Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Amazing! Particularly love cannibalize armour, damn cool concept art. Unsure about boiling blood though, seems odd that if Typhus explodes suddenly he is only slight scratched and whole again. Mimic looks great though... fits the warframe well, and creates a new avenue of attack for the warframe, rather than just going in and smacking everything until it is small enough to eat. Couldn't agree more, this is really reminiscent of Prototype...perfect for an infested! I really hope that DE implements this warframe in the next update! Please DE, please!

Edited by theshadow869

We decided to make the power ideas as relatively simple as possible. It's up to the devs, whether they take our suggestions at the end of the day really, you know? All we can do is provide ideas. What we've listed is examples so far, we haven't really gone too in-depth. We're thinking on putting the improvements on a timer, as we feel that would be best for balance. All of Typhus' abilities are basically to improve his health or quickly heal him in combat. As an example, Devour is for a quick shot of health in a hectic fire-fight, Cannibalize Armour is to bolster his defenses, and Cataclysm is a Heal Over Time deal. The only raw damage power that Typhus has, that doesn't heal him, is Boiling Blood.

I'm not trying to offend, I do appreciate your ideas.

No offense taken what so ever. :)

As I said, I really like your concept, and the only reason I'm throwing questions and some suggestions at you, is to try and help clarify some of the ideas you've gone with, and in some cases, see if you've considered other possibilities (which I reckon is the effective goal of giving feedback). The fact that you can answer them so concretely, is only a sign of how well thought-out your concept is.

The best way for me to help you realize your concept, is to help make sure that If (when, hopefully) DE were to go with your concept, and wanted to stay as true as possible to your original concept, you would have already encountered a good chunk of the questions or suggestions someone not as intimately familiar with your concept as yourself might have. Effectively both speeding up the process, but also keeping the implementation from getting "messy", by way of on-the-spot articulation of answers to previously unasked questions, that might not line up with the rest of the concept.

So all in all, I'm mostly playing the fool, and perhaps asking some obvious questions, only because I know how some aspects of conceptual ideas are prone to seem self-explanatory to the creator, but not as clearly-defined for outsiders trying to comprehend the idea of the concept.

As mentioned, the fact that you can explain them so concretely, is only a compliment on how well thought-out the concept is, and how much work you've put into it, and not in any way something I could take offense to. :)

Conversely, neither are my questions or ideas meant to be offensive, or in any way to interfere with your concept. I'm not as much playing the role of a fellow philosopher fleshing out an idea, but more that of a child trying to understand it. ;)

Oh yeah man, they're like, totally mutated. They've got these weird things called feet, and they've got like, toes and sh*t. :P

Nah, they're probably as normal as any other Tenno's legs.

i was just asking because if the host is mutated, shouldn't the host's legs be 

mutated?

i was just asking because if the host is mutated, shouldn't the host's legs be 

mutated?

I find this a rather silly question, I'm not gonna lie.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why would Typhus' legs need to be more heavily mutated than any other Tenno? They seem to do just fine in a Plantigrade stance. It's not like they need to have Anthropod legs, or Digitigrade legs.

I find this a rather silly question, I'm not gonna lie.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why would Typhus' legs need to be more heavily mutated than any other Tenno? They seem to do just fine in a Plantigrade stance. It's not like they need to have Anthropod legs, or Digitigrade legs.

what i meant was like if he could put tiny spikes out like soccer cleats for traction. you know, so he gets a speed boost above other tenno i never said anything about extra appendages

Edited by Born13

what i meant was like if he could put tiny spikes out like soccer cleats for traction. you know, so he gets a speed boost above other tenno i never said anything about extra appendages

I just heard that we were actually working on something like that (It'll be coming later on in the physiology section). Think like the little hairs on spider's legs that help them climb and stuff. 'Cause without that Typhus wouldn't be able to run across smooth floors. So, heh, sorry if I came off as kind of a $&*^, mate. I feel kinda bad now...

so mostly Saryns younger bother but is more about killing and feeding off flesh? :o

Not exactly. Saryn is more about poisoning and melting stuff. Typhus is focused more on the infectious side of things, like, causing diseases and eating people and stuff. See, every Warframe is semi-organic. Saryn is more like a plant or flower. Whereas Typhus is more like a bug, just to compare outward aesthetics and the like.

Edited by Teqnologyque

You sir, get a +1000.This the best Warframe Concept ever put in the forums other than Zephyr! You have unbelievable artistic skills and dedication, the abilities are beyond gruesome and entertaining, his armor is remarkable, everything about this frame is marvelous! You have went ABOVE AND BEYOND

The Rookin [WIP]

warframe___the_rookin_wip_by_redskittlez

Since Typhus is a Samurai-ish Warframe, I decided to make a unique Infected katana weapon for him.  Here's a few examples of the weapon, which I'll call it the "Rookin" it has movable organic teeth. (Basically a organic chainsaw).

Edited by RedSkittlez

The Rookin [WIP]

Love all 3 designs, although I think #2 would work well as a wakizashi - possibly in combination with #1 as the katana, as the two seem to share more similarities in design.

Excellent work as always - hope they make it into the game as well. :)

Edited by Santiak

I  would like to correct the first power Devour instead of ripping of a chunk of flesh off of a single enemy why not take it a step forward,

when it penetrates an enemy additional tendrils erupt from the target to the nearest targets near it (if any are present at all, range expandable) take slightly lesser chunks and finally to top it off send any surviving targets flying/flailed away (weeee....) and make the power cheap too. XD  

Edited by smileyhunter777

I  would like to correct the first power Devour instead of ripping of a chunk of flesh off of a single enemy why not take it a step forward,

when it penetrates an enemy additional tendrils erupt from the target to the nearest targets near it (if any are present at all, range expandable) take slightly lesser chunks and finally to top it off send any surviving targets flying/flailed away (weeee....). XD  

That's a 1 ability.  You do realize that, right?

i would say he should get armor like val but not as much since one of ablitys makes him go up close

I dunno... most of Excalibur's powers rely on him being in the thick of the fighting, and he's only got... what, 65 armour or something?

Armour is a dump-stat in this game so far anyway, like resistance in Dark Souls.