Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

only two issues I that breaks a warframe trend is an exposed mouth. all the frames dont have much of a visible mouth of a visor.

and theres not an actual armor from what it looks like it seems like a very tough exoskeleton.

But very good work!

I don't mean to be rude but this is slightly similar to saryn and if implemented why would anyone use saryn because this is so much better in everyway.

How is he like Saryn? 

And "Why would anyone use Saryn" ..

Well, why would anyone use any other frames than Rhino? Or Nyx?  Or Loki? Or Booben? 

only two issues I that breaks a warframe trend is an exposed mouth. all the frames dont have much of a visible mouth of a visor.

and theres not an actual armor from what it looks like it seems like a very tough exoskeleton.

But very good work!

A Warframe is an exoskeleton for the Tenno, its pretty much their second skin.

Edited by Senketsu_

But very good work!

"exposed mouth" Yeah, and your point is?  We don't know what's under the armor.  It could be anything.  You have to remember that this is a very unique kind of case, because the armor exposes the wearer when it takes damage.  If you actually read the physiology, you'd know it affects the wearer, makes he's skin see-through and glowing with Void energy.  Keep in mind, Tenno apparently don't have "eyes".  How can I explain how Warframes see?  Because of lack of lore, we don't know. So this is an artist's interpretation of how the Warframe (in this case, Typhus) sees.

"Every Warframe is unique."

Also,

warframe_by_redskittlez_da-d77ez6o.jpg

Edited by RedSkittlez

-talky wordy-

-Stuff-

Hey, Sneak. No offense, but you really ought to read more. I mean, like, this information is not hard to find, all you have to do is... you know, read the wiki, lurk the forums, and read the OP.

But hey, thanks for posting and bringing the thread up to the first page. That means a lot to me, and I'm sure Red appreciates it too.

The things to do list:

1) Finish up Typhus' Physiology and Anatomy.

2) Look back on abilities and maybe change number 4 to make it "less simple".

Note: If people like this ability enough I'll keep it. If I do change it, perhaps something like Typhus forms a Katana of void energy and plunges it into his chest, causing energy blades to embed into surrounding enemies and pump them full of Viral damage at the cost of some of Typhus' health or something like this↓ Kakumeiki-Valvrave-Harakiri.pngtumblr_mnn37fJI4N1r6syygo1_500.gif

That skill would be AWESOME!! 

about the 4th skill, I honestly was/am looking more forward towards cataclysm than this other proposed idea, I mean if the problem is cataclysm is to simple you could give it a buff of sorts like what ever enemies not killed by the tendrils are ensnared in them temporarily allowing typhus + team to dispatch of them, also since I imagine the tendrils are the same as the ones he uses for his first ability why not have it so there is a small chance it will heal him. This newly proposed idea feels to close to boiling blood only much stronger and requires typhus to stab himself, so thats just my 2 cents, what ever happens I A hope it ends up in the game (and looking just like it does now) and B always excited to see more from this project.

DE needs to make this.

If it had a chance of being a prime i'd probably have a heart-attack.

Speaking of heart-attacks; imagine some inhuman noises coming out of this walking blender, Would I be right to assume that?

>Passive stance< (not in attacks of course is what I am getting at)...love to freak people out by just standing in the clan hall making some sort of bone-crackling noise.

Edited by OracleTurrent

DE needs to make this.

If it had a chance of being a prime i'd probably have a heart-attack.

Speaking of heart-attacks; imagine some inhuman noises coming out of this walking blender, Would I be right to assume that?

>Passive stance< (not in attacks of course is what I am getting at)...love to freak people out by just standing in the clan hall making some sort of bone-crackling noise.

I'd see Typhus in the shadow frames (Idea from Rexxer) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198624-new-warframe-idea-shadow-frames-and-blackhand/?hl=rexxer

More than the primes.

Gold on Typhus? Naaaa

I'd see Typhus in the shadow frames (Idea from Rexxer) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198624-new-warframe-idea-shadow-frames-and-blackhand/?hl=rexxer

More than the primes.

