The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@de So About The Grimlok And Timewalls.

-Pearl-

I know it's grinlok, but Transformers (old version and/or the games) are amazballs.

Anyway, no this isn't a death threat or complaint or anything. It's more of a plea.

DE: Dude(t) I don't wanna see you trend yourself into making all weapons and warframes outside of primes into clan tech. As is, the grind to get the materials for the Grimlok was about twenty minutes. Least for me. Twenty minutes devoted to getting the materials for an entire weapon with Shadowclan requirements and me(us) having to wait 3 days to know what other materials we need.

Idea: I know that ^ will be ignored, I just feel it. So an ultimatum: Cut the research times down a bit. All the future ones anyways. 48 hours total. 36 for the research, 12 for the weapon. Makes sense, the tenno spend 36 hours staring at a weapon, gathering, perfecting, so on and so forth. It shouldn't take them more than 12 hours to build one from scratch after glaring at their blueprints like a high-power-cap Booben at an ancient distruptor for 36 hours.

Also, for the future. Consider this: Put the requirements for the weapon itself next to the research requirements that way when we're done getting the mats for the research, we can spend the next few days gathering materials for the weapon itself.

Now I leave you with this:

1424864-grimlock.jpg

Edited by -Vash-

I know it's grinlok, but Transformers (old version and/or the games) are amazballs.

Anyway, no this isn't a death threat or complaint or anything. It's more of a plea.

DE: Dude(t) I don't wanna see you trend yourself into making all weapons and warframes outside of primes into clan tech. As is, the grind to get the materials for the Grimlok was about twenty minutes. Least for me. Twenty minutes devoted to getting the materials for an entire weapon with Shadowclan requirements and me(us) having to wait 3 days to know what other materials we need.

Idea: I know that ^ will be ignored, I just feel it. So an ultimatum: Cut the research times down a bit. All the future ones anyways. 48 hours total. 36 for the research, 12 for the weapon. Makes sense, the tenno spend 36 hours staring at a weapon, gathering, perfecting, so on and so forth. It shouldn't take them more than 12 hours to build one from scratch after glaring at their blueprints like a high-power-cap Booben at an ancient distruptor for 36 hours.

Also, for the future. Consider this: Put the requirements for the weapon itself next to the research requirements that way when we're done getting the mats for the research, we can spend the next few days gathering materials for the weapon itself.

Now I leave you with this:

1424864-grimlock.jpg

ME GRIMLOCK! ME NO BOZO!

Well it is a free to play so there has to be some downside. I've noticed that's been forgotten recently.

I get that, there's always been a downside with it. But as of late it's been seeming like they've been punishing the free-players a bit with the clan research being available in the shop. I'm just hoping they balance it a bit really and put up the requirements for the research equipment after it's researched.

Well it is a free to play so there has to be some downside. I've noticed that's been forgotten recently.

there's free to play with downside like most of them and then there's this. stetting up a system better for pay to win players and free to players can still do it at greater cost, which we are all ok with. but then getting ride of that to make a system even more based on pay to win being the much better option. like "oh they were ok with that? hmm lets see how far we can keep pushing them until it not" not a great way to keep people around. 

The problem here is that making it a 3 day wait due to clan tech vs the 12 hour wait for the blueprints to finish is a bit jarring. From my observations in the past clan tech was meant to be intentionally gated and walled off from the cash shop so that you couldn't bypass it until you had the proper mastery or your clan unlocked the access. Having it purchasable for plat while only requiring the requisite rank more or less invalidates the gating, which was a good thing. I think the suggestion is more to keep clan tech out of plat purchase and reserve that for weapons who's blueprints can be purchased from the Market. The argument isn't one of patience, but of balance.

Except time walls suck. They exist solely to make the game less fun, and F2P can exist without them.

of course, warframe could get so far without time walls, why some players thinks that these pay or wait are a necessity now, puzzles me.

i guess only those who pay will play, and the rest of us will come back when the research is done.

does not sound like a good business scheme.

Edited by omega_phoenix

Here is simple solution.

Buy platinum ( 10 $ will give you 170 ) or sell maxed uncommon mods ( 200 platinum ) and magically you can buy Gri(m)nlock. I dont intend to spend any plat on frames or weapons, and i can way 3 days for that rifle.

If you want something faster, fork some platinum. There is no point in complaining about getting items for free over time. Or would you rather have paywall in the means that you can only use base 3 frames for free? I dont see the point. If you are new player you have crapload of others weapons to level, and if you are veteran you should have some platinum ( either you bought it or you got it via trade ).

Edited by RoboDoge

Another weap that can be bought directly with plat or forever to research + craft. Yeah.. My position on this is pretty clear. F2P downsides my *insert word here* 

There is no point at all to let us wait for a weap forever DE. No point at all. I don't feel compelled to buy a weap if I need to wait forever. Infact, I feel more pushed towards not buying it out of utter disgust.

Hope you guys finally realize people are really starting to get &!$$ed off by this. 

Edited by Anzuul

Here is simple solution.

Buy platinum ( 10 $ will give you 170 ) or sell maxed uncommon mods ( 200 platinum ) and magically you can buy Gri(m)nlock. I dont intend to spend any plat on frames or weapons, and i can way 3 days for that rifle.

If you want something faster, fork some platinum. There is no point in complaining about getting items for free over time. Or would you rather have paywall in the means that you can only use base 3 frames for free? I dont see the point. If you are new player you have crapload of others weapons to level, and if you are veteran you should have some platinum ( either you bought it or you got it via trade ).

is not about the plat, is the concept.

i dont know if you have been here long enough, but warframe is losing all his appeal, what makes it different from others f2p games, that is why some veterans are angry about.

this started as a indie hippie project, "help us create our dream game" was DE motto, lot of us taked the bait, now is more and more like any other f2p around, and to be honest if you have loads of money there are better options around.

started as a romantic journey (and DE did get money also), then in a year it becomes a business ride, sorry, no.

Edited by omega_phoenix

Too many things to quote. You aren't being forced to pay for it. You have an easy yet slightly difficult choice. Again it's free to play. The method may suck but it's either you wait and do something else or you don't but there needs to be a benefit to not. DE have chosen this action. It's either you wait or you tediously grind these days. We've expressed annoyance in their methods and now there are 'wait walls'. I sincerely doubt they care about pushing us that further, really.

Ugh... I'm sitting here starring at the grinlock and extremely tempted to buy it.  I'm fighting the urge though, as I just started the research and know it's bp will soon be available... In three days...

This time I will fight it.  I will resist!

Edited by Rennagade