it is, if DE were to accept this into the game and say "Samurai warframe: Check. Moving on..." I'd be vastly, vastly dissappointed. This is far from a Samurai spirit gameplay/lore wise. Again, while my purpose of coming here is highly unfullfilled, this work is of artistic quality and I affirm that the Samurai were rather an inspiration for armor design.

TL;DR, It's awesome, but not my cup of tea. 

Just today, I've come up with an idea for a Samurai themed WF and have been directed here as Samurai are a part of your inspiration. I must say that in general, your concept is thought through, art is detailed and well drawn.

As appealing as it is, if DE were to accept this into the game and say "Samurai warframe: Check. Moving on..." I'd be vastly, vastly dissappointed. This is far from a Samurai spirit gameplay/lore wise. Again, while my purpose of coming here is highly unfullfilled, this work is of artistic quality and I affirm that the Samurai were rather an inspiration for armor design.

TL;DR, It's awesome, but not my cup of tea. 

"Samurai spirit gameplay/lore wise"

coming from a game that makes Pirates turn into puddles.

This is not for everyone, everyone has their own preferences. I did this to explore a concept. And I think I succeed. Did I think a bit out of the box? Sure. am I telling you to like it. Nope. Just don't tell me it can't be a thing because it goes against some arbitrary rules. This is a science fiction game. Key word here: fiction.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Just remembered you once talked about a "movie" and you showed some designs for it.

So I'm wondering, how is this project going Red ?

I really liked these concepts.

Sadly, the fan-made Warframe movie "Tenno Outcast" which I was working on is being canceled due to obligations the artists had which took priority.

The script for the film will be released as a fan fiction or comic at a later date. (Maybe)