Gold on Typhus? Naaaa

Warframes that can't be primes:

Saryn

Vauban

Valkyr

Nekros

and Typhus

I really don't see them as Primes.

That's why i suggess Vandal frames, an alternate tenno version.

Warframes that can't be primes:

Saryn

Vauban

Valkyr

Nekros

and Typhus

I really don't see them as Primes.

That's why i suggess Vandal frames, an alternate tenno version.

I actually have no issue seeing them as primes, but that's primarily because I view Primes as an essential part of every Warframe according to my interpretation of the lore - them being, in essence, the progenitors of the their specific technocyte strain, with the DNA sequence of them being pristine, as opposed to the "standard" versions, where repeated production has caused a slight deterioration.

In regards to the new proposed 4th ability, I like the visual idea, but I'm wondering if it's all that different from the current iteration?

I.e. launching spines into the ground that then erupt under enemies, immobilizing and dealing damage to them, replenishing Typhus' life in the process. Versus launching tendrils into surrounding enemies, dealing damage at the cost of some of Typhus' life.

I am, of course, not as intimate with your concept, but I was thinking - mostly based on your lore description of the new ability - about adding a slight support ability?

By that, I mean; seeing the fact that he materializes a Void Energy Katana in order to trigger a biological reaction in himself, that ultimately harms enemies, you already have half of the explanation of how Typhus might be able to - a bit uncharacteristically, perhaps - feed the biological energy back into his allies, by using the Void Katana to do so.

Let's say the proposed alteration is the first half of the attack; the tendrils then retract back into Typhus, who withdraws the Void Katana from his chest, and makes a wide-arced sweeping strike, "spattering" nearby friends in the Void Energy, now enriched by the biological mass of their enemies, as well as the unique properties of Typhus' own physiology. This "concoction" then; the Void energy being the deliverer, Typhus' own biological mass being the adjuvant, and the biomass of enemies being the proverbial medicine contained within, results in their shield or health, and perhaps armor, being improved, depending on the enemy type - much like Cannibalize Armour.

The "sacrificial" part is still present, insofar that Typhus would still be sacrificing his own health, and - unlike Cannibalize Armour - not have it replenished, as all of the newly acquired biomaterial is "sucked" into the Void Katana.

In any case, just an idea in case you were looking for some input.

In terms of feedback, as mentioned, I really like the visual style of the new ability. I've always been a sucker for blood magic, and this is somewhat reminiscent in terms of execution (pun intended), I'd say. ;)

Edited by Santiak

about the 4th skill, I honestly was/am looking more forward towards cataclysm than this other proposed idea, I mean if the problem is cataclysm is to simple you could give it a buff of sorts like what ever enemies not killed by the tendrils are ensnared in them temporarily allowing typhus + team to dispatch of them.

As much as I love Cataclysm, that would make it feel a bit too much like Rhino Stomp. You know?

I'm trying to work my brain around this new idea, myself, but to my understanding its because we want to shift to a more "Samurai" sort of aesthetic, as seen in earlier concepts.

As much as I love Cataclysm, that would make it feel a bit too much like Rhino Stomp. You know?

I'm trying to work my brain around this new idea, myself, but to my understanding its because we want to shift to a more "Samurai" sort of aesthetic, as seen in earlier concepts.

I do understand it is a bit like the rhino ult but thats not the only AoE ult, for example embers world on fire, wait no thats a horrid comparison, ah I know reckoning, it would seem a bit more like reckoning, reckoning essentially is the same as the rhino stomp only more initial damage done, the enemy disabled for a shorter time, and the additional chance of getting health out of it, a buffed cataclysm would be more akin to that, and would go along with the idea of a parasite frame as this is, it also plays along with making typhus the ideal solo frame that myself and I am sure a handful of others got looking at his abilities. However even if the 4th ability is changed it might be better if isn't the proposed new idea as that is pretty much a different take on boiling blood just different process of doing it, would rather see an ability like another frames (because those happen all the time snowglobe-worldonfire hallowed ground-fireblast stomp-reckoning etc.) than seeing to abilities that are virtually the same in one frame.